Just Back nw

PurleyLion

Staff member
From Sutton United v Crawley,

Sutton flew out of the blocks to go 2 up inside 7 minutes. The 1st a decent strike from outside the box and the 2nd an inswinging free kick from the right that found its way into the net, perhaps via a deflection,

Thereafter I thought Crawley played the better football but with no cutting cut,

Good to see Tony Craig again, read the game well but twice exposed by his lack of speed and was rescued by his keeper.

I was looking forward to watching Jack Powell but I assume he was out injured.

A fine finish with 6 minutes to go wrapped the game for Sutton and their promotion dream lives on.

Quality of play not that great, less pace, more space. Less histrionics than the Championship 👍 and, much to my surprise, the Referee was very good 🙏

No player stood out that makes me wonder if the chances of us picking up a rough diamond from this level are slim.

Olaofe came on but his only contribution was a tackle in his own half. Not possible to judge him but if he can’t get into this Sutton starting lineup there’s no way he’s ready for the Championship.

Crawley flares, scuffles with steward and at least one fan turfed out by the police :shake:.

Easy victory followed by Rocking All Over The World not Millwall but a night out and I’ll probably do it again 👍

Whiskylion was there tonight and so was the Gillingham manager.
If the Crawley fans were wearing flares the should be chucked out. 😁

Just Back from St Christophers Hospice (Sydenham)
Mrs SE14 not doing well
Puts things into perspective, I’ve driven past it a hundred times but never want to have go there, life can be so unfair. I hope she’s not in too much pain, thinking of you both