Just Back v Forest

As we all said on here this squad was going to be tested over christmas and new year until the transfer window opened. Play off chasing teams like Boro and Forest already made signings we have not. Qpr can bring Charlie Austin off the bench to win a game yesterday we have Smith Bod then a fifteen year old school kid as our back up dtrikers

I thought we played really well. Should have scored when we was on top. Injuries killed us and we didn’t deserve to lose.

How worried is everyone else right now about next season? If this is another serious injury for Bradshaw he’s finished. Jed isn’t signing a new contract clearly. Ojo and Afobe loans expire. We have scored 27 goals and have hardly any attacking players contracted to the club going into next season. It’s gonna be like that season we went down with Ben May up front.

This was not the first time Malone has thrown the ball to the oppo, what was he thinking ? i understand footballers dont have much up top but you cannot take it upon yourself to go against team orders at this level of the game, he has been exposed countless times this season and the Palace game highlighted how poor he is at this level.

Recently we were starting to play with a bit more confidence while attacking due to the form of Bradshaw, what Malone did yesterday will have knocked the confidence of the team.

He had only Afobe ahead of him who was well marked by the defender, Rowett had been screaming at the players to take their time so not his fault.

Malone is a liability who thinks he is far better than in reality, leaves Murray exposed on numerous occasions and cannot defend.

We are a better team without Jed and Malone

Needs dropping for a few games
Very easy to blame Malone, who I thought played really well in the first half, but if Afobe had tucked away his chance, Malone wouldn’t have rushed the throw and we probably would have won 🤔.

Malone cost us 1 point and Afobe 3 points 🤦‍♂️!

Very easy to blame Malone, who I thought played really well in the first half, but if Afobe had tucked away his chance, Malone wouldn’t have rushed the throw and we probably would have won 🤔.

Afobe‘s miss was unforgivable, especially at that point in the game.

I thought we played really well. Should have scored when we was on top. Injuries killed us and we didn’t deserve to lose.

How worried is everyone else right now about next season? If this is another serious injury for Bradshaw he’s finished. Jed isn’t signing a new contract clearly. Ojo and Afobe loans expire. We have scored 27 goals and have hardly any attacking players contracted to the club going into next season. It’s gonna be like that season we went down with Ben May up front.
That's the thing, how many times do we say that "Should have scored when we was on top". The story of the last couple of seasons.

Sadly Benik is not the long term answer for us, just not clinical enough. With Bradshaw now a doubt too the club has a severe issue up top.
I've made this point before, however it's worth reiterating. We have to trade our assets. We have to sell our players when their value is at its peak and then reinvest that money in more assets, that we can develop and so it should go on.
To allow Jed Wallace to run his contract down is a scandal for a club of Millwalls limited means.

I really don’t think this wingback lark is helping. Its knackering for whoever plays there and is probably why we tail off second half, it leaves huge gaps in the wide areas behind them when they go forward, its too slow to counter attack as we have to wait for them to finish defending and catch up with play and when we do go forward they are isolated until a centre back like Wallace of Hutch can get up the pitch with them, the opposition simply doubles up on them quickly to neutralise them when they venture forward. How much longer will it take for Rowett to realise 5 at the back does not help.

To allow Jed Wallace to run his contract down is a scandal for a club of Millwalls limited means.
Agreed and now our board have the front to start playing hardball and rejecting offers ( if true), The player clearly wants out, he isn't going to play for us again so take what's on offer and wipe our mouth of it.

Last edited:

Strikers miss chances, at least he was in the right place at the right time.

What Malone did cost us the game and he had done the same thing twice before, luckily we were not punished but you cannot keep making mistakes at this level.

What Malone did cost us the game and he had done the same thing twice before, luckily we were not punished but you cannot keep making mistakes at this level.
Nor continue to miss chances. Goals win matches and lack of them has cost us dearly this season, much more than goals conceded 🤔

I really don’t think this wingback lark is helping. Its knackering for whoever plays there and is probably why we tail off second half, it leaves huge gaps in the wide areas behind them when they go forward, its too slow to counter attack as we have to wait for them to finish defending and catch up with play and when we do go forward they are isolated until a centre back like Wallace of Hutch can get up the pitch with them, the opposition simply doubles up on them quickly to neutralise them when they venture forward. How much longer will it take for Rowett to realise 5 at the back does not help.
The last 2 lines, forever, its in his DNA.

GR went 5 at back soon after he joined because he felt defence was too leaky. However, this season we‘ve had only 5 clean sheets so the reason for 5 at back is not working. Think 4 at back and 3 in midfield, where we have been typically overrun, would seem a way to improve our defence

Problem is do we have an alternative if we drop Malone?