Joe Edwards - The new gaffer

No living manager had experience of managing in his first job. Pep, mourinho, Ramsey. You might not know him people in football definitely do.
Let's hope he's a Pep, Mourinho or a Sir Alf then. If people in football know ow him I guess he must be. Silly of me to even worry. I feel stupid now. Forgive me

Surely you (and others) don't expect to change a few years of defensive mindset and style in six games with the players we have? It ain't going to happen, it will be a work in progress. From what I have read on forums and heard down The Den, it seems most seem it's about time we moved onwards and upwards. We need to give the new people time.
You've clearly not been paying attention. I don't expect him to change a fkg thing

Bloody hell mate, are you a country and western fan, all this doom and gloom? Joking apart, we have got to give him a chance and hope he makes us a better footballing side.
Nope I'm a thrash metal fan and I spend my professional life having to be positive no matter what. But I just think its the wrong appointment. I really do hope I am wrong and I'll give him all my support. I don't want him to fail coz I love my football club. I was,asked why I thought he was the wrong appointment and I've simply shared my thoughts. No question in my mind though - he will take us down either in this life or the next (season)

"No question in my mind though - he will take us down either in this life or the next (season)"

Why would you think that when the team has not had a single game with him in charge ??

Nope I'm a thrash metal fan and I spend my professional life having to be positive no matter what. But I just think its the wrong appointment. I really do hope I am wrong and I'll give him all my support. I don't want him to fail coz I love my football club. I was,asked why I thought he was the wrong appointment and I've simply shared my thoughts. No question in my mind though - he will take us down either in this life or the next (season)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Certainly talks the talk but only time will tell.

Hopefully one major benefit will be - because of his connections, coaching experience and reputation - Premier clubs will be more inclined to loan us promising youngsters (perhaps the next Harry Kane) 🙏
Thought he handled his first press conference very well, it looks like he has a clear vision and has clearly done his research on the players.

One thing we should all take into consideration, although he is young he has a vast amount of coaching experience, 18 years in fact, that is more than a lot of other so called experienced managers that are doing the rounds.

The Doc....
The Doc: Brentford and Cambridge United before the Lions!

The majority mentioned were already at the club and, in effect, became caretaker manager (without a contract) before becoming permanent, which is different to the Edwards scenario.

Peter Anderson and Graham are the only 2, I can think of, brought in from outside the club. The former as player-manager (and Chief Accountant if I remember correctly 😉).

So returning to the original comment about another young manager cutting his teeth at the club, the last time the club did something like this was when Graham joined the best part of 40 years back and that didn’t work out too badly did it? 👍

1. Because he has never managed a team before at anywhere bear this kevel so us totally untried snd untested.

2. Because we are in trouble down the wrong end of the table and we need wins quickly which brings lots of added pressure to a novice manager.

3. We aren't the most patient set of fans so even though we,will all support him and get behind him and the team, if 5 or 6 games in we ain't winning games and his magic wand hasn't crafted a better style of football sections of our fans will be having a go if we head into the relegation zone

4. No one has ever heard of him so he can't be all that

5. What has he done where he has been? Nothing to suggest he can handle us
Not having a dig, hope you feel a bit more reassured about the appointment now.

1. Because he has never managed a team before at anywhere bear this kevel so us totally untried snd untested.

2. Because we are in trouble down the wrong end of the table and we need wins quickly which brings lots of added pressure to a novice manager.

3. We aren't the most patient set of fans so even though we,will all support him and get behind him and the team, if 5 or 6 games in we ain't winning games and his magic wand hasn't crafted a better style of football sections of our fans will be having a go if we head into the relegation zone

4. No one has ever heard of him so he can't be all that

5. What has he done where he has been? Nothing to suggest he can handle us
Aged well....