Just Back v Blackpool on MTV

silverlion

Staff member
A much much better performance and a deserved three points.

We started well with a good press all over the field. The message had clearly been given that we had to get our foot in early, keep up the press, do not allow them space and get the ball forward quickly. We looked sharp down the left, Honeyman looked good on the ball and it was he that created the first chance for Flem down the left but his shot was easily saved. We continued with some good movement and some good joined up football and fluent move involving Benik,Mitchell and Molly ended up with a corner on our left. Molly took it, swung it over to the far post and Flem directed it goalwards, the keeper half got a hand to it and the ref signalled a goal so we were one up. We did not sit back on our laurels and continued to press forward. They were trying to get back into it and their Corbeneau looked a threat every time he got the ball on the right. Murray hit a peach of a ball down the left and Billy took it on to the byline but just failed at the end to get it across. Then they hit back. A good passing move down their left saw their Yates with space in the box. Their Patino took a short pass and smashed it home and although Long got a hand to it he couldn’t keep it out.
We continued to press. There was a decent Molly cross, a Shack header and a shot curled by Flem that went wide. And the half finished evens.

We started the second half well and a good ball down the line to Flem came to nothing. Another good move found Flem in space and his shot went for a corner. Another good move forward found Benik but his effort went for a corner. Honeyman took it but it was a shocker and didn’t beat the first man. Molly was looking a threat down the left and his decent cross was well caught by the keeper. Another good move forward gained a free kick which fell to Flem and his well struck shot hit the post. A good ball forward was up to Benik who turned his man and gained a corner which came to nothing. Then came the move of the match. A good cross from Molly fell to Honeyman who shot, it was blocked but fell to Benik ten yards out and he buried it for 2-1. We continued to press and a break from Molly ended with his shot well saved by the keeper. Then Flem had a shot which was well saved. It was time for fresh legs and Danny came on for Honeyman with Shack moving into the middle. A hopeful clearance found Benik battling with their defender, he won the battle, fed Danny and his cross was just too high for Styles. At the death Bradshaw came on for a cream crackered Flem who got a standing ovation and we saw out the four added minutes with no drama.

Long looked good on his league debut, had little to do except pick the ball out of the back of the net for their equaliser. Shack looked solid as did Ccoper and Murray and Cresswell made an outstanding interception in the second half which could have been a game changer. Molly looked good on the left, was always available for the cross field pass and hit some decent crosses and corners. Honeyman was very busy and got his foot in well but Billy edged MOM with an all action display in the middle. His performance was almost matched by Flem who showed some great touches and some real promise. Styles looked comfortable in the middle and Benik had some good touches and scored a good goal to seal the match. Danny looked good when he came on and Bradshaw added a bit of energy in his five minute cameo.

All in all a decent performance with some good pressing and two good goals and three valuable points. We are 13th as I write this and I hope this stops the rot and takes the heat off GR…..until after the international break!

The streaming worked a treat and I shouted and yelled like I was there. The ref looked a plonker with a hair band, or was it a fancy microphone attachment? Whatever he did look an odd bod!

Referee was awful again today. Fucking awful. Looking forward to seeing Beniks penalty shout later. Could see he’s shirt being pulled clearly from CBL, wasn’t sure if it was in or outside the box.

It was a really hard watch in the first half and it wasn’t a great performance but what impressed me the most was actually scoring the second when we was on top. We had a really really good 10 minute spell that the goal came in. I don’t think anyone played poorly, formation change (4-3-1-2) it looked like to me. Second half was a lot better.

Billy Mitchell was absolutely outstanding today and my MOM. The Murray Wallace tackle in the last couple of minutes was a match winning moment. I know I'm a Flemming fanboy, but he really is a class act. That was definitely his goal and I hope it is changed. He also showed some real aggression a couple of times today and that shows his attitude is top fucking drawer.

Billy Mitchell was absolutely outstanding today and my MOM. The Murray Wallace tackle in the last couple of minutes was a match winning moment. I know I'm a Flemming fanboy, but he really is a class act. That was definitely his goal and I hope it is changed. He also showed some real aggression a couple of times today and that shows his attitude is top fucking drawer.
I hope it gets reversed to Robbo, had him to score in a bet builder on 365.
Flemming to score the only part that let me down, not for a fortune it must be said.
Only a £2 stake for 58 sheets.

Attachments

• DDCBDDDF-ACC1-4483-B47A-6989749C4E40.jpeg
    DDCBDDDF-ACC1-4483-B47A-6989749C4E40.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks silver. Not going to be able to get to the den, or even watch the streams, until after my trip to Thailand in October/November as working every day until I go (to pay for the fucking thing 😆) so these write ups are much appreciated 🙏🏼
Poor excuse Wippa. 😉😂

Thanks Silver. As usual appreciated. Thought it was an improvement on Wednesday but that wouldn't have been difficult. More use of the flanks and seemed to be less 'tip'tappy'.

Referee was awful again today. Fucking awful. Looking forward to seeing Beniks penalty shout later. Could see he’s shirt being pulled clearly from CBL, wasn’t sure if it was in or outside the box.

It was a really hard watch in the first half and it wasn’t a great performance but what impressed me the most was actually scoring the second when we was on top. We had a really really good 10 minute spell that the goal came in. I don’t think anyone played poorly, formation change (4-3-1-2) it looked like to me. Second half was a lot better.
That 23 was practically having sex with benik at corners.

Un-happy Happylion. Was in a bar around midight. Boro v rotherhsm on the tv. It was crap. Waited paitiently for the game to end and the EFL higjlights. Bastard manger turned it to MTV when the match ended. FFS.

Just watched the highlights on MTV and there was much to be pleased about yesterday. There was much more forward play, some decent joined up football and a couple of decent goals. Flem looks the part and on another day he could have had a hat trick. Apart from the goal he did score he had a near post effort with a lovely turn in the box which hit the post and a lovely curling shot which just went wide of the far post. He will score a hatful for us during the season.
They were poor and my mate said afterwards the difference between yesterday and Wednesday was the quality or lack of it between the two teams. Their Chair and Willock had the edge and their quality shone through. Having beaten us they then only managed a 0-0 against Stoke!
These are small steps and you have to start somewhere. Let’s hope this can be the start of a run.

Sections of the crowd started booing Billy yesterday after they scored, Clueless cunts.