Jed off to forest

Agree with this post………. I reckon Ojo has looked real quality recently. Could we keep him though ?
Not on that money.
Symptomatic of the wider problems caused further down the football pyramid in my mind: huge squads in the PL containing guys like Ojo on eye-watering amounts of money, that either clubs like ours either can't sign apart from on loan or take a huge financial risk and get themselves in the shit. I've got some mates in work who're Wrexham fans, who imform me that the guy Mullin they signed from Cambridge in the summer, is on £9k a week. In the Conference!

Not on that money.
Symptomatic of the wider problems caused further down the football pyramid in my mind: huge squads in the PL containing guys like Ojo on eye-watering amounts of money, that either clubs like ours either can't sign apart from on loan or take a huge financial risk and get themselves in the shit. I've got some mates in work who're Wrexham fans, who imform me that the guy Mullin they signed from Cambridge in the summer, is on £9k a week. In the Conference!
Yeah , that’s fair comment. I didn’t have a clue what Ojo was on.

Not on that money.
This. 100%

Regarding Mullin - yes it’s crazy that he was prepared to drop a couple of leagues to be paid more than what he was on at Cambridge!

Of course, it doesn’t hurt Wrexham much, especially as they’re being bank rolled by a couple of Hollywood superstars!

Beckham has got Tom Cruise into soccer (as the Yanks like to call it), maybe Kavanagh could give him a call?

”Good morning, Mr. Cruise. Your mission, should you accept it, is to bank roll Millwall, the greatest London football team ever!”

#missionnotimpossible

This. 100%

Regarding Mullin - yes it’s crazy that he was prepared to drop a couple of leagues to be paid more than what he was on at Cambridge!

Of course, it doesn’t hurt Wrexham much, especially as they’re being bank rolled by a couple of Hollywood superstars!

Beckham has got Tom Cruise into soccer (as the Yanks like to call it), maybe Kavanagh could give him a call?

”Good morning, Mr. Cruise. Your mission, should you accept it, is to bank roll Millwall, the greatest London football team ever!”

#missionnotimpossible
You've got more chance of a gay cruise with Kavanagh.

As opposed to getting nothing in five months time for a player that doesn't want to play for us?

Yes zero, so we may as well get a fee for the player.

If we were to have shown a bit more ambition in pushing for the top 6 or looked likely to be in and around it at the end of the season I have no doubts that Jed would stay and roll the dice until the end of the season. As it stands we haven’t really gambled, look like a mid table side with a thin squad, and the play offs now look out of reach. Jed said so many times before, he wanted success with us, wanted us to get play offs, but he could never do it on his own. Have the club matched his ambition and desire, I’d say no.

Apparently we’re asking for 9 million…

They’re right, it is an absurd amount, but…..

Maybe Rowett sees this sale as akin to selling your house! As a seller, you always lump on a bit more of your asking price, knowing you’re going to be beaten down a bit. The club wants £9M - Forest want to pay £2M. After a bit of argy bargy, the two clubs decide to meet somewhere in the middle, and Jed leaves for £5M!

However, if the two clubs can’t thrash out a deal, we’re gonna have one very, very, pissed off Jed Wallace on our hands!

Maybe Rowett sees this sale as akin to selling your house! As a seller, you always lump on a bit more of your asking price, knowing you’re going to be beaten down a bit. The club wants £9M - Forest want to pay £2M. After a bit of argy bargy, the two clubs decide to meet somewhere in the middle, and Jed leaves for £5M!

However, if the two clubs can’t thrash out a deal, we’re gonna have one very, very, pissed off Jed Wallace on our hands!
£9m (with a promotion) is a good return on their investment. There are bound to be bigger clubs in the running for him so even if Forest cannot meet our price someone else will offer what we want.

If we get anywhere near £5 I'll doff my cap to the club. Fact is we wont and that £2m being mentioned could help us buy one - maybe 2 players with a view to the long term.

Dangerous game here by the club, allowing Jed to get to 5 months left and then play hardball on the price.

Last edited:
If we get anywhere near £5 I'll doff my cap to the club. Fact is we wont and that £2m being mentioned could help us buy one - maybe 2 players with a view to the long term.

Dangerous game here by the club, allowing Jed to get to 5 months left and then play hardball on the price.
Do you think we replace Jed’s goal and assist contribution this season with £2m? I am not so sure. Names mentioned - Sibley and a kid from abroad, I’m not convinced!

If we were to have shown a bit more ambition in pushing for the top 6 or looked likely to be in and around it at the end of the season I have no doubts that Jed would stay and roll the dice until the end of the season. As it stands we haven’t really gambled, look like a mid table side with a thin squad,
We are losing a lot of dough, if that's that you mean by pushing for the play offs, ie, bringing in players. Perhaps we'll do that when we get the cash that the clubs queueing up to buy Jed are going to part with
:slap:
Have the club matched his ambition and desire, I’d say no.
Hasn't the player himself said he wants premier league football? Ambition, desire and reality don't often match up in a footballers head. Do you think Forest will match his ambition and desire if he signs for them? I'd have more respect for a player if he just said i want more money and can get it elsewhere so i;m off. Who the fuck is some Wolves reject to be calling the shots on what he expects from a small club like us? He was with a club geared up for the premier league but somehow ended up in league one with us. Maybe he didn't have the ambition, desire or footballing brain eh!

Last edited:

2m could help us buy 1 player, and it would only help with the inflated January prices.

That is unless we go for players down at the league, who no one else wants.

I think we had a plan to get the prem or at least challenge to, and GR spent a good bit of money doing so, I think Jed was told this, but after COVID hit GR was told there will not be a lot to spend and that is why he started to use homegrown players.