Just Back v Brum

A decent performance against a side that hardly turned up and a valuable three points.

We were very bright from the start. There was some good movement down the left with some positive play from Molly and Murray and some equally impressive play down the right from Jed and Danny. We got into our stride early on and Billy looked lively and Evans looked a lot better that he has done of late. They were pressed back and you could sense a goal was coming and it duly arrived with less than ten on the clock. Our pressing yielded a corner on the right which Molly played in a little short for Evans to guide goalwards. it was half dealt with but still bobbled about before it fell to Murray ten yards out. He couldn’t miss. We were buoyant and looked a real threat going forward. We looked dangerous pressing forward and they were struggling to get out and press forward with any threat. Inevitably they redoubled their efforts and came back into it for fifteen minutes or so. They never produced a real goal threat but they were trying a little harder with no end product. With five to go we went for the jugular. A decent corner was delivered and it went over their defender and onto Bradshaw’s head and he couldn’t miss. Two up at the break we were in dreamland. They had little answer and looked a sorry bunch as they went off for a roasting by Lord Bowyer.

Things had to change for them and they duly did. They took off Vela and brought on Jukewitz and looked more of a threat. Deeney went deeper, almost into a ten and they had more threat. We were not threatened and kept pushing forward with purpose but they tried just a little harder. They got their reward after ten minutes with some good interplay in the middle which set Deeney free in our box. He made no mistake from 15 yards and they thought they were back in it. Bowyer was going apoplectic in his technical area and he got short shrift from all around me In Block 29. We continued to dominate play and scored again afte ten minutes. A good ball across their box was hooked goalwards and Bradshaw stretched his neck to nod it home. Sadly the flag went up and the goal was ruled offside. That took the wind out of their sails and we pressed home our advantage. A decent interplay on the right set Danny free. He cut it back and there was Evans to slot it home for 3-1. They were done for and they knew it. They had a couple of subs to try and pull it round but we took off Jed and put on Dutch which signalled that we were going to hold on to what we had. Pearce came on and we went to a five at the back with Molly coming off. Then Bradshaw came off and Bennett went on. They pressed hard, had a half decent chance in added time but Bart pulled off a smart save to deny them a second.

He played well and honestly had little to do. Danny was lively, Hutch was solid, Cooper was likewise and Murray was Mr Dependable. Molly had some moments, Billy was everywhere and a real threat, Evans had one of his better games and a decent goal and Jed stuck on the right and played well. Benik had some moments but MOM was Bradshaw who was busy, always a threat and took his goal well. Dutch was solid in the tackle, Pearce helped bottle it up and Bennett hardly broke sweat in his five minute cameo.
The game was no classic but it had exciting moments, three decent goals and a dominant performance. GR has his critics but few could have walked away without feeling good about today’s game. Up to eighth, three points off the playoffs and looking comfortable. Even my Brummie mate, who sat on his hands for ninety minutes had to admit that the Blues were second best for most of the ninety minutes. Lord Bowyer hoped for more but he got pilloried for most of the game and went away pointless, with his tail between his legs. It couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke!
Great report Silver, as per

Agreed. I had a shufti at a couple of their forums after the game and they're none to pleased with the way they're playing and attitude of the players
I did the same - and was a bit narked that they didn’t mention how well we tore their players a new one!

Harris Hoof Ball is unfortunately gonna stick long in the memories of opposing fans! Annoying really, because I think any neutral watching that game yesterday would have seen an exciting game of good, attacking football!

To be fair he's said before how he respects the support we give....not the most loved player but let's give credit where due
sounds not a big deal, but i don't think i have ever seen an opposing player applaud our fans on teh way off the pitch in all my 35 years of following them. it was at the end, he was looking at the west lower and upper and applauding, makign eye contact with people in teh stand etc, and then when he walked into the tunnel he gave a look up again and winked.

prob the little boy thing, might have been an emotional for him. certainly was for me reading about the case.

maybe also nearing the end of his career he appreciates a highly partisan, real atmosphere. a bit of a wind up merchant like that probably loves it and sees the value in it.

I’ve met him once and he was nothing but a gentleman.

I know that won’t sit right with some on here who have some preconceived opinions about him but I take people as I find them and he was spot on.

He comes across alright I find. You can tell he would of been a bit of a prick as a youngster, but as a man now in his mid thirties he shows maturity and is quite measured.

Deeney was always what I would consider a Millwall player. Past it now, but he used to be a real handful. Strong, quick, quality finisher who was bullish and had attitude.

You're probably right for PL level but, his movement, clever one two and accurately leathering the ball for his goal, made him look good enough for Championship level.

I wouldn't mind him playing for us down The Den.
:grinning:

I’ve met him once and he was nothing but a gentleman.

I know that won’t sit right with some on her who have some preconceived opinions about him but I take people as I find them and he was spot on.
Well said mate 👍

Shame we didn’t hit 6 - Adobe should have put that one away; Bradders unlucky with his rocket and Molly should have buried Jed’s parried shot.
Many here have complained about our corners yet t Murray’s goal come from a very well worked corner. That was down to AB as Rowett was straight up to congratulate him and you could see it was a training ground set piece 👍😉

You can't say fairer than that really. He is too experienced to be put off by our banter, but he respects our right to try.
Far better than those snowflakes who come down the Den and the moment they get a bit of stick they can't handle cry racist to deflect from their own inadequacies.

I say well done Troy. You are welcome down the Den any time.

You can't say fairer than that really. He is too experienced to be put off by our banter, but he respects our right to try.
Far better than those snowflakes who come down the Den and the moment they get a bit of stick they can't handle cry racist to deflect from their own inadequacies.

I say well done Troy. You are welcome down the Den any time.
Absolutely bang on BP 👍

When we played….and beat…Watford in the cup a few years ago he played upfront for them. Close to the death he was ten yards out and about to pull the trigger when Webster just took it off his toe. After the final whistle the camera was on him as he had missed a golden chance to equalise. You could read his lips as he said “Well played”. As BP said, you can’t get fairer than that. Always welcome at the Den….as long as he on the losing side!

When we played….and beat…Watford in the cup a few years ago he played upfront for them. Close to the death he was ten yards out and about to pull the trigger when Webster just took it off his toe. After the final whistle the camera was on him as he had missed a golden chance to equalise. You could read his lips as he said “Well played”. As BP said, you can’t get fairer than that. Always welcome at the Den….as long as he on the losing side!
I am sure he said something to Bradshaw after his goal, as they were lining up to kick off again.