ITV program last night - South London football talent

Shawmi

2nd episode tonight, all about potential players from South London, up and coming and those that have made it, Fuck me have we missed out on some players from well within our catchment area, Bermondsey, Peckham, Camberwell, the likes of Gomez at Liverpool, Abraham (Chelsea, loaned to Roma), Lookman at Leicester, a few who play overseas too.

Bit annoying watching with all the kids being Bluds, innit, you no what me saying innit, bruv….taking about if they don’t make it the only choice they have got is Da Streets with their Crew!!!

I know we cannot get every local talent but pisses me off that we have missed out on so many and the young lads on here all seem to have gone to the Premier league London clubs, guess what they are dropped and searching for a team to take them on!!

The Prem clubs offer too much money at such a young age that we just cannot compete with.
There are also some very greedy parents out there who are offered incentives for little Johnny or Abdul to sign for them instead of clubs like us.
Difficult to see what a club with our finances can do about it really.

Chelsea, for example take on dozens of youngsters and loan them out everywhere to see if they are actually any good without taking the risk themselves.
Money gives them the power to do this, and they want to keep it that way.

The difference is facilities - why would a kid sign for Millwall and train at the rugby club when they can train at Cobham and the club lay on a cab to and from training to help the parents out? Same with Arsenal and Hale End.

In saying that Millwall aren't doing too bad - I believe this years scholar intake is a strong unit of 10 or 11 and there is always the chance to pick up those from CAT 1 who have been released without compensation due to not being offered a scholarship (usually marked at trialists on the U16 or U18 teamsheets).

Bit annoying watching with all the kids being Bluds, innit, you no what me saying innit, bruv….taking about if they don’t make it the only choice they have got is Da Streets with their Crew!!!
It's often the way and quite true. We let a youth player go because of his links to gangs and his bad behavior away from the club, he now plays in the premier league!

Watched that. That young girl was a fantastic athlete. The young lad, Bobby I think, needs to be carefully looked at, what a player. Someone contact the Den and tell them to look at him.

Think the biggest player we let slip was Ian Wright!

What was the reason given? Too short? Too skinny?

Whatever it was, it was the biggest fuck up since Decca snubbed The Beatles!

The difference is facilities - why would a kid sign for Millwall and train at the rugby club when they can train at Cobham and the club lay on a cab to and from training to help the parents out? Same with Arsenal and Hale End.

In saying that Millwall aren't doing too bad - I believe this years scholar intake is a strong unit of 10 or 11 and there is always the chance to pick up those from CAT 1 who have been released without compensation due to not being offered a scholarship (usually marked at trialists on the U16 or U18 teamsheets).
The facilities are actually really good and will only get better once they build the new training centre in Kent. Part of the problem is that it’s not been promoted as well as other clubs but that is changing- a lot of work going on to set up football academies etc but it takes times. I understand that this part of the club’s operations is going up a notch or two.

remember we had great youth teams late 70s early 80s
Sniverpool offered a million for kinsella mehemt & Kevin oclahahane .can’t spell for shit

Money, Fine Lines, Opinions.
Some of the Best Managers release good kids, and Players.
That's how we got a couple of legends, Keith Weller. Derek Possee,
let go by the great Billy Nicholson. Our time will come, we are a few players off the Premiership.