Just back (short version)

Phlion54

After a traffic jam filled journey we were treated to one of the worst millwall displays this season, not one attacking midfielder really in the team with a fumble & Bennett up front, tbese again were an average side but can't say we really troubled them until the last 15 minutes when the young lad Tyler came on , gr left it too late again ....our passing was dire with more going sidewards & back then forward and when they did most were hopeless punts never finding our forwards?...only players to get any credit were Danny Mac ,Bart & young Tyler who made our best chances.....Malone ,Evans just not good enough...no idea ,no shots ,no points...again
Well done to the 900 + who turned up

Last edited:
After a traffic jam filled journey we were treated to one of the worst millwall displays this season, not one attacking midfielder really in the team with a fumble & Bennett up front, tbese again were an average side but can't say we really troubled them until the last 15 minutes when the young lad Tyler came on , gr left it too late again ....our passing was dire with more go I g stewards & back then forward and when they did most were hopeless punts never finding our forwards?...only players to get any credit were Danny Mac ,Bart & young Tyler who made our best chances.....Malone ,Evans just not good enough...no idea ,no shots ,no points...again
Well done to all of you that travelled phlion54.
That couldn’t have been an easy watch.

Thanks P54 for your take on the game. With thanks to Peckham for his link on here I was able to watch most of the second half, when it didn’t crash out on me. There was little to commend our football. I lost count of the number of times we had the ball and gave it away cheaply. Consequently it kept coming back at us and it seemed only a matter of time before we conceded. Danny was just beaten for pace on their left, a cross into the box, a shot parried by Bart and their Lavery turned and fired it home from twelve yards. It was all very disappointing Bennett and Evans were replaced by Burke and Burey and suddenly we have more urgency in our play. Tyler looked a real threat and had our only meaningful shot which the keeper turned away well.
Fat Dan described the performance as truly horrendous and Zach and TT looked thoroughly miserable driving down the M6 giving their thoughts on the game on the Drive Home. TT said it was a s”””show and absolute rubbish.
There is no question that we are at a very low ebb and we had a patched up team and disjointed squad. There will need to be changes not only in team selection but also in attitude before next Saturday or there will be lots of calls for GR’s head. The only two to emerge with any credit yesterday were Bart and Billy. The rest were average at best and some were not even that good. Next week will be a true test of GR’s motivational skills.

After a traffic jam filled journey we were treated to one of the worst millwall displays this season, not one attacking midfielder really in the team with a fumble & Bennett up front, tbese again were an average side but can't say we really troubled them until the last 15 minutes when the young lad Tyler came on , gr left it too late again ....our passing was dire with more go I g stewards & back then forward and when they did most were hopeless punts never finding our forwards?...only players to get any credit were Danny Mac ,Bart & young Tyler who made our best chances.....Malone ,Evans just not good enough...no idea ,no shots ,no points...again
Don’t know if it was predictive text or you but “a fumble” up front is brilliant 😂

A truly awful away day that was. Only Bart and Burey come out of it with any credit. Their goal was so basic , with Danny getting skinned by their left winger when a good strong tackle was needed. Unfortunately this result was what I expected. We need to get a few points from somewhere, but I’m not sure where at the moment.

Rowett says we “need a spark”. More like a bloody flame thrower. Every week we set up with too many defensive players on the pitch, it must be as depressingly boring for the players as is it for us. Would imagine the players we loan out would rather stay where they are than come back to this lark. No doubt Burey will have the life sucked out of him over the next few weeks by the most negative Manager I’ve seen at Wall.

After a traffic jam filled journey we were treated to one of the worst millwall displays this season, not one attacking midfielder really in the team with a fumble & Bennett up front, tbese again were an average side but can't say we really troubled them until the last 15 minutes when the young lad Tyler came on , gr left it too late again ....our passing was dire with more going sidewards & back then forward and when they did most were hopeless punts never finding our forwards?...only players to get any credit were Danny Mac ,Bart & young Tyler who made our best chances.....Malone ,Evans just not good enough...no idea ,no shots ,no points...again
Thank you for your report. Good for you and all the other Lions who made the journey.
I did not get an opportunity to listen to or see any of the game . I gather from yourself and others it was a woeful display.
Will GR be able to find a way with the limited resources and his defensive mind set , to inspire the team into winning ways ?
Only time will tell.

