Jordan hugill

When Rowett started there were at least 3 right backs in front of Danny (Romeo, Brown and the fella we bought from Wickham). Even more midfielders in front of Billy. They have been brought through in the right way and are now two of our best players. Olafe is doing well but there are 21 players who have scored more than him in league 2. Burey was tearing it up in league 2 before he got injured so let’s work on getting him into the 1st team and let Olafe get more experience.

Rowett who gets regular reports back from our scouts and the development team said that he'd prefer the player to stay at Sutton and continue his development. You are plucking at straws over a player with no experience in our division, you'd also be the first to slate Rowett if the player did come back and did fuck all.
Well, I’m not the only one on here that wants to see Olaofe play, and no, I wouldn’t slate Rowett because I genuinely believe that Olaofe would still be more of a goal threat than Afobe or Bennett! I think we would all give Olaofe a free pass because it would take him a bit of time to adjust to the pace of the Championship, but as long as he keeps giving us 100%, he’ll be given a chance! If Olaofe did turn out to be shit, yes, it’ll be a disappointment, but I would still be pleased that Rowett took a chance with him in the first place! What’s winding me up about Rowett now is forking out money on has been loans that haven’t cut it at their previous clubs, and haven’t scored many goals either, yet Rowett seems to think they’ll be a short term solution that will solve our scoring goals crisis!

Taking any player on loan is a risk, as it was with Parrott, Zahore, Woods, Ballard and Afobe (Ballard has worked out for us, Afobe less so), but is it anymore a risk playing Olaofe, one of our forwards who can score goals (unlike Parrott and Zahore)? Morison and Gregory came from non league, and they didn’t do too badly for us! Yes, it’s a possibility Olaofe could tank in our division, but equally he could be brilliant! Rowett will never know either way unless he tries him out!
Is the player ready for the step up? Is it a wise business move to risk a player with no pedigree at our level when we're short of strikers and can use the loan market. The window has ten days left, what happens if Olafe was injured or not good enough and it's to late to get in a replacement?
Some players, in whatever position they play, can be very confident footballers - nothing phases them! Olaofe looks like he has that confidence - which he showed when he made the small leap from non league to league 2, so who’s to say he might not be phased playing in the Championship?

Afobe is our only recognised forward at the moment (even if Lovelace makes the bench), and if he got injured, we’d have no one up front, save perhaps Bennett who has played there, but isn’t really a forward! We’ve now signed this Burke on loan from Sheffield United! Is he any more or less a risk than bringing Olaofe back? As Robbo said up thread, Burke has scored 13 goals in 145 games, so he’s not exactly set the Prem/Championship alight, has he? So, for the Blackpool game, we‘ll probably have Burke up front with, I guess, Bennett as a secondary forward (if Rowett wants to keep it that way), with possibly a 15 year old kid as a back up, sitting on the bench! At least if Olaofe was back with us, he could offer Rowett more options and some potential firepower!
Why don't you let the manager manage the hand he';s bean dealt instead of constantly criticising without knowing the full sp, It's easy to sit in front of your pc, point the finger and offer up solutions when you haven't a clue what goes on behind the scenes with contracts, budgets nor anything else.
This paragraph sums up every supporter, up and down the land, who has a gripe about their club or manager! Millwall Online is no different in that regard - we all want success for our club - some of us just disagree on the way to get it! :grinning:

Last edited:
Well, I’m not the only one on here that wants to see Olaofe play,
Pop down to Sutton and report back.
I wouldn’t slate Rowett because I genuinely believe that Olaofe would still be more of a goal threat than Afobe or Bennett!
How do you come to that conclusion considering we create next to fuck all.

I think we would all give Olaofe a free pass because it would take him a bit of time to adjust
What’s winding me up about Rowett now is forking out money on has been loans that haven’t cut it at their previous clubs, and haven’t scored many goals either,
Hence them being available on loan. I have no idea what money is available to Rowett but i do know we are down millions due to covid.

Rowett seems to think they’ll be a short term solution that will solve our scoring goals crisis!
Isn't that what all managers think? None of us know who he's tried to get in or who's turned us down. Clubs our size don't buy or loan players in January unless there's risk attached.
Taking any player on loan is a risk, as it was with Parrott, Zahore, Woods, Ballard and Afobe (Ballard has worked out for us, Afobe less so), but is it anymore a risk playing Olaofe, one of our forwards who can score goals
He's unproven and has no experience in the championship. It's his first season playing league football, he scored most of his goals in the conference. This sesson he has scored in five games, two in one month and twice since November. Rowett and the development team have said he's better off where he is for the time being and you're questioning them because of a whim based on nothing. If the management don't think he's ready then surley he's better off where he is gaining experience by getting games.
Rowett will never know either way unless he tries him out!
Okay. He's being tried out two divisions below so perhaps they know more than us.

Some players, in whatever position they play, can be very confident footballers - nothing phases them! Olaofe looks like he has that confidence - which he showed when he made the small leap from non league to league 2, so who’s to say he might not be phased playing in the Championship?
You're right he might not be phased by the step up, then again he might not score any goals either. But no doubt you'll hang onto this hypothetical scenario until you find something else that needs putting right.

Afobe is our only recognised forward at the moment
Apart from the geezer who signed today!

save perhaps Bennett who has played there, but isn’t really a forward!
We agree on something then.

We’ve now signed this Burke on loan from Sheffield United! Is he any more or less a risk than bringing Olaofe back?
He's played at this level before so less of a risk over an untried player at this level.

