Lewis Ferguson

I have no idea if he is any good. Bidding £1.5m for a player
It's just a report without any substance, there's hundreds of journo's and bloggers writing shit to get clicks. Why should we believe anything that's written about us when we know and are constantly saying that the media is full of lies and shit. The season is way off but the club is already being dug out online on the strength of some cunt that probably knows less than us.

I have no idea if he is any good. Bidding £1.5m for a player when another club bid £3.5m not so long ago is typical Millwall. It's like these bids are done to be seen to be doing something.
This.

All it does is embarrass the club! JB, GR and the board need to be setting their sights on cheaper players in the leagues below us - finding rough diamonds we can get for pennies, but with the right coaching, they can be brought up to sparkle and shine!

If we go down this route, and actually buy players, then we don’t have to rely on getting in loanees, especially as we haven’t had much luck with them over the last couple of years. As it is, we usually end up with loanee players the parent club don’t want or need, yet we’re having to fund half their wages, and that money could be better used to entice lower league players to actually sign for us!

The weekly wage for one loanee signing, could be anywhere between £10,000 to £15,000+ a week! That’s wasted money if a loanee doesn’t do well, and is in and out of the team! Then, at the end of the season, said loanee fucks off back to his parent club, leaving our club back at square one, and having to go through the whole loanee process the following season! Paying one loanee that amount of weekly wages, could be used to pay the weekly wage of two players from the lower leagues - players that we get to keep at the end of a season!

Alternatively, GR could just play Alex Mitchell, Topalloj, Mueller and Olaofe, in the hope that one or more of them might come good, thereby saving the club a lot of money that way!

Last edited:
There should be a seperate sticky thread for all the transfer rumours, lies and cunting of the club. The forum gets ruined with thread after thread from bed wetters and bods that spend two months on hypothetical theories. We're builders, cabbies, office bods, postmen and train drivers but once the sun comes out some bods turn into chairman, CEO's, player Scouts and football managers

:rotfl:

Unusually our Ferguson bid is mentioned on the BBC via their text button that 99% of the time concentrates on the Premiership and top European clubs :unsure:

Do you have any proof that we made a bid?
I don’t think anyone knows anything at the moment! It could all be bollox, or there could be an element of truth to a story that gives it its legs!

I guess the only way we supporters would know for definite, is when the club release a statement refuting what X newspaper, or X social media site are saying is bollox! Thing is, unless GR comes out and says “we are/we’re not interested in this player,” then there’s always going to be a chance in supporters minds that we are interested! Maybe we bid £1.5M for Ferguson, but were unaware that another club had previously bid £3.5M, and were knocked back! Yes, clutching at straws here, but if true, then we didn’t do our homework properly, and that would be embarrassing!

There should be a seperate sticky thread for all the transfer rumours, lies and cunting of the club. The forum gets ruined with thread after thread from bed wetters and bods that spend two months on hypothetical theories. We're builders, cabbies, office bods, postmen and train drivers but once the sun comes out some bods turn into chairman, CEO's, player Scouts and football managers

:rotfl:
I agree that it annoys the hell out of me, but isn't that half the fun of football?

Thing is, unless GR comes out and says “we are/we’re not interested in this player,”
Are you having a laugh? He should respond to every piece of shit, lie and rumour printed? The geezer is probably on holiday with his family for fuck sake. What did you do pre season before the internet? Why don't you contact the source of these rumours and ask them for proof whilst you're waiting for Rowett at the airport. Absolute lunacy and you have the cheek to take the piss out of Charlton- your post looks like it was scraped from their forums. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

:rofl::rofl:

I agree that it annoys the hell out of me, but isn't that half the fun of football?
Not for me and more so when the club is being cunted without good reason cause some cunt has a shat out a pile on twitter. My fun is matchdays with the chaps and fellow supporters.

Are you having a laugh? He should respond to every piece of shit, lie and rumour printed? The geezer is probably on holiday with his family for fuck sake. What did you do pre season before the internet? Why don't you contact the source of these rumours and ask them for proof whilst you're waiting for Rowett at the airport. Absolute lunacy and you have the cheek to take the piss out of Charlton- your post looks like it was scraped from their forums. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

:rofl::rofl:
So you don’t think that Wall supporters, when they hear that the club are interested in this or that player, don’t ask journalists like Richard Cawley on Twitter, if there is/isn’t any substance to it?

Cawley is in the know. It’s his job to be. As a journalist he wants to make headlines and story content, and usually he only prints stuff if he’s 99% certain of his sources! If Cawley can’t ask GR direct on something, he’ll know someone at the club who may have heard if GR has remarked about the validity/non validity of a player coming to us!

