Is anyone actually going to The Den to watch England in the World Cup?

I am fully supporting England in whatever competition they are involved. I love my country ,warts and all. As to Dubai I think it is a cheek for other nations to tell the Qataris how they should live and run their country. We get the "hump" when other nations criticise Great Britain. I've been to Doha twice and it is a shitehole but it is their shitehole.

There’s a lot of hypocrisy on here, suddenly everyone is concerned about LGBT rights in Qatar
Not so sure they're concerned but are pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of the players and manager. Bods here and elsewhere that are voicing an opinion aren't the ones talking the knee or wearing pointless armbands whilst profiteering from the things they're supposedly against. But you know that already, you fishing again comrade ?

Not so sure they're concerned but are pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of the players and manager. Bods here and elsewhere that are voicing an opinion aren't the ones talking the knee or wearing pointless armbands whilst profiteering from the things they're supposedly against. But you know that already, you fishing again comrade ?
Fishing? I thought you’d never reply :grinning:
Actually the thread wasn’t actually about the World Cup per say, it just wouldn’t be my cup of tea watching it in the Executive Club (and the sausages are shit) As someone else has already admitted to, I’m not really much of a football fan, just a Millwall fan, I wouldn’t go to a pub to watch Millwall either. Unless it’s at the ground Millwall is far too personal to watch with a load of strangers.
Anyway Peckham, you keeping that hair shirt on for all of the World Cup? You’ve done nothing wrong so I’m not sure why you’re torturing yourself :unsure:

Fishing? I thought you’d never reply :grinning:
I don't believe you :grinning: :clap:

it just wouldn’t be my cup of tea watching it in the Executive Club
Up the workers and proles, i like you're stance!

I’m not really much of a football fan, just a Millwall fan, I wouldn’t go to a pub to watch Millwall either. Unless it’s at the ground Millwall is far too personal to watch with a load of strangers.
Agreed, i'm of the same mindset. Have no idea who half the England squad are or who they kneel for. If there was no Millwall i'd get my fix of football over Peckham rye by watching a Sunday morning game.

Anyway Peckham, you keeping that hair shirt on for all of the World Cup?
Doubtful. i've dumped my anger on here, it's done and i rarely watch England anyway. They're fairly shit and aimless, on top of that i can't be watching a team with no bollox that play sideways and rely on an Kane to dive and cheat for a penalty. That's not how the game should be played so why would i want to watch that?

The World Cup brings many of different football denominations together in unison, John Major called it the feel good factor. The country needs a lift and we could all have a good Christmas if Gaz, Haz and the rest of the guys bring Jules home..

I’ll watch every game. Don’t feel anything like past world cups; time of year, venue, Southgate and all the politics but can’t turn me back. Plus 3 games on some days that’s gonna piss my mrs right off. Love it.
Come on England?

Don’t know what you’re all moaning about, these English fans are having a great time. Although, it is a little suspicious that no white plastic chairs are being aimed about the place…

I wonder if any of them are those that got free flights, match tickets and hotel to write nice things about Qatar! Absolute farce and whitewash.

I wonder if any of them are those that got free flights, match tickets and hotel to write nice things about Qatar! Absolute farce and whitewash.

Worder how many we bumped into at airport.. Qatar Air seemed to fly out every hour- chock full.. There were so many going and lining up for the flights over there that the whole airport would seemingly fill and empty on cue- was mind boggling.
Whites among them right fucking snooty too, real fuck arf out ofmyway types. English, Americans and Germans among them. Not one stewardess we saw was Qatari- western women one and all. We got smashed in with some Italian kid, 20 maybe, who'd just come from watching City- we all just had laughs watching them scurry like rats. Sight to behold- and more "last calls" for flights than I've ever heard.

Bastards! I wasn’t offered a free holiday. Mind you, £60 a day to spend would probably only buy a couple of pints and a maimed immigrant worker to hold them for you.

FIFA is a disgraceful organisation and this World Cup is a farce but I do have to agree with this sentiment from their letter, “But please do not allow football to be dragged into every ideological or political battle that exists.".

FIFA is a disgraceful organisation and this World Cup is a farce but I do have to agree with this sentiment from their letter, “But please do not allow football to be dragged into every ideological or political battle that exists.".
Well they dragged themselves into it and are basically trying to shut down debate. Are they that disconnected from normal people that they didn't think there's be a kick back and revulsion? I don't see them as political battles , i see mass, rank corruption and pure hypocrisy. We've taken the blood money, now please be quiet and take the knee against all forms of discrimination, Do fuck off.

Last edited: