If you needed any more convincing

mfcjohn

In GR's own words in his post match interview from today

If we come away with a point and a clean sheet we are happy.

In GR's own words in his post match interview from today

If we come away with a point and a clean sheet we are happy.
Because he genuinely believes the shit he is spouting, regardless of how it affects the faithful that made their way all the way up to Huddersfield (and the long journey back), and how they would be feeling as they left the ground.

He doesn’t think how much it’s cost a Wall supporter financially, to go and cheer on his/her team, only to see the shit that he himself has caused, by his negative, dull, defensive play!

What he should have said (and anyone of us would have said it if we were the manager), was: “I want to apologise to all the Millwall supporters who made the long trip up to Huddersfield, to cheer on their team. That performance was absolutely terrible, and the players and I take full responsibility for that! We’re sorry we let you down!”

Drawett won’t say that (for the reason I said at the top of this post), and because it would show him up in a bad light, whereas this way, he’s tried to put a positive spin on a loss, with the usual spiel he uses to show everyone how well the club is still doing!

Its bullshit of the highest order and he should be telling it as it really is! He and the players should be ashamed of today’s gutless performance, and if we don’t get a win at home against Reading on Tuesday, Drawett and the players will know what we, the supporters, really think of them, and it won’t be anything positive, that’s for sure!

Last edited:
What he should have said (and anyone of us would have said it if we were the manager), was: “I want to apologise to all the Millwall supporters who made the long trip up to Huddersfield, to cheer on their team. That performance was absolutely terrible, and the players and I take full responsibility for that! We’re sorry we let you down!”
:silly:

He and the players should be ashamed of today’s gutless performance, and if we don’t get a win at home against Reading on Tuesday, Drawett and the players will know what we, the supporters, really think of them, and it won’t be anything positive, that’s for sure!
Yeah that'll upset them and have them crippled with remorese. A good bit of abuse is needed,,,,,,,,,,, Rowett you bounder please amend your ways cause you're causing much upset,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Hitting

Will you be there on Tuesday voicing your rage and displeasure?

Yeah that'll upset them and have them crippled with remorese. A good bit of abuse is needed,,,,,,,,,,, Rowett you bounder please amend your ways cause you're causing much upset,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Hitting

Will you be there on Tuesday voicing your rage and displeasure?
So on Tuesday, if the players give another shit performance like they did on Saturday, or at home to Luton, and we lose, you’re gonna just shrug your shoulders, say nothing and just up and leave the ground?

Reading are no mugs, despite being 2 points and 4 places below us. They’ve lost their last three games, so it’s a sure fire bet they will be coming to the Den, thinking they can stop the rot by beating us! If they win, they go above us! I’m sure that’s all the motivation they will need!

Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home! All they need do is play their tall centre half’s and laugh as Millwall’s little player, Bradshaw, tries to get on the end of high balls that are lumped forward to him, but which he will never connect with, and where he has no secondary forward to help him!

If we lose on Tuesday, there are three other clubs playing that same night that, if they win, can drop us down three league places into 15th! By the end of the following evening, if results go against us, we could be 5 or 6 points away from the play offs! The gap will be widening, and then we play Derby at home (we always struggle to beat teams below us, and Derby are rock bottom), and we’ll probably have even less chance of winning the following game away to Middlesbrough (always a tough place to win), and then we play Bournemouth, where being at home is also not guaranteed a win!

I know the above sounds very pessimistic, but it’s what Drawett has done to me: like the players, I’m no longer confident that he can pick the right team, or the right formation, that will help us to victory over any of the above teams we’re due to play in the near future!

Last edited:
So on Tuesday, if the players give another shit performance like they did on Saturday, or at home to Luton, and we lose, you’re gonna just shrug your shoulders, say nothing and just up and leave the ground?
Yep. That's MillwallI, delete and move on. Same way when we go on a seven game unbeaten run i don't get all delusional about it and expect to be promoted. I don't let a load of overpaid footballers ruin may day or evening, i'm seasoned to it mate. I'll cheer myself up with a Jamaican woodbine whilst reading the meltdowns, irrational reactions and stupidity on here. Then i'll start looking forward to getting behind my team on Saturday!

Reading are no mugs,
They’ve lost their last three games,
:thumbup:

Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home!
Four defeats in 15 games, 2 home, 2 away!