And if we did offer say, over a million for any player, it would be major news, because every journalist knows we are not the kind of club that spends that amount of money for a player, that often.

Those sort of rumoured bids would need a reply from GR to find out if it were true or not. Cawley and every other journalists would want to know! The only person they can ask is the manager!

So you don’t think that Wall supporters, when they hear that the club are interested in this or that player, don’t ask journalists like Richard Cawley on Twitter, if there is/isn’t any substance to it?

Cawley is in the know. It’s his job to be. As a journalist he wants to make headlines and story content, and usually he only prints stuff if he’s 99% certain of his sources! If Cawley can’t ask GR direct on something, he’ll know someone at the club who may have heard if GR has remarked about the validity/non validity of a player coming to us!

And if we did offer say, over a million for any player, it would be major news, because every journalist knows we are not the kind of club that spends that amount of money for a player, that often.

Those sort of rumoured bids would need a reply from GR to find out if it were true or not. Cawley and every other journalists would want to know! The only person they can ask is the manager!

Do you really think that Rowett is going to give a definitive answer on every single transfer rumour one way or the other? Of course he isn’t, especially when most of them are completely without substance and made up by weirdos on the internet.

On the other hand if there is some truth involved then he’s hardly going to risk the whole thing by announcing it to the SLP before anything is agreed and signed. I would imagine negotiating a big money transfer between clubs, agents and players is a complicated business, it wouldn’t be very professional for the manager (who isn’t involved in the finer details anyway) to go public with it. No one in football works like that and Rowett is no different.

I guess the only way we supporters would know for definite, is when the club release a statement refuting what X newspaper, or X social media site are saying is bollox!
Or the supporters could just ignore it and see most of it as bullshit and column filler. Considering the amount that JB is pumping into the club to keep it afloat whilst freezing season ticket prices, where is the money coming from for someone to trawl social media all day to refute lies that bods like you believe and then use as ammo to dig out Millwall?

You are essentially suggesting that the club pay a salary we cann't afford because bods are too fucking gullible and stupid and trust what the gutter press and bloggers spew out. On top of that that do you reallly think it's a good idea as a business to let all and sundry know what your plans are before anything concrete is in place? Damned if they do, damned if they don't! I bet a pound to a piece of shit that had we signed him the club would be getting pelters from you and saying the player is shit.

You've twisted that well! You said Rowett now it;s some fucking trainspotter. This is a million pound industry, do you think us or the selling club are wise to disclose that info? It's just a bid, if we have at all, why is that so vital to you? There could be ten clubs interested, we probably bid for many players. It's none of our business until a player is signed.

Those sort of rumoured bids would need a reply from GR to find out if it were true or not.
No they don't. Considering many don't believe a word that the club say what good would it do other than to appease your hunger for news?
The only person they can ask is the manager!
Not true. The manger hands over a wishlist, the CEO and whoever else is involved acts on that list. He probably knows as much as us until the CEO or whoever has some news/ feedback to tell him. We are customers/ supporters of the club not bloody board members, it's none of our business but you could write to JB and demand regular updates on player recruitment. Let us know what his response is, ta :thumbup:

You've twisted that well! You said Rowett now it;s some fucking trainspotter. This is a million pound industry, do you think us or the selling club are wise to disclose that info? It's just a bid, if we have at all, why is that so vital to you? There could be ten clubs interested, we probably bid for many players. It's none of our business until a player is signed.

No they don't. Considering many don't believe a word that the club say what good would it do other than to appease your hunger for news?

Not true. The manger hands over a wishlist, the CEO and whoever else is involved acts on that list. He probably knows as much as us until the CEO or whoever has some news/ feedback to tell him. We are customers/ supporters of the club not bloody board members, it's none of our business but you could write to JB and demand regular updates on player recruitment. Let us know what his response is, ta :thumbup:
Here you go slo@millwallplc.com. Fire off an email to JB or Kavanagh via Shona with your demands of updates, transfer target lists/ fee offered/ plus the daily statements that you demand from our manager each and every time someone at the club farts. I'm sure as a paying customer that JB will give you the response that you demand. Let us know how you get on!!

Good luck.

Here you go slo@millwallplc.com. Fire off an email to JB or Kavanagh via Shona with your demands of updates, transfer target lists/ fee offered/ plus the daily statements that you demand from our manager each and every time someone at the club farts. I'm sure as a paying customer that JB will give you the response that you demand. Let us know how you get on!!

Good luck.
If your emailing JB can you say that i said he has a lovely Barnet and i wanna run my fingers through it.

Cheers