Just back ( short version)

Phlion54

No Mitchell in the starting line but Hutch started , Not the greatest of games by us im afraid considering how important it was,a scrappy first half with half chances at both ends, second half started with our usual slow start and after a succession of bad passing / clearences they scored from just inside the box , our passing again at times was woeful and too many high hapless balls that turned into nothing, then a really good on the floor passing move resulted in a tap in for us and it's 1-1....Both teams huffed & puffed and what looked like an very harse decision they were gifted a penalty from the ref , Taylor in his normal style walked up and scored & we all thought that was it , then to everyone surprise 6 minutes of injury time went up and it was game on.Cooper went up front and the pattern was set, we put them under pressure and all the stall tactics were being employed, then from a corner Cooper was surrounded by 3 of their players and was pulled down yet again and in the last minute gave us a penalty...afumble walked up and scored, we still had one more chance but the final whistle was blown......the millwall fans outsang & out fought the brummies before & after the match and the dream is just about still on, lots of average performances today that cost us any chance of a win an improvement needed in the last 2 games....but to keep the season going going to the last 2 games is a credit to all the players. Coyl

Thanks Phlion & thank you for your amazing away support all season (& to all your fellow regular travelers) :clap:
The most I ever managed was 38 games on the trot, but seriously, I can’t afford another divorce!

Thanks P54 for your thoughts which echo those of my my mate who was there. He said we were poor at times it was ugly at the end.

Thanks Phlion & thank you for your amazing away support all season (& to all your fellow regular travelers) :clap:
The most I ever managed was 38 games on the trot, but seriously, I can’t afford another divorce!
I know it's hard to go to every away game nowadays but being retired and an understanding / suffering wife I've managed with the help of the grandsons to miss just 1 away game in 8 years....it's a marriage of a different sort and 1 that's hard to give up

Thanks P54 for your thoughts which echo those of my my mate who was there. He said we were poor at times it was ugly at the end.
thanks Silverlion , your reports put mine to shame but they are just a quick insight by me for those who cannot go .

Not a great game but dug out a result of sorts. Bennett provided the spark that was needed. Thought we looked nervous at times - in particular, Ballard. Wind didn't help especially as the ball spent a long time in the air. Think Saville started and stayed on despite the early yellow as, without Jed and Malone, he was the only one to take corners, free kicks close to goal etc. Surprised someone like Burke who has played most of his career as a winger couldn't deliver a cross.