Just Back v the Terriers

silverlion

Staff member
A really frustrating game where they provided the banana skin and we comprehensively slipped on it.

We started well and they looked poor from the off. There was some excellent movement down the right with Honeyman and Danny combining well and Flem spraying some good passes out to the right. The left looked lively too and Murray and Sav were providing good service to the middle. With only five on the clock a good move down the left put Vogi in but he scooped it over the bar from 12 yards. Another good move saw Bradshaw on the right but his shot was blocked and a few minutes later Flem burst forward but his shot was just wide. We could have been 3 up before there was 20 on the clock. They were passive and had no press and Cooper and Cresswell were strolling forward with ease. The latter looked like Beckenbauer but we just couldn’t score. It was about 25 minutes gone before they put forward a move of any threat and it came to nothing. The ref was playing his part and he was just appalling for the whole game. Crunchy tackles went unpunished but powder puff tackles on anybody with a pink shirt on were a free kick over and over again. We pressed really hard but we just couldn’t fashion a chance which would end in their net. There was a big cheer when Waghorn was crocked and was replaced by Ward and he got dogs abuse when he walked off. The half ended goalless.

We picked up where we left off. We pushed and pressed but had no joy. Flem had a free kick in a decent position but his shot almost made the top tier in the CBL. They grew in confidence and it was time for fresh legs. Off went Honeyman and Vogi and on came Watmore and Burke. Just before he went off our afternoon was typified by the events following a corner for them. It was hacked clear and Honeyman was completely wiped out by their defender as he made a quick break. The ball fell to Sav who had 4 defenders to beat and the ref waved play on. There was hardly any advantage to us and Sav got muscled out and they regained possession. Honeyman was crocked and their defender did not even get booked. Then the inevitable happened. The ball was played down their left and their winger stole half a yard on Danny and whipped in a low near post cross. Ward just got in front of Cooper and clipped it over Long and they were one up. We threw everything at them Shack came on for Danny and Molly came on for Murray but as hard as we pressed the harder it became. Every time there was a second ball to be won it fell to a pink shirt. They slowed the game right down and every free kick, throw in and goal kick took an age. Esse came on at the death and Cooper went upfront but as hard as we tried the harder it became and Colin Wanker walked off with all three points.

Long made some decent saves but could do little about their winner. Danny played well and Cresswell and Cooper were solid. Murray was dependable. Sav ran his heart out and Leonard had some moments. Vogi was aggressive and Honeyman was busy. Flem had some moments too but he wasn’t great. Bradshaw hardly got a look in. Watmore had a good 30 minutes and ran hard at their defence without any success. Burke flattered to deceive, Molly ran hard and so did Shack and Esse had a ten minute cameo without providing a threat. All in all it was a very frustrating afternoon that you could have predicted before the first whistle. The international break could not have come at a better time. Billy, Bennett and Burey should be back for WBA and todays result has not affected our league position but our confidence is at a low ebb.

We were out shithoused by the master of shithousery-Warnock. Knew it would be a tough physical game, they done to us what we've done to many teams this season.

Thought first half we were very good and a goal or two lead at half time wouldn't have been unfair on us. Players stuck at it but we had fuck all luck today, can't be pissed off cause we had a good go,

Always going to be tough against teams fighting for survival. I'd rather we played top eight sides who give you chances, we do struggle to break down stubborn/ resilient teams.

Our season won't be decided/;defined on todays result. Won't point the blame on individuals, the same ones that have done so well to get us where are today. We brush ourselves down and go again. Keep the faith.

I’ve sussed it when we play top teams we compeat & fight like lions when we play shite we come down to there levelheaded taken me decades to find that out

Paddy, that is always the ' Wall way. It is because, in my opinion, that they are too relaxed when they take the pitch. Not geed up enough because they are playing a bottom side. Ty

Continuing....

Typical 'Wall attitude. Too relaxed and I've seen it too often going back to Gateshead head beating us 0-2 at the old Den and they were absolutely rock bottom. Also Crewe beating us 2-0 at the 'Wall.Rowett has to get them pumped up in the dressing room before the match. If you take them lightly they will hurt you. Now wake up, NOW.

A really frustrating game where they provided the banana skin and we comprehensively slipped on it.

We started well and they looked poor from the off. There was some excellent movement down the right with Honeyman and Danny combining well and Flem spraying some good passes out to the right. The left looked lively too and Murray and Sav were providing good service to the middle. With only five on the clock a good move down the left put Vogi in but he scooped it over the bar from 12 yards. Another good move saw Bradshaw on the right but his shot was blocked and a few minutes later Flem burst forward but his shot was just wide. We could have been 3 up before there was 20 on the clock. They were passive and had no press and Cooper and Cresswell were strolling forward with ease. The latter looked like Beckenbauer but we just couldn’t score. It was about 25 minutes gone before they put forward a move of any threat and it came to nothing. The ref was playing his part and he was just appalling for the whole game. Crunchy tackles went unpunished but powder puff tackles on anybody with a pink shirt on were a free kick over and over again. We pressed really hard but we just couldn’t fashion a chance which would end in their net. There was a big cheer when Waghorn was crocked and was replaced by Ward and he got dogs abuse when he walked off. The half ended goalless.

