Jed

According to Rich Cowley Forest offered £1.2m which we considered derisory. I would not be surprised if we are expecting them to come back with something much better and the Besiktas thing was just an encouragement to them to offer more. Realistically what would we accept? I have posted before that TransferMarket valued him at £6.3m. I don’t think he is worth that but we could be persuaded to sell for £2.5/3m?

anything to get an increase in wallace fee - if we get 2m+ then thats a decent deal considering we will get 0 for him once January is done.

He is worth 4-5m IMO when under long term contract. so getting half of that would be an good result. Not as good as selling him a yr ago but then we have also had a quality player getting goals and assists during this period

According to Rich Cowley Forest offered £1.2m which we considered derisory. I would not be surprised if we are expecting them to come back with something much better and the Besiktas thing was just an encouragement to them to offer more. Realistically what would we accept? I have posted before that TransferMarket valued him at £6.3m. I don’t think he is worth that but we could be persuaded to sell for £2.5/3m?
It ain't derisery when he's free In 6 months (and If we could get two and a half million for him, why did no one bid It before?). Forrest could just wait and hand him a million signing on fee. There's no way they haven't spoken to his agent, reguardless of all these tapping up rules.

I'd take 500 grand for him at this point.

Last edited:
If we were in, or closer to, a P/O place I'd say take a chance and see his contract out (plus try to bring in a few players?). As it is, we are likely to finish mid-table, so let's get what we can for him.

So far as pre-contacts are concerned, I don't think that they are binding? Therefore, in theory Jed could sign one with Besiktas and still end up at Forest by the end of the month.

Supposedly we have three players lined up to join in the coming week or two. So Smith, Jed and one more in Kieftenbeld out makes sense and more or less like for like positions wise.

Last edited:
My mate in the know says that Forest have made a third bid. The Besiktas hoax could have worked!

Local paper in Notts is reporting that too, supposedly a bid over 1.5m. I don’t know if our board are playing the long game and holding out for as much as possible nearer the deadline but I think we should take the money and run if it’s true that there’s a bid north of one and a half mil on the table.

It’s becoming more likely that we may well have seen the last of Jed in a Wall shirt so let’s move on and start improving other areas of the side. We might miss him initially but we’ve got to be realistic and get some money in, especially post covid. On the plus side it will give other players an opportunity to step up and in all honesty probably give us a more balanced side in the long run.

Local paper in Notts is reporting that too, supposedly a bid over 1.5m. I don’t know if our board are playing the long game and holding out for as much as possible nearer the deadline but I think we should take the money and run if it’s true that there’s a bid north of one and a half mil on the table.

It’s becoming more likely that we may well have seen the last of Jed in a Wall shirt so let’s move on and start improving other areas of the side. We might miss him initially but we’ve got to be realistic and get some money in, especially post covid. On the plus side it will give other players an opportunity to step up and in all honesty probably give us a more balanced side in the long run.
The time has come for the return of the Great Bodvarsson - this is his chance……..

Drug induced scenario: We sell Jed to Norwich for £2+m with us having inserted a buy-on clause and Jed having a buy-out clause. Jed plays like a man possessed for Norwich and has a blinder against Newcastle. However, Norwich are still relegated. 'Shake Your Money' decides he must have Jed and pays £20m for him, from which we net an additional £2-4m.

Most likely scenario: Jed comes on a sub tomorrow. Sustains a season ending injury. Never plays for us again and leaves on a free in the summer.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going!