Just Back v Boro on iFlop

Just watched the extended highlights and it shows what a decent game it was to watch. There was lots of attacking intent with end to end play which we edged over the ninety minutes. There were some impressive displays which bode well for next season. Mitchell was really hungry and, although he faded a little in the second half, it was an excellent game for him. The build up to our goal was inspired by his good play. A great piece of defensive work to just get in front of their midfielder to win the ball and then a good pass to Jed to set the goal up. Jed’s driven cross from the byline would have been tapped in by Bennett if their defender had not got in the way and put it into his own net. Jed had clearly had three Shredded Wheat for breakfast as he never stopped running. Danny was impressive full of drive, anticipation and energy. I really should have said that he hit his shot across the keeper rather than he crossed the ball in my Just Back. I write it from memory and I just got that bit wrong!
Finally, some honourable mentions to Hutch and Murray who were rocks at the back and also to Evans for some timely challenges.

The game also highlighted that despite spending shed loads on forward players they really didn’t quite have that edge in front of goal. Bart made a couple of decent saves but there was nothing he did that was exceptional. It will be good to see how we fare after the international break when we have nearly everybody back from injury.

I really should have said that he hit his shot across the keeper rather than he crossed the ball in my Just Back. I write it from memory and I just got that bit wrong!
Your forgiven ,I struggle to remember the scoreline 30 min after the game so fair play to you for recalling so much :grinning:

Members online