Just Back v Watford on iFlop

silverlion

Staff member
A much better performance and a narrow defeat from the penalty spot.

They started of brightly and it looked as if this would be another repeat of Wednesday's game. They pressed us back at will and in Sarr they looked as if they had match winner. We were not going to sit back and let them roll us over. From a long throw there was a knock down to Jed but his shot was saved. They had other ideas and continued to press down the flanks. Sarr flew down the line with pace, took the ball into our area and Billy just got across him and brought him down and the ref pointed to the spot. Sarr made no mistake sending Bart the wrong way for 1-0. They clearly thought that we would roll over but we dug in and kept them at bay. Then came a turning point. Their speedy right back who was supplying the ammunition to Sarr pulled his groin and was subbed by Cathcart. He is really a CB and so they lost their thrust down the right. A free kick by Molly on the left saw a good interchange between Bradshaw and Bennett saw a shot from Tom go wide. Another free kick saw the ball back to Jed who crossed for Cooper's header to be cleared. We continued to press forward and a Jed cross to Billy produced a good shot and save. The corner went to Bennett and a far post header from Molly was wide. We had a good ten minutes before the break and they were wilting. A good nod on to Bradshaw from Bennett saw his shot pushed for a corner which sadly came to nothing. We looked good and they looked anything but Premiership bound but the half ended with them having their noses in front.

GR would have been the happier for the two managers at the break and wanted more of the same in the second half. We started the half on the front foot and a good ball down the line from Danny found Jed and his cross found Bradshaw who shot over. We continued to press and and a ball down the line found Bradshaw who cut it inside to Molly but his shot was cleared. Another ball from Danny found Jed who moved it on to Billy but his shot was deflected for a corner. The set piece came into a crowded box but Bradshaw's header was scooped off the line by their keeper. A free kick came to Danny and his cross was headed goals wards by Cooper but the ref blew for a foul. It was time for fresh legs.Williams and Ken came on for Billy and Bradshaw. A few minutes later there was a good interchange between Molly and Bennett but it went off for a corner which came to nothing. More fresh legs as Muller and Mahoney came on for Molly and Danny. Romeo moved to RB and Muller slotted in as the third CB. Mahoney played LWB. Then a tiring Bennett came of for Burey. With two minutes to go some good play on the right between Burey and Jed led to a cross which was cleared to Dutch who sliced his shot over. The four added minutes seemed endless for them and some were ready to put on their brown shorts as we poured forward looking for an equaliser. Sadly that never happened and they squeaked a streaky win.

Bart had a couple of regulation saves to make but could do little about the penalty which beat him. Danny looked full of energy down the right and played well. Romeo played better than I thought he would and was not caught short in his new defensive role. Evans was solid but Captain Cooper probably shaded MOM with a fine performance in defence. Molly was energetic down the left but faded a little late on. Dutch was crisp in the tackle and played well and the same could be said for Billy. Bradshaw played surprisingly well and Jed and Bennett were busy and posed some threat. Williams and Ken had little impact, Muller looked solid and Mahoney had a couple of moments. Burey looked energetic but posed little threat.

All in all a solid performance and a vast improvement on Wednesday's abject display. If they play like that next season then they will be through the trapdoor by Christmas. My final thought is why we play in RED. Nobody can tell me that Yellow and black clash with blue and white so why did we wear RED? Nobody knows!!!

A much better performance and a narrow defeat from the penalty spot.

