Just back

Phlion54

Absolutely shocking..& Don't let Flemming anywhere near a free kick. But this is what we
do, no creativity in midfield and playing 1 up front against one of the worst teams in the league is just wrong ...we must attack these teams at home with a packed forward line and this is our best chance for years to.be top 6....2 loses & a lucky win in the last 3 home games...come on millwall sort of out.

Absolutely shocking..& Don't let Flemming anywhere near a free kick. But this is what we
do, no creativity in midfield and playing 1 up front against one of the worst teams in the league is just wrong ...we must attack these teams at home with a packed forward line and this is our best chance for years to.be top 6....2 loses & a lucky win in the last 3 home games...come on millwall sort of out.
But we did attack, pretty much for the whole game!

They wanted a point and shut up shop from the 1st minute onwards! Their midfield and defence held their shape well, and because of that, it was hard for our midfield/forwards to break them down! It certainly wasn’t for the lack of trying!

Flemming was well marshalled by his own shadow that was a Huddersfield player, who wouldn’t let him play his usual free flowing game, and that got the Dutchman frustrated - maybe it was that frustration that affected his free kick taking?

A bad day in the field for 007, but maybe he’ll get his licence to thrill back in time for the next game against WBA?

A static central midfield and not having any proper wingers starting the game cost us, along with feeding their centre backs with long balls.

Warnock to his credit played the hand he was dealt perfectly.

A static central midfield and not having any proper wingers starting the game cost us, along with feeding their centre backs with long balls.

Warnock to his credit played the hand he was dealt perfectly.
If Burey is available for the WBA game, I’d like to see him start on the right wing, and Esse on the left wing. Get down those channels and whip over some great balls into the box, and hope that either Bradshaw, Flemming or Voglsammer can get on the end of them!

I'm sure that if we'd been told at the beginning of the season that we would be 6th with 8 games left, the overwhelming majority of us would have been more than pleased. GR and the squad obviously deserve praise for the season so far.

Nevertheless, that was a poor performance yesterday against poor - albeit well organised - opponents. No doubting the effort but we lacked guile.

Long had little chance with their goal. I thought he was our best passer of the ball, which says it all really. Danny was badly at fault for the goal and was generally poor. Cresswell and Cooper had little to do defensively, but why did it take them 30 minutes to realise that they could drive forward at will? Wallace did well. Midfield had no creativity: Saville; a game to forget for him. Leonard ran around a lot but - long throws aside - produced nothing. Honeyman; some good touches but less influence as game went on. Fleming; their lad did a number on him. Bradshaw, poor but tbf outnumbered 3-1 most of the time. Three of the subs made a positive difference which begs the question why there wasn't, at least, one change at half time? Watmore's urgency and direct running raised our game. Although Wallace did ok, Malone is more assured going forward and we looked better with him on. Esse looks like some prospect. Doesn't seem bothered by the odd error; demands the ball; good close control; seems able to take defenders on on either side. Of the other two, Shack ok. Burke poor. He's quick but imo that's about it. I almost forgot Vogi which says it all.

Good season so far. Bad day yesterday. Reset and go again after the break. COYL.

If Burey is available for the WBA game, I’d like to see him start on the right wing, and Esse on the left wing. Get down those channels and whip over some great balls into the box, and hope that either Bradshaw, Flemming or Voglsammer can get on the end of them!
Not the German. Never ever again. Not a striker. Not a mid. Not a winger. A waste on a place. Feel same if savs right now: big time

I'm sure that if we'd been told at the beginning of the season that we would be 6th with 8 games left, the overwhelming majority of us would have been more than pleased. GR and the squad obviously deserve praise for the season so far.

Nevertheless, that was a poor performance yesterday against poor - albeit well organised - opponents. No doubting the effort but we lacked guile.

Long had little chance with their goal. I thought he was our best passer of the ball, which says it all really. Danny was badly at fault for the goal and was generally poor. Cresswell and Cooper had little to do defensively, but why did it take them 30 minutes to realise that they could drive forward at will? Wallace did well. Midfield had no creativity: Saville; a game to forget for him. Leonard ran around a lot but - long throws aside - produced nothing. Honeyman; some good touches but less influence as game went on. Fleming; their lad did a number on him. Bradshaw, poor but tbf outnumbered 3-1 most of the time. Three of the subs made a positive difference which begs the question why there wasn't, at least, one change at half time? Watmore's urgency and direct running raised our game. Although Wallace did ok, Malone is more assured going forward and we looked better with him on. Esse looks like some prospect. Doesn't seem bothered by the odd error; demands the ball; good close control; seems able to take defenders on on either side. Of the other two, Shack ok. Burke poor. He's quick but imo that's about it. I almost forgot Vogi which says it all.

Good season so far. Bad day yesterday. Reset and go again after the break. COYL.
Rowett couldn’t have watched em against norwich. Norwich’s centre backs especially first half were allowed to run with the ball to practically the edge of their area. They were dire.

That was one game where Billy would have helped
Our problem yesterday, and has been all season, was the lack of creativity in central midfield. Would Billy have solved that? Not in my book:shake:

At this point in time, the only central midfielders who can unpick a packed defence are Shacks (with his ability on the ball), Evans (excellent passer) and Esse. The latter is inexperienced (but worth a try?) and the other 2 have weaknesses GR is not prepared to risk.

Billy with his energy and determination will always be an asset to the team but I can't see him being the one who takes control of midfield and makes the team tick.

Hopefully, Esse will fulfil the potential we all see in him but will it be in central midfield? Can't say.

Where's the next Alex Rae when we need him?

Oh for an Alex Rae .. came down unheard .. 20 years old .. blitzed Barnsley 4-1, he got 2 .. we fucking knew him then!!!