Just Back v Palace on ITV

Even first half but went to our normal 2nd half more and lost due to poor poor defending , why do our defenders let attackers run into our box when you can't afford a clumsy tackle , both goal,s due to letting him get into our box and making our defender look silly and don't forget the same thing when he hit the post...gave it a goal as per normal under going 2-1 down but chances not taken esp the Smith header at the end....their Ultras as expected were absolute mongs and were to afraid to turn up in numbers., GR & Co need to work on our defending it that's his main game plan and get them to attack the attackers not running beside them doing nothing

This.

The only thing I would disagree with you about, is that you said we had a lively 5 minutes about the 70 minute mark! Felt we perked up with about 10 minutes to go, but by then it was too little, too late!

Did you not see an improvement in that last 10 minutes?
Yes but It was only an Improvement In terms of what we lacked before It. I still didn't think It felt serious.

We weren't shit but we weren't very good. The first half the team worked hard and well but the second, at no point did I feel like the team was up for It. The energy and desire wasn't there. There were no big tackles and there were too many headers and passes that had no Intent behind them. Our running off the ball seemed non existent and our desire to get forward was just as lacking.
Stompie, do you think today’s 2nd half performance was due to a lack of player fitness, that stopped them playing with the same desire and intensity they had in the 1st half, or do you think Rowett gave them instructions at HT to play as they did in the 1st half, and they just didn’t listen to him?

Either is worrying, but the 2nd scenario more so, IMO!

Stompie, do you think today’s 2nd half performance was due to a lack of player fitness, that stopped them playing with the same desire and intensity they had in the 1st half, or do you think Rowett gave them instructions at HT to play as they did in the 1st half, and they just didn’t listen to him?

Either is worrying, but the 2nd scenario more so, IMO!
Their first goal originated from Danny trying to take on an opponent and losing the ball, instead of whacking it forward which he would have done if GR had instructed them to defend and not take chances.

Too easy to blame GR!

Is it just me that thought we were pathetic today. Years ago a Palarse visit would have been welcomed with a most hostile reception on and off the pitch. Can you imagine Tommy Wilson or Hurlock let them pussy foot around us they would have been petrified at the next challenge. How times have changed. I’m glad I’ve got my memories of events years ago. Today we have become wimps.

Their first goal originated from Danny trying to take on an opponent and losing the ball, instead of whacking it forward which he would have done if GR had instructed them to defend and not take chances.

Too easy to blame GR!
Nowhere in my post was I blaming Rowett! I questioned fitness, but was mostly interested as to why, if Rowett told them to keep it tight at the start of the 2nd half, why they didn’t do that? Why did they not listen, and have they not been listening in previous games?

We couldn't keep up the energy that we had in the first half, the problem is, we shouldn't have to chase after the ball so much when you have 5 at the back and 2 centre midfielders that are 9 times out of 10 in our own half, our defense can not pass the ball, this is why we should not be playing this 5-2-3

I was dreading today based on Rowett’s defensive approach but I thought we gave a good account of ourselves despite being without both Wallaces. As soon as they went 2-1 up at least he changed it to just 4 at the back and we pressed for an equaliser that we were unlucky not to get. I thought McNamara was excellent and pleased Matt Smith got more than 3 minutes. much better than the usual boring, bottle job, defensive crap we have to put up with.

When it went 1-1 he should of done something, not just in this game but other games also, he waits to long to change things, by that time, we are behind and its little to late to do much, I thought he got the subs right today, was nice to see the change to 4-4-2, we should never be starting with 5 at the back at home, Hutch and Cooper just don't look right in it.

Cooper plays like he has 2 broken ankles, feet all over the place makes me nervous, gone from 6M player to £6

Cooper has only played a handful of games in a back 3/5 that have been good, always played quite well in a back 4

I remember when my second sprog came along in 1985, I was on exercise in Yorkshire with the army, I got taken off exercise with full camouflage paint on my face and minging combat kit on, I headed to the hospital to see the birth of my kid. I must have looked a right state because people kept edging away from me. Saw the birth at about midnight and was back on exercise at about one in the morning. That was paternity leave in those days.

People saying the atmosphere was good today, and my boy said it sounded well loud on the tv. But I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Thought it would’ve been much better, having not played these for a while. There was a few spells, and they was loud after they scored, but there was long periods where it was a bit flat. Don’t think the early kick offs help

People saying the atmosphere was good today, and my boy said it sounded well loud on the tv. But I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Thought it would’ve been much better, having not played these for a while. There was a few spells, and they was loud after they scored, but there was long periods where it was a bit flat. Don’t think the early kick offs help
By our standards average. By most others incredible

Football has changed mate.
Apathy, microphones, snide stewards, spies in the camp etc.
Oh for the old days.
NOLU.