Jimmy Abdou

superlion

Recently watched 2 interviews he did ,talked nonstop about the time he had with us and the love he had for the club but especially the fans how we always lifted him when he heard milllllll Loved listening to him talking about the goal he scored against weeds & never realised how many headers he scored for us .
one of our favourites giving 100% every game putting his body on the line nearly 350 games he played for us.

Came to the club at a very important time for me whilst supporting 'Wall. Came to Millwall when I was a boy and left the club with me now a (somewhat mature) man.

Think we all have that player when were young who just means more than any other, Jimmy was that guy for me and many others my age. Optimised the Millwall way and the never say die attitude. When he left, that's when I started feeling older, as if my childhood had ended. Strange I know.

I wanted his No.26 shirt retired I was that much of a fan... what did they do instead? Gave it to Skalak... What a way to ruin such an iconic shirt.

A player I don't think I will ever forget.

Came to the club at a very important time for me whilst supporting 'Wall. Came to Millwall when I was a boy and left the club with me now a (somewhat mature) man.

Think we all have that player when were young who just means more than any other, Jimmy was that guy for me and many others my age. Optimised the Millwall way and the never say die attitude. When he left, that's when I started feeling older, as if my childhood had ended. Strange I know.

I wanted his No.26 shirt retired I was that much of a fan... what did they do instead? Gave it to Skalak... What a way to ruin such an iconic shirt.

A player I don't think I will ever forget.
Agree with all that but, when did retiring a shirt become a thing? Seems very American and shouldn't be allowed