Latest nonsense from Wegner

Phlion54

Wanted to ruin the world cup by having it every 2 years and creating massive game build up at expense of the league clubs now he wants to do away with Throwi ins & Free kicks as they take up.too.much time and replace it with a 5 second tap in or pass....how many great goals have been scored from free kicks or how often does a long throw put defences under pressure , have a time limit for throw - ins by all all means but stop messing with the game for the sake of the television companies

Imagine how much money he has accumulated over the years. Even when he was Arsenal manager, he worked mid week for French TV. Greedy bastard.

Wanted to ruin the world cup by having it every 2 years and creating massive game build up at expense of the league clubs now he wants to do away with Throwi ins & Free kicks as they take up.too.much time and replace it with a 5 second tap in or pass....how many great goals have been scored from free kicks or how often does a long throw put defences under pressure , have a time limit for throw - ins by all all means but stop messing with the game for the sake of the television companies
Did you read the entire article? He explains why he wants the throw adapted and he may have a point. It has somewhat upset the Liverpool throw in coach who's concerned for his job so that will do me.

Last edited:
Did you read the entire article? He explains why he wants the throw adapted and he may have a point. It has somewhat upset the Liverpool throw in coach so that will do me.
I believe it is to stop the amount of time it takes some teams to complete a throw in but ain't that's the refs/ lines person job to monitor that ,its a gimmick for the television ,turning into American sport,why change something that's worked for over a hundred years...,we will end with var checking if they take longer then 5 seconds God help.us

why change something that's worked for over a hundred years..
Like the pass back to the keeper? The game has changed somewhat since it's inception. Perahps a trail period to see if it has any benefit may the way to go. Var has it's positives as has the new rule about going to ground on contact. Or we could just apply the rules rugby uses in regards to the ref and the team captain being the only one to approach him. If the players and managers weren't cheating so much there'd be no need for any of it!

I doubt it, Wengers idea is that it keeps the game flowing.
1 thought , would you still not be offside from the throw in / tap in , that would alter the game if your tap in went 10 yards or more to a forward in an off side position and they scored.. The kick Ishould be more accurate ( unless at millwall) then a throw....more var decision to slow the game down if you will now be offside