Just Back nw

Wife has COVID, so I’ve had to take a PCR test at a drive-in centre.

Very efficient process, albeit not a pleasant experience ☹️

My gut feeling is I’ve got it but hopefully not as bad as the wife🙏

Fingers crossed I’ll be able to make the Coventry game 🤞

Is this situation going to effect the League Ladders?

I'm in the Top Ten at the moment - don't want to see the WBA match null and voided if you end up on a ventilator!

:grinning:

Sorry to hear it, Purley. I wish your wife a speedy and full recovery.

Does your Golf Club have its own 9-hole (par 2) course exclusively for Covid sufferers?

What p*sses me off is we’re fairly certain my Wife caught this off a fellow golf club member who sat next to her when we had a meal last Monday.

He knew he had it Tuesday but didn’t list my wife on the Track and Trace system, so she had to go through the painful experience of suffering badly for a couple of days before being tested and found positive yesterday. If this had happened sooner perhaps we could taken steps to ease her discomfort and I could’ve stayed with my mistress for a while 😉

Last edited:

Get well soon sir.
I had to take my daughter for a test the other day. It was a farce trying to communicate with bemasked workers through a car window they told me off for rolling down to talk to them! When I asked how they were going to pass me the testing kit the answer "Roll the window down please sir". " You just told me I wasn't allowed..."
"-------".
She was negative after all that and now has kindly passed whatever virus it was she had, to me.

Best wishes to your family, I am fully vaccinated but my missus won't have the vaccine she had it quite bad and gave it to me a month ago, she's better but I think I have long covid as it has aggregate my asthma which I have not had for years.

Both me and the wife have been double jabbed so hopefully the symptoms will be no worse than a bad cold.

I’m pretty sure I have it but not as badly as the wife.

I wish a speedy recovery to all of you, your love ones and friends who might be suffering at this point in time.

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes, including Peckham who PMed me 🙏👍

You wait for people start getting flu this winter. Flu is gonna lay people out right left and centre because no one is gonna have any immunity or tolerance for viruses whatsoever. Get out there and start living folks... The longer you hide away the worse it'll be for you when you eventually crawl out from under the stone.

You wait for people start getting flu this winter. Flu is gonna lay people out right left and centre because no one is gonna have any immunity or tolerance for viruses whatsoever. Get out there and start living folks... The longer you hide away the worse it'll be for you when you eventually crawl out from under the stone.
🎯

Confirmed COVID Positive 😔

At present symptoms no worse than a summer chill and my self-isolation ends 5/6 days before the Coventry game. Always look on the bright side of life! 👍

For the Coventry game I’ll wear a long white cloak with the word ‘unclean’ written in black so you can give me a wide berth😉

Spot on. I will have to put my hands up here. Few weeks back I met up with my pool team mates for the first time in ages, few days later I realised I'd caught it....the common cold. :sick:

Confirmed COVID Positive 😔

At present symptoms no worse than a summer chill and my self-isolation ends 5/6 days before the Coventry game. Always look on the bright side of life! 👍

For the Coventry game I’ll wear a long white cloak with the word ‘unclean’ written in black so you can give me a wide berth😉
On the contrary, mate, you'll probably have more immunity than anyone else in the stadium.
I hope you and Mrs. Purely get well soon.