Just Back v Dartford

silverlion

Staff member
A reasonable but patchy performance against a poor opposition.

We started quite brightly with Benik looking lively, Danny looking his normal self and Cresswell looking aggressive and focused. We moved the ball quite well and it didn’t take too long before we got on top. Bradshaw and Benik combined well at times and a good break into their box saw Burey with half a chance which broke off a defender into Benik’s path and he tucked it away for 1-0. I did think that there was going to be an onslaught on their goal but it never really developed that way. There were chances. Burey had a glorious chance down the middle but he never made the best of it and he and Bradshaw got in each other’s way for a chance to go begging. We looked defensively sound and I don’t think Bart had a save to make in the first 45.
Second half they changed their right back but we pressed a little harder and had more of the ball. It just seemed a matter of time but it never quite worked out that way. We had a better chance to see the work of Topalloj and Honeyman but neither set the world on fire. Burey scored a worldly with a great strike 25 yards out which curled into the corner. One of their attackers got a bash on the head and was replaced and their busy midfielder was replaced with ten to go. We brought on Boateng near the death and took off Topalloj and went four at the back. We looked more threatening but could not turn our chances into further goals.

Bart had little to do apart from one regulation low save. Danny looked solid and attack minded and had a decent game. Cooper and Murray were just solid and dependable but MOM was Cresswell who had a very solid game and caught the eye. Topalloj did not look out of place.Billy was busy but the ball ran away from him more than he wanted. Honeyman had a better second half and was OK but nothing really special. Burey was good in parts and scored a great goal. Benik was lively, scored a good goal and was often a threat. Bradshaw tried hard, should have scored a hat trick but the ball did not fall kindly for him. Boateng hardly had chance to break sweat.

A decent win but against poor opposition we should have scored more. Colchester on Friday will be a sterner test.

Thanks Silver, I got there late and the steward told me it was Sold Out! Anyway I managed to walk round the ground and pay at another entrance.
I though Dartford had far too much of the ball either side of half time but we finished the game well. Surprised you didn’t mention the two “pitch invasions” when the 15 year old kids shit themselves. Must kick right off when they play Welling

I'm old enough to discount pre-season games and their performances and results.

I have no doubt that come the first game proper, we will be ready. Everything beforehand - be it training or friendlies - is all geared towards that.
Need to avoid injuries that’s all

Apparently Flemming didn’t feature because his work permit hasn’t been sorted yet, so he can’t play in front of a paying crowd

Thanks Silver. Basically as I saw it. A training and fitness exercise. New players and existing players there to see how each other play. Their strengths and weaknesses. The result was immaterial though the second was already a.contender for Goal of the Season. We need a playmaker.behind Bradshaw and Abojo as both out and out goalscorers and need someone to hold up and players.ball through to them.

Thanks Silver. Basically as I saw it. A training and fitness exercise. New players and existing players there to see how each other play. Their strengths and weaknesses. The result was immaterial though the second was already a.contender for Goal of the Season. We need a playmaker.behind Bradshaw and Abojo as both out and out goalscorers and need someone to hold up and players.ball through to them.
Huge amount of grammatical, spelling and factual inaccuracies in this post, however I think most will have got the basic message.

I did notice that Burey was playing alot of yesterdays game just behind the front 2 in a central position, unsure if that will position will work for him or not though.

I did notice that Burey was playing alot of yesterdays game just behind the front 2 in a central position, unsure if that will position will work for him or not though.
For me, he's best coming in off the left. He causes carnage.

Thought Topalloj was top class got pace and clever on the ball where i was sitting every one was saying the same Kenny Jacket was sitting a few seats away from us and left after Topalloj came off Just saying !