Just Back v Rovers

Watched the highlights on the OS and it was a very good goal we scored. An excellent cross field pass from Ballard and well spotted and executed. A good first time cross from Molly and well finished by Jed. We had a lot of good possession and some other half decent chances but we couldn’t make the best of it. Disappointing not to have scored a second and won the game but they were very lucky to score from their only chance. It was a soft free kick to give away and the poor ref gave this one but didn’t give several others that were more obvious. It was a good delivery and their striker met it well and placed it wide of Bart’s right hand. But it was poor from us. Danny was marking their scorer and he had little impact on defending the set piece. If it had been Cooper or Murray marking him then it might have been a different outcome. In his post match Murray said they were disappointed to concede from a set piece. Well, you need to organise yourselves better and defend better to keep out their opportunity.
Tuesday will be much tougher and we will need to be on our A game to get a result.

Watched the highlights on the OS and it was a very good goal we scored. An excellent cross field pass from Ballard and well spotted and executed. A good first time cross from Molly and well finished by Jed. We had a lot of good possession and some other half decent chances but we couldn’t make the best of it. Disappointing not to have scored a second and won the game but they were very lucky to score from their only chance. It was a soft free kick to give away and the poor ref gave this one but didn’t give several others that were more obvious. It was a good delivery and their striker met it well and placed it wide of Bart’s right hand. But it was poor from us. Danny was marking their scorer and he had little impact on defending the set piece. If it had been Cooper or Murray marking him then it might have been a different outcome. In his post match Murray said they were disappointed to concede from a set piece. Well, you need to organise yourselves better and defend better to keep out their opportunity.
Tuesday will be much tougher and we will need to be on our A game to get a result.
Silver.in my opinion we were shit.all bar a few good moves.

Best part of the day was being able to buy beers and take them to your seat
Didn’t buy a beer in the ground yesterday cos I heard it was carlsberg piss water, the same shit they were selling at rangers last week.
Opted for a few decent pints of Amstel in the rose before the game.
Oz was it any better yesterday at ours?

One of the most biased referees I’ve seen.
After Jed’s brilliant team goal we seemed to go into a defensive mode.
They were definitely there for the taking.
George Evans a defensive midfielder is of no use at all to our team/squad.
Rather Mitchell, Leonard or Thommo any day.
I missed the first 20 minutes. Apart from Jed’s goal this game is already well
gone in the past

Piss poor substitutions, from GR far too late in the game and bringing on Mitchell in the 88th minute a joke, the mans blind, should of done that in the 55th minute.

He cant hide behind bullshit excuses anymore,it's his selections his team.
I'm going for 18 draws this season. And 1 home win, with him in charge we will never progress.

I reckon by the end of September it will start to dawn on people what I've been saying for 18 months about GR.
Not expecting to get anything from the Fulham match. Then we have Cardiff (A) Blackpool (H), West Brom (A) , Swansea (A), Coventry (H), Forest (A), Bristol C (H).
Maybe a win or 2 and a few draws. 6-9 points plus the 2 we already have gives us 8-11 points from 10 games. Unless we actually start attacking teams and possibly turning a few draws into wins.
I really do hope I'm wrong and will hold my hands up if I am but I just can;t see him changing it up.

Strange, came across loud and clear where I was sitting.

I was in the West Upper, I don’t know if there was a huge great speaker above my head but it sounded more like a horrible racket than a speech.

Maybe the nearer to the ground you were the clearer it became.

Last edited:
I reckon by the end of September it will start to dawn on people what I've been saying for 18 months about GR.
Not expecting to get anything from the Fulham match. Then we have Cardiff (A) Blackpool (H), West Brom (A) , Swansea (A), Coventry (H), Forest (A), Bristol C (H).
Maybe a win or 2 and a few draws. 6-9 points plus the 2 we already have gives us 8-11 points from 10 games. Unless we actually start attacking teams and possibly turning a few draws into wins.
I really do hope I'm wrong and will hold my hands up if I am but I just can;t see him changing it up.
You and me both and a few others. The man is clueless

Didn’t buy a beer in the ground yesterday cos I heard it was carlsberg piss water, the same shit they were selling at rangers last week.
Opted for a few decent pints of Amstel in the rose before the game.
Oz was it any better yesterday at ours?
I was 6 or 7 deep by the time i go inside so fk knows what it tasted like. Anything is better thwn poretti...and i generally would never touch carlsberg

I said during the summer that I would give GR 10 games to prove he can take this team forward (and I stand by that committment). But I've got a bad feeling that his reign is going to end in tears unless he takes the handbrake off at home...
If things continue as they did on Saturday If the ball keeps going backwards and we don't make enough effort to get on the front foot then I reckon he's got 3 home games before the fans start to turn. Get a result tonight and he'll buy himself an extra couple of games.

It's too early to start going Into meltdown and him and the squad need time to settle Into the swing of things so I'm not going to give them too much stick, but Neil Harris's negative anti football Is still less than a year old when you count the games we have been able to attend so It's still fresh In the memory In terms on continuity. As the football was poor when watching on telly last season I don't think people will be forgiving If we keep on refusing to attack.

If things continue as they did on Saturday If the ball keeps going backwards and we don't make enough effort to get on the front foot then I reckon he's got 3 home games before the fans start to turn. Get a result tonight and he'll buy himself an extra couple of games.

It's too early to start going Into meltdown and him and the squad need time to settle Into the swing of things so I'm not going to give them too much stick, but Neil Harris's negative anti football Is still less than a year old when you count the games we have been able to attend so It's still fresh In the memory In terms on continuity. As the football was poor when watching on telly last season I don't think people will be forgiving If we keep on refusing to attack.
To be honest I knew nothing would change with him. He is too up himself to admit he's wrong,and put it right.

Members online