January Ins / Outs

33lion

I think Ben and Dad Bod will be on the move, and of course Jed.

In terms of who we bring in, I think we are desperate for an attacking midfielder, another forward and a box to box type who is comfortable progressing forward with the ball.

Defensively I think we could do with some more cover also which can be patched up with a loan.

Pritchard from Sunderland use jed money.A Danny Mac clone on the left.then a miracle, a 20 goal centre forward.

Is Paris still in bed? This thread is two hours old and he hasn't shown up with one of his Hokey Cokey references.
:grinning:

On the one hand, I'd be glad to see some additions to the squad, but we need to look at what we have and be careful that any new signings don't block the progress of the up and coming youngsters. It's great to see the likes of McNamara and Mitchell becoming regulars and Burey is surely knocking on the door now too. Those lads have real talent. I'd hate to see some journeyman signing stopping hungry young players getting their chance.

On the one hand, I'd be glad to see some additions to the squad, but we need to look at what we have and be careful that any new signings don't block the progress of the up and coming youngsters. It's great to see the likes of McNamara and Mitchell becoming regulars and Burey is surely knocking on the door now too. Those lads have real talent. I'd hate to see some journeyman signing stopping hungry young players getting their chance.

Im genuinely excited by the prospects we have at this club. Could Sean OBrien be the attacking mid we are crying out for? A lot of people seem to rate him highly. I’d definitely be bringing Tanto back from Sutton, needed in case we get an injury.

:clap:

In terms of who we bring in, I think we are desperate for an attacking midfielder, another forward and a box to box type who is comfortable progressing forward with the ball.

Defensively I think we could do with some more cover also which can be patched up with a loan.
I don’t think JB will fund the money needed to buy the players you’ve outlined, 33lion. If any players come in, think they will be loanees, assuming the club can either sell or loan out the likes of Thommo and Mahoney, neither which seem to feature in Rowett’s plans anymore. I don’t think the club will get a sale or a loan out of Bod, either!
This.

We’re not going to be relegated, and there’s an outside chance of reaching the Play Offs. Think Rowett needs to give Burey, Boateng and Lovelace more game time in the 2nd half of this season, especially if there aren’t any funds available to buy or loan in new players in this transfer window.

We don’t have much in the way of cover if Bradshaw and/or Afobe get injured. Smith is little more than a last minute impact sub these days, although Jed and Bennett could play up front (as they did last season), if both our main forwards were out, but if, say, Forest bought Jed in this window, that would only leave Bennett up front on his own! If, God forbid, he got a knock, we’d have no recognisable forward up front, so having Lovelace and Olaofe on the bench would be good cover if everything suddenly went tits up!

Ben, Bod, Jed, Smith if reports are to be believed and I think Mahoney also will be out the door.

Ben, Bod and Mahoney not even making the bench with Smith and Jed to be sold.

Jed and Smith will only be replaced as the others have not featured for us.

Burry is Jed's replacement so another forward is all we will need in the eyes of the board.

I don't think we will have the money to get in a centre midfield player, the board will look and see that GR has brought in Saville for big money and Dutch with Evans in the last January window.

Ben, Bod, Jed, Smith if reports are to be believed and I think Mahoney also will be out the door.

Burry is Jed's replacement so another forward is all we will need in the eyes of the board.

I don't think we will have the money to get in a centre midfield player, the board will look and see that GR has brought in Saville for big money and Dutch with Evans in the last January window.
Thought smith went on to reduced payment one year deal. There is no “sale” here I fear

Why would we get any money for Jed unless he leaves right away. A club can sign a pre contract agreement and get him for nothing at the end of the season. Unless forest fancy their chances of going up. They wont make the automatic places and it would be a big gamble, cause as we know the playoffs are a complete bun fight.

Last edited:
Why would we get any money for Jed unless he leaves right away. A club can sign a pre contract agreement and get him for nothing at the end of the season. Unless forest fancy their chances of going up. They wont make the automatic places and it would be a big gamble, cause as we know the playoffs are a complete bun fight.
I think he could well go. If Forest drag their feet he will likely end up elsewhere so they should get him now for their promotion push and at least we’ll get something.

If you’d watched Forest last night beat the Gooners then you would certainly say that they are a team on the up. The Gooners were several short of their best line up but Forest denied them any kind of opening. If your defence is sound then if you could just find the wherewithal to score then you could force your way into the top six. As Happy says once you are there then it is a bun fight and anything could happen. They could see that Jed is the final piece of the jigsaw and with him they could force their way up the table.
His agent has been clever to report that Jed is set to sign a pre contract agreement with Besiktas, hence forcing Forest’s hand. The ugly one will have been boosted by yesterday’s result and the promise of a big payday against local rivals Leicester in round four. Jed is not cup tied so if they signed him he could play in round four. We are playing hard ball and want a decent wedge to let him go. Anything over £2m would be a start. If they don’t come up with the cash then we will get zero for him in the summer. The two big questions are whether he fancied a move to the Midlands and whether they would give him a decent contract. This is his last big payday so he has to get it right. I think he might be tempted.

When Saville went off injured on Saturday, we looked fucked in that middle. It showed Kieftenbeld is just not up to the level. He looked about 40 and was completely ineffective. He storms about and makes late tackles and plays 5 yard passes, that’s about it. We need another body in there with a bit of class.