Jed off to forest

No one questions that Jed is a quality player. The fact is we have, by design or default become a side over reliant on him. That means, when it aint clicking in a game, or the opposition double up on him, we forget how to utilise the other attacking players (if Rowett has selected any). So sometimes, the best 'teams' do not include the best players.

What we have seen is Ojo come into his own in that free role and we have played well whilst Jed has been out, Can Mahoney finally step up in that 10 role, will Burey build upon a decent loan and cameo for us v Palace, will one of our meagre bids for attacking players come to fruition?

Without a doubt, I'd rather Jed stay, but if that was in the same manner, of us over reliant on him, I'd rather he moved on and we built a side capable of attacking/scoring/creating goals from several angles.
What is stopping Ojo or Mahoney being the new Jed, not by being a really good player for us, but by being the 1 player we look to when we need something to happen, you could say it has already started with Ojo, he played well on Saturday, filled in the "Jed role" the ball was given to him 9/10 times.

What is stopping Ojo or Mahoney being the new Jed, not by being a really good player for us, but by being the 1 player we look to when we need something to happen, you could say it has already started with Ojo, he played well on Saturday, filled in the "Jed role" the ball was given to him 9/10 times.

Well that's the mindset of the sqaud, and perhaps, better attacking players needed and a shift of mentality from the management.

Rowett, in Mahoneys case.

I dont wish him any ill but I couldnt care less what happens in his career once he has gone. Although I am sure everytime he scores a goal elsewhere there will be someone who has to let us all know on here. If hes at Forest I dont wish him good luck, I hope they lose lots as I do every other team in the division.

I don't think that it can be a coincidence that Ojo's best spell with us has been since Jed went out. Some people were calling him a wage thief before Christmas but he's looked an awful lot better since Christmas.

r I’ve read on here is that Jed has no time for Rowett’s type of defensive football.
He suffered it under Harris.
Jed was already thinking of fucking off, and knew that he would never get from the club the new contract he was looking for (i.e. more money).
He was offered an improved contract money wise nearly a year ago, it's still on the table. You say Jed was already thinking of fucking off, any proof of that and the reasons? He said he wants to play in the premier league so he won't get the contract or money he's looking for from any champoinship side.

I’m sorry but how can anyone blame him for wanting to leave,who wouldn’t wanna leave with that shit,defensive crap rowett wants to play week in week out!
But that isn't why he wants out, if it was for footballing reasons he'd have fucked off at least three year ago. He was at a team that played football and was geared up for and reached the premier but he couldn't get a game and binned was off to us in the league below.

He's had plenty of scouts watch him in the last two seasons, from premier and top championship sides yet he's still here. . The scout reports weren't very complimentary and we've hardly had other clubs kicking our door down to get him. Perhaps Jed has found or reached his level playing shit defensive football.

Last edited:
I think I would rather keep him for 6 months rather than take £2m now. I just can’t see that we will be able to replace his goals and assists with that amount of money.

The fact is, Jed is a £5m player at least, we have let him get in to the last year of his contract and are paying the price for it. Whoever signs him at £2m has a bargain, whoever we replace him with for that amount or less (Sibley, Fleming, etc) won’t get us same returns this season.

Selling him now makes us the losers in this situation. There’s no real benefit to Jed leaving now when he can get a bigger wage and signing on fee at the end of the season. Forest have just as much chance of promotion as we do…

If 2 million pounds Is a bargain why hasn't anyone come with a 3 million pound counter offer?

Last edited:
He suffered it under Harris.

He was offered an improved contract money wise nearly a year ago, it's still on the table. You say Jed was already thinking of fucking off, any proof of that and the reasons? He said he wants to play in the premier league so he won't get the contract or money he's looking for from any champoinship side.
No, I don’t have any proof. The ‘Jed was already thinking of fucking off’ bit was wrongly worded, for which I apologise. What I was trying to say (badly), was that Jed knew, a year ago, that his career as a player for Millwall Football Club was over, as soon as he made the decision to not sign that improved contract!

Why? Jed knew it was over once he realised that the club couldn’t or wouldn’t improve on the already improved salary they had offered him! Are Forest prepared to meet Jed’s salary demands? Possibly. Would Jed sign for them, when he has already said he wants to play in the Premier League? Maybe. Perhaps Cooper has impressed him as to his plans for Forest - how he is working hard to get them promoted. Jed might be thinking that if he does sign for Forest, he can get the money he wants and get to the Premier League!

I‘m sure if the signing happens, Jed will be saying something similar to the MSM! It could be a huge gamble for Jed. Yes, he’ll get the money he wants, but in 6 months or so, will he be playing against Man City in the Premier League, or facing us again in the Championship?

Ok I will develop into a very good player whether with us or elsewhere.