Just back

Phlion54

After the Tuesday match was hoping for a response but it did not happen , on the front foot from the kick off utd were running through our midfield at ease and after 10 or so minutes Wallace was outpaced by their forward and slipped the ball.last Bart 1-0, for the rest of the half we were hanging on when again playing the ball across our back 4 Treadwell under bit a pass to God knows who and their forward faced through and scored poor football by us , feared the second but Saville & Bennett got stuck in but we really never looked like scoring , afobi was dire and did not create or have a effort on goal, our corners were predicible and easily defended , the subs that were too.late were baffling....took off the 2 best players in saville & Bennett strange ... If we are going to persist in the long ball.hoof you need a target man who can win the ball sad to say we have not got such a striker ,too much negative passing and we got exactly what we deserved , great turnout again but a big improvement needed on saturday

Last edited:
Can you see any positive Tactical Plan from Rowett, especially away from home? We had a team Brim full of midfielders who should have coped, but failed to either press tight or tackle. Says a lot if Saville was our best player.
Afobe needs the proverbial 'Rocket' and as for what Molly brings to the team is lost to me. Rowett needs to look at himself as much as the Players do. We don't expect to win every game, but the last two performances have been dire.

He needs service. He got that to a degree last season and scored around 14 times. We're two games in, regardless of performance yesterday Sheffield looked a very good side, a better side that us, it's football, it happens.
We were bad, Sheff Utd good on the pitch, A bit of a joke off it by all accounts.

Until we find a frontman who can hold on to the ball instead of falling over every time he gets near the ball then we are going to struggle. Òur one tactic is to pump it long and hope for the best, and if that best is Afobe then we might as well give up. Just my opinion having watched the replay.

On Saturdays showing it looks like we are going go be much the same side as last year. Hard working, physical, but that’s about it.

We have no pattern to our play, no obvious non-set piece threat now Jed has gone, and no one providing the link between our deep lying midfielders and our strikers.

People have spoken about Flemming as if he is going to solve that issue but I don’t see him as that sort of player. To me, he looks like the sort that makes late runs in to the box and takes shots from distance, not a dribbler who will thread a nice pass through for Afobe who makes intelligent run after intelligent run.

We never seem to have any time on the ball, everything is rushed, our lack of movement all over the pitch is something alot on here have picked up on over the last few years, why this has not been addressed is astonishing!!
I still think we need an attack minded coach, every coach at the club was a defender in their playing days!!!

Two key players out injured, up against a very capable team with a budget that we can only dream about, and a team we usually beat. The opening day fixture and performance that pleasantly surprised us all now consigned to the dustbin and normal, negative knicker wetting has ressumed. The end is nigh, fold everything.
I hope they wash the wet Knickers before folding them.
:grinning:

A few on this forum including me where happy with the transfer dealings done by the club with hopefully a couple of loans slung in by the close of the loan window...Seems now after two league games we could be contenders for a basement struggle according some.
We have never really had much depth to squad over the last few seasons but here we are still in the championship.

If we finish above sheff utd we'll be in the playoffs.id be more worried if Sat's performance would have been against relegation fodder