Just Back v Hull

silverlion

Staff member
A must win game which we actually won with an improved second half performance.

It was a steady start from us with some good forward movement from Burey and Bradshaw. Both were involved in bizarre incidents in the first few minutes where the ref clearly had left his glasses in the dressing room. The first was a ball down the line which Burey ran on to and kept in play but the ref blew up for a throw to them. It was definitely still in play as it was right in front of me. A couple of minutes later was more bizarre. A good ball forward found Bradshaw and their defender going for the ball. Tom nicked it and ran unopposed to the penalty area but the ref brought it back with a free kick to us. His parentage was disputed!
As the half went on we became less joined up with passes going astray, long balls to nobody and generally untidy play. By contrast they were playing neat 15 yard triangles, holding onto possession and trying to create some threat with some success. Bart made one decent save to keep them out at his near post but that was about the extent of their threat. We had one half decent chance too. A back pass was hit short and Burey ran on to it and pushed it past their defender and into their box. Their keeper half clattered into him and some around me thought it was a pen with their keeper off for an early bath. The short sighted ref did not see it that way and the half rumbled on with them probably having the best of it.

Half time couldn’t come soon enough and GR put them straight during the break. We came out with a spring in our step and started to press forward. I though he might have taken Burey off but he stuck with the starting eleven. It was a good job he did as a sparkling run down the line set up the first goal. He cut inside two players and rolled it across the edge of the box. Billy jumped over it and it fell at Molly’s feet surprisingly.He took a heavy touch, the defender cleared it strongly but it hit Molly’s legs and cannoned into the far corner with the keeper well beaten. Suddenly we were one up with some good fortune. They came roaring back and a corner was almost forced home at the back post but we survived. And three minutes later we were two up. A punt forward by Ballard was well knocked on to Bradshaw by Benik who took it in his stride and stroked it home from 25 yards over the keeper’s outstretched hand. We were well in control. Then came our second bit of good fortune. Molly was crocked and replaced by Hutch who immediately took the armband and control. We pressed forward and a good spell of play saw Burey hit the bar and some good forward movement from Saville and Benik. Burke replaced Burey with 15 to go.They huffed and puffed and got a goal with three to go. There was some hit and miss in our box and their Eaves forced it home. GR pushed the hold button and sent on Leonard on for Benik and we saw out the added time with no drama. Rockin’ All Over the World rang out loud and proud

Bart made a good save in the first half and got a yellow card for some handbags when they scored. Danny played well and Ballard and Cooper looked solid. Murray was Mr Dependable at left back. Billy ran hard alongside a busy Sav and Molly played well wide left. Burey had a poor first half but played better second half. Benik played well with a few tricks and partnered Bradshaw well. Tom had a busy game when he was good with and without the ball and was a real pest to their defence. He took his goal well and was my MOM. Hutch was a rock when he came on Burke ran hard when he replaced Burey and Leonard hard had time to break sweat apart from a good run down the left late on.

So three points, a decent second half display and seventh on goal difference behind the Blades who are 0-0 at Bristol City as I write this. The dream is still alive as we plan to met Lord Bowyer next week. COYL.

A must win game which we actually won with an improved second half performance.

It was a steady start from us with some good forward movement from Burey and Bradshaw. Both were involved in bizarre incidents in the first few minutes where the ref clearly had left his glasses in the dressing room. The first was a ball down the line which Burey ran on to and kept in play but the ref blew up for a throw to them. It was definitely still in play as it was right in front of me.

Same thing in second half and that was right in front of me
A couple of minutes later was more bizarre. A good ball forward found Bradshaw and their defender going for the ball. Tom nicked it and ran unopposed to the penalty area but the ref brought it back with a free kick to us. His parentage was disputed!

So was his ability as a referee

Cheers silver. Great second half from the Wall'.
Great play from Burey sitting in behind Bradshaw and Afobe. Lucky goal and a quality goal, should have been more. Coyl!

Thanks for your Just Back silverlion. I am a massive fan of Murray Wallace but thought he had a shocker. I think he must have put his boots on the wrong feet !

Thanks Silver thought Saville, Burey and Malone were terrible in the first half, much improved second half and with good contributions and Malone with just what we need and never normally get, some luck/fluke of a goal.

Get a result at Birmingham and they best think about giving us the lower tier on the North Stand as the demand for tickets will be massive.

COYL

Thanks Silver thought Saville, Burey and Malone were terrible in the first half, much improved second half and with good contributions and Malone with just what we need and never normally get, some luck/fluke of a goal.

Get a result at Birmingham and they best think about giving us the lower tier on the North Stand as the demand for tickets will be massive.

COYL
Agree with you and so would everyone around me. Those 3 bought nothing to the party in the first half..

Cheers Silver. First half was shocking but for 40 minutes in the second half we were superb. Burey tore them a new one time after time, Afobe was great and Bradshaw superb. Defensively we were in control. Very good, professional performance. Wemberlee...

Bear with me here, Sheff Utd’s point tonight is immaterial. We need to win all three period & if the blades had lost tonight but won their last three they would have pipped us on goal difference. However, if we win our last three and they win two and draw one then we would finish a point above them so the point they got tonight is irrelevant (same thing with Boro as well really)