Just Back v Fulham

Outclassed by a team that on this display should romp this division how they only scored 2 is a mystery to me and probably them. Didn’t think Bart should have been beaten at the near post but don’t think it would have made much difference to final result.

Watched the high lights on the OS. It didn’t make comfortable viewing. Romeo was caught well out of position for the first run. Dutch’s little legs didn’t carry him fast enough to stop the run and Murray should have been tighter to Mitrovitch to stop him shooting. Bart stood little chance. There was too much freedom for the runner in midfield to pick his pass. Again Murray was caught flat footed with the attacker on his shoulder and maybe Bart could have done better at his near post. After that they controlled the game with pace, touch and accuracy and we really had no answer. Our goal was fortunate when Smith’s header hit Benik and wrong footed their keeper. We huffed and puffed a lot but couldn’t find a way of scoring a second. The spirit was good and lesser teams might have crumbled. They are not a lesser team and they will take a lot of stopping. Fortunately we will only have to play them once more this season!
Cardiff will be a different proposition on Saturday and we will need a reaction from our squad.

Agree with Whisky re goalkeeping. Poor.
Also that was not the attitude I expect from a 'Wall team. They were beaten before they left the dressing room. Fulham are a good side but NOT THAT bloody good.
Exactly!

Opponents are only as good as you allow them to be!

If we hadn’t been in awe of them before the first ball was kicked, we might have stood a chance of going toe to toe with them!

We did it against Norwich last season and hung on for 0 - 0, and they were the best side in the Championship last season!

We should play our game and let the opposition worry about us, instead of it being the other way round!

Smith coming on nearly changed the game BUT his first header should have been on target and his header for the goal was “somewhat misdirected” and the goal was a total fluke.
P.s. If Fulham weren’t that good then that makes us even more shit I suppose

Watched the high lights on the OS. It didn’t make comfortable viewing. Romeo was caught well out of position for the first run. Dutch’s little legs didn’t carry him fast enough to stop the run and Murray should have been tighter to Mitrovitch to stop him shooting. Bart stood little chance. There was too much freedom for the runner in midfield to pick his pass. Again Murray was caught flat footed with the attacker on his shoulder and maybe Bart could have done better at his near post. After that they controlled the game with pace, touch and accuracy and we really had no answer. Our goal was fortunate when Smith’s header hit Benik and wrong footed their keeper. We huffed and puffed a lot but couldn’t find a way of scoring a second. The spirit was good and lesser teams might have crumbled. They are not a lesser team and they will take a lot of stopping. Fortunately we will only have to play them once more this season!
Cardiff will be a different proposition on Saturday and we will need a reaction from our squad.
Really can't agree regarding Bart, Silver. Sorry.

He had every chance: it was his near post....TWICE!!!!

To paraphrase the manager of Bracknell Town: "Once may be regarded as misfortune; twice looks like carelessness..."

Very poor keeping.

Very lucky not to concede several, being 2 down in the first few minutes knocked our confidence, misplaced passes didn’t help and it was a hard watch. It’s interesting to read other comments and how some praise certain players and others think they were shocking. It’s all about opinions, and there like arseholes we’ve all got one. For me there were few who emerge with any praise, Benik, Ballard and Kief never stopped trying. Another tough game on Saturday.

To paraphrase the manager of Bracknell Town: "Once may be regarded as misfortune; twice looks like carelessness..."

Very poor keeping.
Didn’t know Oscar Wilde was the manager of Bracknell Town, Whisky? 🤣

Very poor keeping.
Think you're being harsh on Bart, especially for the 1st goal that was blasted from 6 yards and, may've taken a slight deflection. Even you in your prime at Silly Mid-On would have struggled to react to get a hand to a ball moving that fast! ;)

Think you're being harsh on Bart, especially for the 1st goal that was blasted from 6 yards and, may've taken a slight deflection. Even you in your prime at Silly Mid-On would have struggled to react to get a hand to a ball moving that fast! ;)
A cricket ball, maybe. A bloody great football...?

Our goal actually gave me a laugh. I don't think afobi new what happened. Just smacked him on the forehead and bounced over the keeper. Still at least he was in the right place.

Cheers as always Silver , Bart has gone downhill fast imo , last two seasons most goals you say Bart had no chance but my confidence in him is slowly fading , his kicking is terrible too . Ballard will be a star , Jed ,as much as we need him I would like to see us find a different way of involving him even leave him on the bench at times , Afobe I like his attitude and hope that fluke that got him off the mark will lead to more goals but GR also needs to make us more attack minded esp when we go one up , Romeo can fk off danny is class and will only get better ,Mitchell for some insane reason is behind the midfield that has more experience but less skill and passion than him , we may stay up comfortably but another boring season is on the cards