We picked up where we left off. We pushed and pressed but had no joy. Flem had a free kick in a decent position but his shot almost made the top tier in the CBL. They grew in confidence and it was time for fresh legs. Off went Honeyman and Vogi and on came Watmore and Burke. Just before he went off our afternoon was typified by the events following a corner for them. It was hacked clear and Honeyman was completely wiped out by their defender as he made a quick break. The ball fell to Sav who had 4 defenders to beat and the ref waved play on. There was hardly any advantage to us and Sav got muscled out and they regained possession. Honeyman was crocked and their defender did not even get booked. Then the inevitable happened. The ball was played down their left and their winger stole half a yard on Danny and whipped in a low near post cross. Ward just got in front of Cooper and clipped it over Long and they were one up. We threw everything at them Shack came on for Danny and Molly came on for Murray but as hard as we pressed the harder it became. Every time there was a second ball to be won it fell to a pink shirt. They slowed the game right down and every free kick, throw in and goal kick took an age. Esse came on at the death and Cooper went upfront but as hard as we tried the harder it became and Colin Wanker walked off with all three points.

Long made some decent saves but could do little about their winner. Danny played well and Cresswell and Cooper were solid. Murray was dependable. Sav ran his heart out and Leonard had some moments. Vogi was aggressive and Honeyman was busy. Flem had some moments too but he wasn’t great. Bradshaw hardly got a look in. Watmore had a good 30 minutes and ran hard at their defence without any success. Burke flattered to deceive, Molly ran hard and so did Shack and Esse had a ten minute cameo without providing a threat. All in all it was a very frustrating afternoon that you could have predicted before the first whistle. The international break could not have come at a better time. Billy, Bennett and Burey should be back for WBA and todays result has not affected our league position but our confidence is at a low ebb.
Silver you forgot the blatant foul on the edge of the area that the cunt ref didn’t give and then they went on to score.

Continuing....

Typical 'Wall attitude. Too relaxed and I've seen it too often going back to Gateshead head beating us 0-2 at the old Den and they were absolutely rock bottom. Also Crewe beating us 2-0 at the 'Wall.Rowett has to get them pumped up in the dressing room before the match. If you take them lightly they will hurt you. Now wake up, NOW.
How do you know the players weren’t already pumped up before the game began? We certainly started well, and as Silver said in his ‘Just Back‘ report, we could have been 3 up after 20 minutes!

Maybe it looked to you that the players were too relaxed because Huddersfield sitting back allowed us to stroll around the pitch with ease! I also think that this squad of players know only too well from previous experience not to take bottom of the table clubs lightly!

Colin Wanker got his tactics absolutely spot on today. He picked a team and a formation to frustrate us and it worked!

How do you know the players weren’t already pumped up before the game began? We certainly started well, and as Silver said in his ‘Just Back‘ report, we could have been 3 up after 20 minutes!

Maybe it looked to you that the players were too relaxed because Huddersfield sitting back allowed us to stroll around the pitch with ease! I also think that this squad of players know only too well from previous experience not to take bottom of the table clubs lightly!

Colin Wanker got his tactics absolutely spot on today. He picked a team and a formation to frustrate us and it worked!
I admire your loyalty mate and ‘there’s none so blind as those who will not see’ 😉

We do to teams week in week out what they did to us yesterday, fair play to them. Massive two games coming up after the break which will definitely decide whether we are in the shake up or not at the end of the season. If were going to lose any of the three games yesterday and the next two, then I will take that one as it hasnt done us too much damage with other teams dropping points as well

I admire your loyalty mate and ‘there’s none so blind as those who will not see’ 😉
It’s not loyalty mate, it’s as I see it from game to game!

IMO, the past couple of months we haven’t played well from a footballing perspective, yet we’ve got positive results from those games! I have been slaughtered on here for being negative, even when we win, because I look at the whole picture - good and bad! I’m not blind to our teams ‘faults’ even if the outcome of the game is a positive one for us! All teams, even Man City, can always improve their game, and we should be no different in that respect!

Yesterday I saw more positives than negatives. We went at them from the off (which we don’t always do), and created chances (which we don’t always do.) We played much less head tennis and did less hoofing than in previous games, and Rowett brought on the right subs at the right time (which he hasn’t always done in previous games!)

We got to their byline several times in the game, and whipped in some good crosses, and on another day Bradshaw and/or 007 would have got a foot or head to one of them and the game might have ended differently for us!

I don't think we did start well, looked like the whole team was asleep for the first 5 minutes. A game we should have won, but was the proverbial banana skin and we stood right on it...

This could be a worry if the managers of our next 8 games employ the same tactics against 007 as Warnock did last Saturday!

Flemming hasn’t been playing well recently, and we don’t need him being still out of form leading up to (and possibly going into) the play offs in May!

Extended highlights and shows a clear foul on Murray which went unpunished. One of many strange refereeing decisions! Have to Andy Davies had a very bad day at the office. In fact he should stayed there!

Members online