Is this true?

It's true that he was part of an old sting that infiltrated us, lots of what he says isn't. Over thirty year ago now yet the sad, snake cunt is still dining out on it. Never read the genric article so don't know whether it tells you that many walked from court cause of dodgy evidence.

He changed the names of the pubs and people in the book but you can work out what he's actually on about. The book is mostly accurate to be honest as I went to a lot of games that season and it was pretty much as he described, although I think he bigged up his part. He was involved around the edges but never fully infiltrated and some of the people he set up were nothing to do with our main core which is probably why the attempts at convictions fell through.

To me, he had a wish to be famous. He's tried stand-up and acting and got his film and book so he is an egotist.

I was at the Arsenal Cup game high up in the seats and can clearly remember it going off in the North Bank. A bloke was nicked and managed to wriggle free and run into the Millwall away fans. I can still see it today. Whether that was him or not I don't know, but it definitely happened. That day was carnage. There were thousands of Millwall there that day.

As others have said, he is a snide fucker and has tried to portray himself as some kind of honourable hero, which he certainly is not.

A few images from that Arsenal cup game attached.

Attachments

• pa-14451621.jpg
    pa-14451621.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 35
  • pa-14451617.jpg
    pa-14451617.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 28
  • pa-14451625.jpg
    pa-14451625.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 28
  • use-with-sidebar-please.jpg
    use-with-sidebar-please.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 29
The copper is a snide cunt but so is anyone that would slap a bloke in front of his young kids and wife- if that is even true, having come from the mouth of a snide.

I don't know if that happened but I'd be very surprised. No doubt that in the past some of our lot may have crossed the line but in my 40 odd years of following MIllwall I have never seen any of our fans do something like that.

It's true that he was part of an old sting that infiltrated us, lots of what he says isn't. Over thirty year ago now yet the sad, snake cunt is still dining out on it. Never read the genric article so don't know whether it tells you that many walked from court cause of dodgy evidence.
A total cunt then....and an attention seeker too, by the sound of it.
The fact that they only managed to get a few lads on the periphery surely shows that their underhand methods didn't work.I suppose the ob had to try to prove something by charging a few.
Just glad our boys seem to have been switched on enough not to let him do too much damage.

He was involved around the edges but never fully infiltrated
He got very close to our top table and knew way too much. Was in a relationship with a Wall bird, he was obviously well versed by the OB. Thing is, he was very game and could hold his hands up, that takes the heat/ any suspicion off somewhat! Remember him away at Boro when we had to fight for our lives, completely outnumbered, but we along with the rat stood our ground,

He changed the names of the pubs and people in the book but you can work out what he's actually on about. The book is mostly accurate to be honest as I went to a lot of games that season and it was pretty much as he described, although I think he bigged up his part. He was involved around the edges but never fully infiltrated and some of the people he set up were nothing to do with our main core which is probably why the attempts at convictions fell through.

To me, he had a wish to be famous. He's tried stand-up and acting and got his film and book so he is an egotist.

I was at the Arsenal Cup game high up in the seats and can clearly remember it going off in the North Bank. A bloke was nicked and managed to wriggle free and run into the Millwall away fans. I can still see it today. Whether that was him or not I don't know, but it definitely happened. That day was carnage. There were thousands of Millwall there that day.

As others have said, he is a snide fucker and has tried to portray himself as some kind of honourable hero, which he certainly is not.

A few images from that Arsenal cup game attached.
That was a mad day from start to finish, stood our ground mostly, but came unstuck afterwards at Highbury corner cause we were to eager when we really should have waited and gone into them nearer the ground. Numbers won that day, they got paid back nicely at a later date.

soXXXXXThat was a mad day from start to finish, stood our ground mostly, but came unstuck afterwards at Highbury corner cause we were to eager when we really should have waited and gone into them nearer the ground. Numbers won that day, they got paid back nicely at a later date.
So you actually remember the geezer Peckham? That's interesting.
I was going at the time albeit on the fringes of any such activities and much of his accounts of the seasons at the end of the 1980s are reasonably accurate.
I didn't particularly use either of the boozers - easy to identify from their code names - he mentions at that time.
Of course that doesn't mean thiat the accounts had to be written by undercover Old Bill, could have been from anyone who was there.
Remember that Operation Dirty Den had just fallen apart prior to promotion along with similar infiltrations at other clubs.
I always believed it very unlikely they would have sent in other coverts so soon afterwards following the scandal over the cost of those trials and of course in the light of those events it was a lot more risky to attempt to infiltrate any of the firms. I remember at the time of promotion there was a lot of suspicion towards any one knew who arrived on the scene - still is to an extent today I guess as Millwall have never been a club to welcome outsiders.
But I have to say having spoken to many who were around from those days a lot think the book is bollocks and no-one I have asked who I would expect to have known - no names here of course - believe he existed as undercover.
Always thought it odd noone recalled him having an affair with the barmaid or the pub losing its licence.
This is of course by no means the first time the subject has arisen on here and again I can't recall anyone acknowledging his existence ,more a case of dismissing the book as a fabrication though I was informed that ID was based on the experiences of someone involved in Dirty Den - this was some time before the book.
However if you do remember Jim from Wandsworth then that changes everything. Peckham.
He didn't half do some amount of drink driving in the book as I recall which again seemed a bit fictitious!

Last edited:
So you actually remember the geezer Peckham? That's interesting.
I was going at the time albeit on the fringes of any such activities and much of his accounts of the seasons at the end of the 1980s are reasonably accurate.
I didn't particularly use either of the boozers - easy to identify from their code names - he mentions at that time.
Of course that doesn't mean thiat the accounts had to be written by undercover Old Bill, could have been from anyone who was there.
Remember that Operation Dirty Den had just fallen apart prior to promotion along with similar infiltrations at other clubs.
I always believed it very unlikely they would have sent in other coverts so soon afterwards following the scandal over the cost of those trials and of course in the light of those events it was a lot more risky to attempt to infiltrate any of the firms. I remember at the time of promotion there was a lot of suspicion towards any one knew who arrived on the scene - still is to an extent today I guess as Millwall have never been a club to welcome outsiders.
But I have to say having spoken to many who were around from those days a lot think the book is bollocks and no-one I have asked who I would expect to have known - no names here of course - believe he existed as undercover.
Always thought it odd noone recalled him having an affair with the barmaid or the pub losing its licence.
This is of course by no means the first time the subject has arisen on here and again I can't recall anyone acknowledging his existence ,more a case of dismissing the book as a fabrication though I was informed that ID was based on the experiences of someone involved in Dirty Den - this was some time before the book.
However if you do remember Jim from Wandsworth then that changes everything. Peckham.
He didn't half do some amount of drink driving in the book as I recall which again seemed a bit fictitious!

Very good post, @The Royal Archer. I think he overexaggerated quite a lot of the personal stuff in the book. I don't know, but I reckon he threw in the barmaid stuff to make it more interesting. I also would doubt he was known as Jim from Wandsworth, that could be an alias of an alias.

I was at the Arsenal and Boro games and his account of both are mostly spot-on. Boro was scary and I was only 13 at the time. I also saw a Brum coach get done in which is in the book too.

Very good post, @The Royal Archer. I think he overexaggerated quite a lot of the personal stuff in the book. I don't know, but I reckon he threw in the barmaid stuff to make it more interesting. I also would doubt he was known as Jim from Wandsworth, that could be an alias of an alias.

I was at the Arsenal and Boro games and his account of both are mostly spot-on. Boro was scary and I was only 13 at the time. I also saw an the Brum coach get done in which is in the book too.
Was that outside the Fox?