Thanks P54 for your take on the game. With thanks to Peckham for his link on here I was able to watch most of the second half, when it didn’t crash out on me. There was little to commend our football. I lost count of the number of times we had the ball and gave it away cheaply. Consequently it kept coming back at us and it seemed only a matter of time before we conceded. Danny was just beaten for pace on their left, a cross into the box, a shot parried by Bart and their Lavery turned and fired it home from twelve yards. It was all very disappointing Bennett and Evans were replaced by Burke and Burey and suddenly we have more urgency in our play. Tyler looked a real threat and had our only meaningful shot which the keeper turned away well.
Fat Dan described the performance as truly horrendous and Zach and TT looked thoroughly miserable driving down the M6 giving their thoughts on the game on the Drive Home. TT said it was a s”””show and absolute rubbish.
There is no question that we are at a very low ebb and we had a patched up team and disjointed squad. There will need to be changes not only in team selection but also in attitude before next Saturday or there will be lots of calls for GR’s head. The only two to emerge with any credit yesterday were Bart and Billy. The rest were average at best and some were not even that good. Next week will be a true test of GR’s motivational skills.
Thank you Silver.
It is painful to read. Can only imagine how hard it must of been for those who sat in the cold watching.

Last edited:
Thanks for the round up from P54 and Silver...
Very depressing.

Hats off to those who made the Journey.
Blackpool is a horrible place on the best of days. Yesterday must have been a proper nightmare up there.
🤣
i went in the end and felt like jumping of the pier,horrible football,place. i was suppose to make a weekend of it with some family but was on the train back to london straight after the game..................gr winds me up

There is no question that we are at a very low ebb and we had a patched up team and disjointed squad.
So are Derby. They have been docked a total of 21 points, are playing with a fair few youth players (as they are not allowed at the moment to sign any players), and they also have to contend with not knowing if the club will be liquidated at the beginning of February!

Despite all that, the players have kept their heads up, won a few games in recent weeks, and are now, with 19 games left, only 8 points away from securing Championship football next season!

So what’s Rowett’s excuse again?

Thank you for the reports lads. Much appreciated. Watched the game, and both of your posts summed the performance up perfectly - unfortunately.
Can't begin to imagine how fed up those who travelled must have felt, but each and every one of the supporters are worthy of more praise than the flipping team.

Thanks for the reports P54 and Silver.
I think we might as well play a few of the youngsters because some of the experienced players are not performing.
Give them the game time now to prepare for next season. They will want to impress and will be eager to show what they can do. If we have a few bad results then so be it. They will at least have a bit of fire in their bellies, that some are not showing at the moment.

I fully appreciate we have a shortage of players up front due to injuries and departures, but have we ever looked as toothless as Saturday? Can anyone tell me what the game plan was because i couldn't see one unless we are coaching not being able to make more than three consecutive passes, mainly backwards and getting rid of the ball at the first opportunity to anyone? I was under the impression that being Millwall was all about being the street fighting underdog. We might not win every week but we should always give it a go. Does the Lion on the shirt not stand for anything? I know GR is going nowhere but for God's sake man sort something out. I fail to see how anyone at the club can consider the 'performance' as anywhere near acceptable. It was ninety minutes of nothing. No ideas, no effort, no courage, no performance. I could accept losing 3-1 as long as we gave it a crack rather than sit back and wait for them to take us.
Do they know how much it cost normal working people to travel to games like this coupled to the price of petrol, gas, food prices going through the roof?

i went in the end and felt like jumping of the pier,horrible football,place. i was suppose to make a weekend of it with some family but was on the train back to london straight after the game..................gr winds me up
Woeful performance, sometimes they don't deserve the excellent support we give them (although thought we were the quietest we've been for sometime at an away game) done something I've hardly ever done before (not the gay bars :whist: :grinning:) and left early, did make a weekend of it though and had a great time (yes it is a shithole) our hotel had a 24hour bar so made the most of that