Burke has scored 13 goals in 145 games, so he’s not exactly set the Prem/Championship alight, has he?
No he hasn't, how many goals do you expect from a winger?

So, for the Blackpool game, we‘ll probably have Burke up front with,
If he's fit.

At least if Olaofe was back with us, he could offer Rowett more options and some potential firepower!
He's not coming back, the manager has said why. If you disagree with him i suggest you write a strong worded letter, show him the error of his ways and tell him what he needs to do.

Last edited:
How about these?

Armani Little of Torquay. Midfielder. 23.

Joe Sbarra of Solihull Moors. Midfielder. 25.

Kyle Wootton of Notts County. Striker. 25.

Tahvon Campbell of Woking. Winger. 25.

Kabongo Tshimanga of Chesterfield. Striker. 24.

Sounds like a good boy group! Move over Take That.

This. 100%

Everyone on here seems baffled as to why Rowett hasn’t recalled Olaofe yet! I can only put it down to the fact that, in our current situation, Rowett wants loan players in from the Championship and the PL who he thinks can hit the ground running, and have the quality to hopefully score goals! Unless he’s already signed for someone, why isn’t Rowett giving Lovelace a chance to start tomorrow?

Unfortunately, Rowett isn’t seeing what we on here are seeing, that Hugill and Burke (the latter has signed on loan with us today and is available for team selection tomorrow), are way past their best, and cannot offer anywhere near what Olaofe can! It seems Rowett is happy to spunk money up the wall by paying some money towards these players wages, rather than offending Sutton by recalling Olaofe, because we’ve got fuck all up front at the moment!

How is that good business or good management from Rowett?
Rowatt is looking out for himself. And only himself. He have no emotional tie here and knows he will be gone soon enough

I think I read on here that Olaofe can be recalled (though not 100% on that), so if Rowett can stick Lovelace on the bench (and bring him on for a few minutes), then why can’t he use Olaofe who at least has had experience playing in a football league (albeit in league 2)? Lovelace wasn’t on anyone’s radar until Rowett named him on the subs bench, yet last season and this, Oloafe has been banging in the goals for Sutton! Sorry, I just don’t understand it!

As I said up thread, Rowett seems happy to spunk money up the wall by paying some money towards these other players wages, rather than giving Olaofe a chance or, at the very least putting Lovelace up front tomorrow!
Let’s have it right, Lovelace is 15. Literally a kid. Put that into context.
As for Olafe, 6 goals in league 2 this season is hardly pulling up trees. Maybe Rowett just don’t fancy him, simple as that, which as manager of a football club, is his prerogative?

Pop down to Sutton and report back.

How do you come to that conclusion considering we create next to fuck all.

Hence them being available on loan. I have no idea what money is available to Rowett but i do know we are down millions due to covid.

Isn't that what all managers think? None of us know who he's tried to get in or who's turned us down. Clubs our size don't buy or loan players in January unless there's risk attached.

He's unproven and has no experience in the championship. It's his first season playing league football, he scored most of his goals in the conference. This sesson he has scored in five games, two in one month and twice since November. Rowett and the development team have said he's better off where he is for the time being and you're questioning them because of a whim based on nothing. If the management don't think he's ready then surley he's better off where he is gaining experience by getting games.

Okay. He's being tried out two divisions below so perhaps they know more than us.

You're right he might not be phased by the step up, then again he might not score any goals either. But no doubt you'll hang onto this hypothetical scenario until you find something else that needs putting right.

Apart from the geezer who signed today!

We agree on something then.

He's played at this level before so less of a risk over an untried player at this level.

No he hasn't, how many goals do you expect from a winger?

If he's fit.

He's not coming back, the manager has said why. If you disagree with him i suggest you write a strong worded letter, show him the error of his ways and tell him what he needs to do.

Top post...although, you've no right to be as sensible and pragmatic as that on MO. You'll be banned.!!

🤣🤣

Top post...although, you've no right to be as sensible and pragmatic as that on MO. You'll be banned.!!

🤣🤣
They can't ban me i've posted six times on a conference forum before making the step up to here. I'm also the chairman of a football club, oh and a scout, a ceo, financial expert and football manager. All part time of course cause it's a piece of piss when you know how!. My proper expertise is in fiscal illusion, i grow money on trees.

Last edited:
They can't ban me i've posted six times on a conference forum before making the step up to here. I'm also the chairman of a football club, oh and a scout, a ceo, financial expert and football manager. All part time of course cause it's a piece of piss wehen you know how!. My proper expertise is in fiscal illusion, i grow money on trees.

:ROFLMAO:

They can't ban me i've posted six times on a conference forum before making the step up to here. I'm also the chairman of a football club, oh and a scout, a ceo, financial expert and football manager. All part time of course cause it's a piece of piss wehen you know how!. My proper expertise is in fiscal illusion, i grow money on trees.
:wahey:

They can't ban me i've posted six times on a conference forum before making the step up to here. I'm also the chairman of a football club, oh and a scout, a ceo, financial expert and football manager. All part time of course cause it's a piece of piss when you know how!. My proper expertise is in fiscal illusion, i grow money on trees.
Fiscal illusion, wasn't that a song by Imagination. 🤔🤔

This. People need to calm down about Lovelace, he’s a school kid for fucks sake. Let him develop at his own level for a couple of years at least instead of throwing him in Holloway style and him sink without trace.
Sid Nelson being made captain, was one of the worst decisions ever made with one of our youngsters. He needed an arm around him, not a fkin arm band. The lad was Millwall through and through and he got chucked in to keep the fans happy. Never make that same mistake again.