If you needed any more convincing

“lower my expectations” what does that even mean?
Don't be a fucking idiot and expect us to be a premiership side, is that clear enough for you?

I’m not the only supporter on this forum who is unhappy and who have voiced how pissed off they are with Drawett and his negative tactics! Millwall supporters go to games expecting to see a good game of football, to see their side compete, play well, and hopefully win! How many of our supporters on this forum can say they’ve seen much in the way of anything like that, this season?
We were joint sixth in the tablle before Saturday, how is that not being competetive? You come across full of entitlement, same as the Nigels and anoraks. If you've been following us for so long you should know that it won't get much better than this bar the odd good cup run. Every clubs fans wants great football and glory, the reality is that for most of us it's a pipe dream unless we sell out to some oil baron.

Harris, Jackett, Holloway, Lomas now Rowett all serving up cagey and often boring football in this league. That's some coincidence and it'
s been happening for years. When's the last time you see us playing the type of football that you demand?

I think many on here (including myself), get so frustrated with Drawett because we know we have some very good, talented players in our side, and with those players we should be doing better in the league (and in the league table), than we are!
Second, first? ten points clear?
There’s probably more, but I think you get the point I‘m making, and why myself and others on here want Drawett to go!
Contact the chairman with your demands, let us know how you get on. While your'e at it you can provide him with your list of managers and a few hundred grand to pay of Rowett with, all the best

:wave:

Wow, Peckham, so I’m not the only one who, in your words, “like to twist peoples words to suit your argument,” so I’m going to defend myself here!

You pulled out two quotes which were part of one paragraph:

“Reading are no mugs,”
”They’ve lost their last three games,”

What you omitted was the next bit, where I said, ”so it’s a sure fire bet they will be coming to the Den, thinking they can stop the rot by beating us! If they win, they go above us! I’m sure that’s all the motivation they will need!”

With the full paragraph, it reads a bit differently, doesn’t it? Many of us have that sinking feeling when we’re about to play a team that have lost a run of games! There’s always the worry that we are going to be the first team that helps them to “stop the rot.” Do you not think that Reading’s manager will be aware of how we’ve struggled at home, this season? Of course he going to find a way to exploit that, and it’s also his job to get his players fired up to beat us! It‘s such a pity that Drawett can‘t fire up his players, that way as well!

The next point you picked up on was, “Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home!” and you came back with how we’ve played overall this season! That didn’t really address the point i was trying to make, did it?

I will concede that I was using a bit of poetic licence, when I said, “Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home!” I know we have only lost two league games at home, but I do believe that, for the most part, we have not played well at home this season!

So, because I said, “I know the above sounds very pessimistic, but it’s what Drawett has done to me:” you replied, “Perhaps Millwall isn't for you right now!“ Sorry, but even if I walked away from the club I’ve supported for 47 years, it still wouldn’t change how other supporters on here (and many at the Den), feel about Drawett‘s brand of dull, boring, defensive football!

Yet, after I said, “but it’s what Drawett has done to me:” you didn’t include the rest of that paragraph, where I said, “like the players, I’m no longer confident that he can pick the right team, or the right formation, that will help us to victory over any of the above teams we’re due to play in the near future!“

Your reply was, “You were moaning when we went unbeaten, i doubt anything the team does will please you. You're craving for the bigtime with all the other mongs in the premiership won't help you're confidence nor will it make you happy, lower your expectations and get behind our wonderful club.”

Some of those unbeaten games were lacklustre draws we could have won, or lost, and in some of them our players were poor, so yes, when that happens, the team doesn’t please me! Am I the only one on here (or at the Den) that only feels that way, when we’re poor, or shit? Of course not, but you insult me and call me a mong, because I want success for my club, and you don’t! You seem happy to stay a mid table Championship side every season, and that’s your choice, but I don’t insult you for that choice!

I can assure you, it’s not my confidence you should be concerned about, it’s Drawett’s. It’s his lack of confidence to remove the shackles from the team (who also seem to be lacking confidence), which is the reason why the players are not playing to the full potential us supporters know they can!

The only time I’m not happy is when my team is playing poorly, or worse, shit! When that happens, I very much doubt I’m the only supporter who feels that way! You’re telling me to lower my expectations, because you don’t think the club can achieve anything, but then you’re telling me to, ”get behind our wonderful club!”

You could take a leaf out of your own book, and get behind our wonderful club, by not settling for Drawett’s dull, boring and defensive football! At best, he will lead us to mid table obscurity, whilst the likes of Huddersfield and Blackpool (two clubs who are really no better than us), could find themselves at the end of this season, in the play offs! Why? It’s because the managers and players of those two clubs believe they can get there: Drawett and our players don’t. That’s the difference!

It’s my belief that Millwall will always be the bridesmaid and not the bride, so long as Drawett is still in charge of “our wonderful club!”
Will this post be a Limited Series on Netflix?

Convincing enough for me so far

I don't know quite what people are expecting. We don't have a top-half budget, so eighth is pretty damn good in my opinion. I understand that Rowett's approach is dour, but we just don't have the technical players needed to go 'toe to toe' with most teams in this division. The only complaint I have about GR is his habit of going too defensive to 'hold on to what we have'. It doesn't seem to work very often.

I don't know quite what people are expecting. We don't have a top-half budget, so eighth is pretty damn good in my opinion. I understand that Rowett's approach is dour, but we just don't have the technical players needed to go 'toe to toe' with most teams in this division. The only complaint I have about GR is his habit of going too defensive to 'hold on to what we have'. It doesn't seem to work very often.
Said it a few times now, we are two players away from being a very good side.
And in Rowetts defence, he doesn’t have the players he needs to be all out attack.
But he’s still has to be a adventurous at home.

Said it a few times now, we are two players away from being a very good side.
And in Rowetts defence, he doesn’t have the players he needs to be all out attack.
But he’s still has to be a adventurous at home.

Indeed. I don't always think it's about 442 either. It's possible to play an expansive game with a 451 that morphs into 433 in possession. Perhaps, at home, the players find it hard to switch mentality from defensive to attacking. Perhaps they're adversely affected by GR's natural caution.

Indeed. I don't always think it's about 442 either. It's possible to play an expansive game with a 451 that morphs into 433 in possession. Perhaps, at home, the players find it hard to switch mentality from defensive to attacking. Perhaps they're adversely affected by GR's natural caution.
532 without the ball , 352 with the ball . It really should be that simple.
532 / 352 doesn’t have to mean it’s a defensive formation it should be fluid.
Fitness and confidence along with urgency and desire would make it work.
Having said that,
we have played our best football this season when we are 442 the players seem to grow in confidence in this set up.Rowett just needs to pick the right team and be braver at home.
Away from home I don’t think he gets it too wrong, apart from when teams like Huddersfield are there for the taking he should let the team off the leash .