They started of brightly and it looked as if this would be another repeat of Wednesday's game. They pressed us back at will and in Sarr they looked as if they had match winner. We were not going to sit back and let them roll us over. From a long throw there was a knock down to Jed but his shot was saved. They had other ideas and continued to press down the flanks. Sarr flew down the line with pace, took the ball into our area and Billy just got across him and brought him down and the ref pointed to the spot. Sarr made no mistake sending Bart the wrong way for 1-0. They clearly thought that we would roll over but we dug in and kept them at bay. Then came a turning point. Their speedy right back who was supplying the ammunition to Sarr pulled his groin and was subbed by Cathcart. He is really a CB and so they lost their thrust down the right. A free kick by Molly on the left saw a good interchange between Bradshaw and Bennett saw a shot from Tom go wide. Another free kick saw the ball back to Jed who crossed for Cooper's header to be cleared. We continued to press forward and a Jed cross to Billy produced a good shot and save. The corner went to Bennett and a far post header from Molly was wide. We had a good ten minutes before the break and they were wilting. A good nod on to Bradshaw from Bennett saw his shot pushed for a corner which sadly came to nothing. We looked good and they looked anything but Premiership bound but the half ended with them having their noses in front.

GR would have been the happier for the two managers at the break and wanted more of the same in the second half. We started the half on the front foot and a good ball down the line from Danny found Jed and his cross found Bradshaw who shot over. We continued to press and and a ball down the line found Bradshaw who cut it inside to Molly but his shot was cleared. Another ball from Danny found Jed who moved it on to Billy but his shot was deflected for a corner. The set piece came into a crowded box but Bradshaw's header was scooped off the line by their keeper. A free kick came to Danny and his cross was headed goals wards by Cooper but the ref blew for a foul. It was time for fresh legs.Williams and Ken came on for Billy and Bradshaw. A few minutes later there was a good interchange between Molly and Bennett but it went off for a corner which came to nothing. More fresh legs as Muller and Mahoney came on for Molly and Danny. Romeo moved to RB and Muller slotted in as the third CB. Mahoney played LWB. Then a tiring Bennett came of for Burey. With two minutes to go some good play on the right between Burey and Jed led to a cross which was cleared to Dutch who sliced his shot over. The four added minutes seemed endless for them and some were ready to put on their brown shorts as we poured forward looking for an equaliser. Sadly that never happened and they squeaked a streaky win.

Bart had a couple of regulation saves to make but could do little about the penalty which beat him. Danny looked full of energy down the right and played well. Romeo played better than I thought he would and was not caught short in his new defensive role. Evans was solid but Captain Cooper probably shaded MOM with a fine performance in defence. Molly was energetic down the left but faded a little late on. Dutch was crisp in the tackle and played well and the same could be said for Billy. Bradshaw played surprisingly well and Jed and Bennett were busy and posed some threat. Williams and Ken had little impact, Muller looked solid and Mahoney had a couple of moments. Burey looked energetic but posed little threat.

All in all a solid performance and a vast improvement on Wednesday's abject display. If they play like that next season then they will be through the trapdoor by Christmas. My final thought is why we play in RED. Nobody can tell me that Yellow and black clash with blue and white so why did we wear RED? Nobody knows!!!
My final thought is why we play in RED. Nobody can tell me that Yellow and black clash with blue and white so why did we wear RED? Nobody knows!!!

Huski, part of our contract is to play a certain amount of games to match their marketing.

My final thought is why we play in RED. Nobody can tell me that Yellow and black clash with blue and white so why did we wear RED? Nobody knows!!!

Huski, part of our contract is to play a certain amount of games to match their marketing.
Maybe the home kit will be red next season

Once again many thanks Silver for your effort. Alwsys appreciated. Perhaps the 'Wall dhobi machine wS broke? Hence the red.strip.

Bugger that. They should change their corporate colour to navy blue....

An ok game, most of them played ok, Evans looks lost and dutch, has a good strong tackle but his marking is not his strong point, Romeo done ok but does not look interested, at one point he just put the ball out for a goal kick from just inside their half, didn't even look up to see if we had a player there, zahore is lazy and is a waste, Williams, well that's enough about Williams. Molly, Jed and Bennett should not have started with injury's, bad call by GR

Thank you for the just back.

Cheers for the report Silver. Very much appreciated. Was dreading the final score, but was happy enough at full time. A little bit more of an effort, and we could have nabbed a point. I think we were quite unlucky on a couple of occasions, and a better finisher may well have had us nicking a win.
Still, we didn't embarrass ourselves.