Just back

Phlion54

And for once I wished I did not bother, a changed team but still.good enough to win the game, Bradshaw injured in the first 5 minutes did not help And the young lad came and looked ok , not many of any chances created in the first half except honeyman getting booked and me along most of the game around me were trying to work out who was playing where and what formation as it looked a mess, second half started will fight and the young lad had a rrun on goal but hit the side netting then we began to go downhill,honeyman sent off for 2nd yellow8 and they took control really of the game and scored the only goal. with a passing move of aboutv10 passes ,we had a golden chance to equalize but a one on one with the keeper ended up.more of a back pass then a shot and that really was that , lost count the number of corners we had and tried the same ball with no variation and chances, it was a very poor performance all round but it was not helped in my opinion by the manager , should have taken honeyman off at half time ( got plenty of midfielders now) but now misses Saturday's game & Cooper should have replaced Evans if we were going to do the same thing every corner ,don't think we won a backl post header of any sort and will be interesting why Flemming was not in the squad...well done to the 783 millwall fans for putting up we the rubbish served up tonight.

Last edited:
And for once I wished I did not bother, a changed team but still.good enough to win the game, Bradshaw injured in the first 5 minutes did not help And the young lad came and looked ok , not many of any chances created in the first half except honeyman getting booked and me along most of the game around me were trying to work out who was playing where and what formation as it looked a mess, second half started will fight and the young lad had a rrun on goal but hit the side netting then we began to go downhill,honeyman sent off for 2nd yellow8 and they took control really of the game and scored the only goal. with a passing move of aboutv10 passes ,we had a golden chance to equalize but a one on one with the keeper ended up.more of a back pass then a shot and that really was that , lost count the number of corners we had and tried the same ball with no variation and chances, it was a very poor performance all round but it was not helped in my opinion by the manager , should have taken honeyman off at half time ( got plenty of midfielders now) but now misses Saturday's game & Cooper should have replaced Evans if we were going to do the same thing every corner ,don't think we won a backl post header of any sort and will be interesting why Flemming was not in the squad...well done to the 783 millwall fans for putting up we the rubbish served up tonight.
G R out by any chance ????

Disappointing outcome and get the impression the 'Wall didn't take it seriously enough. Honeyman has to be told not to be so bloody stupid and remember he"s playing for Millwall and not a pub side. Getting two yellow cards in quick succession is iirresponsible. All games are important.

Is the the signs of the real wall the last 10 years always losing to weaker sides it sure is Following a familiar pattern. IMHO.

A disappointing performance and result but entirely in keeping with the Millwall I know and love. There are great highs and deep lows and this was one of the latter. To be fair he did make 6 changes swiftly followed by a seventh when Bradshaw was crocked. Football is a team game and if you change the team members big time then you can’t expect them to play in the same way. It also gives you the chance to see if others can step in and play well. If they do then you know you have strength in depth. If they don’t then you either get rid or send them out on loan. Olaofe falls into the latter category.
I followed the live stream on NAD but it was poor and the BBC text was better. Fat Dan’s live stream didn’t happen as he couldn’t access a stream so it was a bit of a disaster. That pretty well sums up the whole night. Bradshaw crocked early on, Honeyman gets a one match ban and the Flying Dutchman is crocked too for 3 or 4 weeks.
Things can only get better at Bramall Lane as there will be a real desire to put last night behind them and give a real performance against the Blades.
Thanks P54 for your thoughts on the game. Out of the Cobblers Cup but onto greater things at the weekend.

@Phlion54 cheers for the just back.
What happened to Bradshaw do you know? And how did Olafde play? Any chance he can step up or should he be going back out on loan.
Getting another striker in sounds more important now

@Phlion54 cheers for the just back.
What happened to Bradshaw do you know? And how did Olafde play? Any chance he can step up or should he be going back out on loan.
Getting another striker in sounds more important now

The ball dropped out the sky inside the Cambridge box and Bradshaw hit it on the volley, the shot was so high it's probably still orbiting the moon. He limped away from the box to the half way line until he fell down, to be replaced moments later. A good player when match fit, and in a run of games for us no doubt, but is rather injury prone which prevents any real momentum. Fair to say we need 2 or 3 more in before the window closes.

The ball dropped out the sky inside the Cambridge box and Bradshaw hit it on the volley, the shot was so high it's probably still orbiting the moon. He limped away from the box to the half way line until he fell down, to be replaced moments later. A good player when match fit, and in a run of games for us no doubt, but is rather injury prone which prevents any real momentum. Fair to say we need 2 or 3 more in before the window closes.
Thanks Bex. Real shame, like you say a good player when fit but i doubt we will ever see a prolific player in him because of his injuries problems. Much like Bennett.

Credit for going, @Phlion54. Thanks for the report.

It was 8 corners
We also had 15 shots but only one of them was on target
that's a lot of corners not sure about the 15 shots but I suppose our best chance with the one on one classed as the 1 on target.....more like a simple back.pass to everyone....every corner was long to the back post and I don't believe we created one good effort and they knew what was coming every time ...got to have an alternative routine to keep them guessing

Football is a team game and if you change the team members big time then you can’t expect them to play in the same way. It also gives you the chance to see if others can step in and play well.
But isn’t that the point of having a good squad depth? Players who can slot into a position if someone like Bradshaw goes off injured, or Honeyman is sent off! Put Bennett on for Honeyman and play him as a No. 10, so formation and tactics don’t have to change when a player comes on as someone’s replacement?

just read GR comments about the red card and how it was avoidable and blamed the ref , if he had taken him.off at half time which was the sensible thing to do in this no nothing game then he would be playing saturday, poor management skills as we have plenty of midfielders in the tech , the fault lies on the bench

i expected to see honeyman subbed off at HT - always felt he was going to get sent off. There was a moment maybe 5 minutes before he got the red, where he pulled out of a challenge so you could see it coming