Jed

silverlion

Staff member
My mate is usually a very reliable source and has just sent me a text which says.

Jed Wallace is set to sign a pre contract agreement with Besiktas.
Make of that what you will!
Forgive me but if this is a PRE contract agreement does that mean he will sign for them at the end of this season, so he can spend the rest of the season with us or does it mean that he will sign for them at the end of this transfer window?

It means he signs now and will join at the end of the season when his contract is up. He will still play for us until then.

It means he signs now and will join at the end of the season when his contract is up. He will still play for us until then.
So still on wages, we get f all and he plays like a fairy as wont want to get injured and balls up a likely very lucrative deal !! Great !!

However, plenty of ''action'' in Istanbul and I'd fancy living there for a period

As from January 1st he was free to sign a pre contact agreement with any non english club. Bradshaw and all our other out of contract players could do the same

Got to phase him.out the team and get another player whoever it shall be playing in that position, been great for us and wish him all the best

I can't see him not trying when he plays for us. It's just not in his nature.
Think he will try, just probably won’t go in for any 50-50 balls/tackles.

Agree with the phasing out bit. Stick him on the bench from now to the end of the season, and when Rowett subs Evans each week, bring Jed on against tired opposition legs, and frighten the shit out of them!

Looking at Besiktas and their wage bill, I reckon he'll be on a minimum of £35,000 a week and will probably receive a signing on fee of at least £1million, probably more.