Just Back v Sky Blues

Yes I agree and that’s what I stated in my second sentence! 😉
I should have elaborated, my point is that he is the only one to keep moving ,for about 12 yards, in anticipation whilst their back 4 didn't take one step between Burey's shot and the ball hitting the net, I thought one of the basics in football was not to ball watch.

I should have elaborated, my point is that he is the only one to keep moving ,for about 12 yards, in anticipation whilst their back 4 didn't take one step between Burey's shot and the ball hitting the net, I thought one of the basics in football was not to ball watch.
👍
Got to agree with a lot of what you have said , I go to, every game and see first hand the team, tactics etc and Marlone is a waste of a player , done next to nothing in all the games and seems out of condition or is he just lazy ? , afumble also as not had a shot on target this season and cannot create a chance for himself ,let's hope the new man changes all that we shall see on Tuesday night hopefully, some things need to change in midfield/ defence as we cannot keep letting forwards run at us without putting a tackle on till they get to the edge of our box it will cost us goals & points if this tactic is not addressed and why did saville not start ...best player by far at sheffield
Is ‘Marlone’ a hybrid between Molly and The Fist? 😉😂

5 at the back don't seem to be working this season, although it is still very early, I would change to a 4-4-2 diamond, with current players available

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Wallace
Billy
Leonard Saville
Honeyman
Adobe Burey

Burey got to stay in the team We have been short of attacing players for too long Hope he is signed up on a long contract A few more games like that and the premier shit vultures will be hovering

Yesterday’s performance, albeit not the result, left much to be desired.

A number of mistakes contributed to their 2 goals but both started with Billy cocking up in midfield 🤷‍♂️

With the 1st we had the ball on the right midway into their half and he was at a loss what to do with it 🤦‍♂️ He made a poor pass behind Danny who in turn played a bad pass to Cresswell who, under pressure, put it in touch. A quick throw down the line exposed our right side and, rather than whack the ball into touch, Cooper tried to shepherd the ball out for a goal-kick and gave away the corner.

For the 2nd goal, Billy lost the ball in the middle of the park, they played a 1-2 around Danny and the rest is history!

When Billy first came onto the scene I thought he was a great prospect but my gut feeling is he could become a 2nd Thommo. I’d prefer Leonard in Billy’s role which is unfortunate because I’d also prefer him at RB in place of Danny who looks defensively shaky :unsure:

Cresswell looks raw and doesn’t look as good as Ballard. The last thing we need is a youngster learning his trade in the heart of our defence.

Upfront, Afobe 1st touch and control is poor and I’m mystified how managers have paid over £12m for him. Bennett fragility is now legendary and Bradshaw isn’t much better. Burey is a one trick pony who will excite and frustrate in equal proportions. In terms of tracking back he’s a waste of time and I’m getting p*ssed off with his diving :wagging:

Not convinced about Shackleton and a midfield containing 2 midgets is always likely to get overrun🤷‍♂️

Fingers crossed Flemming and the German will add a creativity to the team but, despite 6 points and 4th in the table, GR has a lot of work to do :shake:

Yesterday’s performance, albeit not the result, left much to be desired.

A number of mistakes contributed to their 2 goals but both started with Billy cocking up in midfield 🤷‍♂️

With the 1st we had the ball on the right midway into their half and he was at a loss what to do with it 🤦‍♂️ He made a poor pass behind Danny who in turn played a bad pass to Cresswell who, under pressure, put it in touch. A quick throw down the line exposed our right side and, rather than whack the ball into touch, Cooper tried to shepherd the ball out for a goal-kick and gave away the corner.

For the 2nd goal, Billy lost the ball in the middle of the park, they played a 1-2 around Danny and the rest is history!

When Billy first came onto the scene I thought he was a great prospect but my gut feeling is he could become a 2nd Thommo. I’d prefer Leonard in Billy’s role which is unfortunate because I’d also prefer him at RB in place of Danny who looks defensively shaky :unsure:

Cresswell looks raw and doesn’t look as good as Ballard. The last thing we need is a youngster learning his trade in the heart of our defence.

Upfront, Afobe 1st touch and control is poor and I’m mystified how managers have paid over £12m for him. Bennett fragility is now legendary and Bradshaw isn’t much better. Burey is a one trick pony who will excite and frustrate in equal proportions. In terms of tracking back he’s a waste of time and I’m getting p*ssed off with his diving :wagging:

Not convinced about Shackleton and a midfield containing 2 midgets is always likely to get overrun🤷‍♂️

Fingers crossed Flemming and the German will add a creativity to the team but, despite 6 points and 4th in the table, GR has a lot of work to do :shake:
You’ve made me want to slit my wrists, and I was feeling ok.
Goodbye everyone, been nice knowing you.

Christ Purley, talk about looking at the negatives!

You are clearly a half glass empty man!

I am the opposite, but don't see how you can be be negative after yesterday. Yes we ain't perfect, but our team spirit was fantastic mate.

Possible play offs this year for me!

You’ve made me want to slit my wrists, and I was feeling ok.
Goodbye everyone, been nice knowing you.
If you didn’t slit your wrists after Coventry, how do you feel after yesterday’s game😉

GR has big problems 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Christ Purley, talk about looking at the negatives!

You are clearly a half glass empty man!

I am the opposite, but don't see how you can be be negative after yesterday. Yes we ain't perfect, but our team spirit was fantastic mate.

Possible play offs this year for me!
After yesterday’s game, glass still at least half empty 🤷‍♂️

If you didn’t slit your wrists after Coventry, how do you feel after yesterday’s game😉

GR has big problems 🤦‍♂️
Thanks for your concern, Purely, for my well being.
I was extremely depressed last evening. For a long while I could not face my usual post match beer. It was really serious. I just felt numb. Completely numb.