I know the above sounds very pessimistic, but it’s what Drawett has done to me:
Perhapas Millwall isn't for you right now!
I’m no longer confident that he can pick the right team, or the right formation, that we help us to victory over any of the above teams we’re due to play in the near future!
Like most football clubs we'll win some and lose some then draw some, it's the nature of the beast, even for teams much beter equipped than us. It 's not like we're Barcelona is it! You were moaning when we went unbeaten, i doubt anything the team does will please you. You're craving for the bigtime with all the other mongs in the premiership won't help you're confidence nor will it make you happy, lower your expectations and get behind our wonderful club.

Last edited:
Yep. That's MillwallI, delete and move on. Same way when we go on a seven game unbeaten run i don't get all delusional about it and expect to be promoted. I don't let a load of overpaid footballers ruin may day or evening, i'm seasoned to it mate. I'll cheer myself up with a Jamaican woodbine whilst reading the meltdowns, irrational reactions and stupidity on here. Then i'll start looking forward to getting behind my team on Saturday!
:thumbup:

Four defeats in 15 games, 2 home, 2 away!

Perhapas Millwall isn't for you right now!

Like most football clubs we'll win some and lose some then draw some, it's the nature of the beast, even for teams much beter equipped than us. It 's not like we're Barcelona is it! You were moaning when we went unbeaten, i doubt anything the team does will please you. You're craving for the bigtime with all the other mongs in the premiership won't help you're confidence nor will it make you happy, lower your expectations and get behind our wonderful club.
Wow, Peckham, so I’m not the only one who, in your words, “like to twist peoples words to suit your argument,” so I’m going to defend myself here!

You pulled out two quotes which were part of one paragraph:

“Reading are no mugs,”
”They’ve lost their last three games,”

What you omitted was the next bit, where I said, ”so it’s a sure fire bet they will be coming to the Den, thinking they can stop the rot by beating us! If they win, they go above us! I’m sure that’s all the motivation they will need!”

With the full paragraph, it reads a bit differently, doesn’t it? Many of us have that sinking feeling when we’re about to play a team that have lost a run of games! There’s always the worry that we are going to be the first team that helps them to “stop the rot.” Do you not think that Reading’s manager will be aware of how we’ve struggled at home, this season? Of course he going to find a way to exploit that, and it’s also his job to get his players fired up to beat us! It‘s such a pity that Drawett can‘t fire up his players, that way as well!

The next point you picked up on was, “Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home!” and you came back with how we’ve played overall this season! That didn’t really address the point i was trying to make, did it?

I will concede that I was using a bit of poetic licence, when I said, “Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home!” I know we have only lost two league games at home, but I do believe that, for the most part, we have not played well at home this season!

So, because I said, “I know the above sounds very pessimistic, but it’s what Drawett has done to me:” you replied, “Perhaps Millwall isn't for you right now!“ Sorry, but even if I walked away from the club I’ve supported for 47 years, it still wouldn’t change how other supporters on here (and many at the Den), feel about Drawett‘s brand of dull, boring, defensive football!

Yet, after I said, “but it’s what Drawett has done to me:” you didn’t include the rest of that paragraph, where I said, “like the players, I’m no longer confident that he can pick the right team, or the right formation, that will help us to victory over any of the above teams we’re due to play in the near future!“

Your reply was, “You were moaning when we went unbeaten, i doubt anything the team does will please you. You're craving for the bigtime with all the other mongs in the premiership won't help you're confidence nor will it make you happy, lower your expectations and get behind our wonderful club.”

Some of those unbeaten games were lacklustre draws we could have won, or lost, and in some of them our players were poor, so yes, when that happens, the team doesn’t please me! Am I the only one on here (or at the Den) that only feels that way, when we’re poor, or shit? Of course not, but you insult me and call me a mong, because I want success for my club, and you don’t! You seem happy to stay a mid table Championship side every season, and that’s your choice, but I don’t insult you for that choice!

I can assure you, it’s not my confidence you should be concerned about, it’s Drawett’s. It’s his lack of confidence to remove the shackles from the team (who also seem to be lacking confidence), which is the reason why the players are not playing to the full potential us supporters know they can!

The only time I’m not happy is when my team is playing poorly, or worse, shit! When that happens, I very much doubt I’m the only supporter who feels that way! You’re telling me to lower my expectations, because you don’t think the club can achieve anything, but then you’re telling me to, ”get behind our wonderful club!”

You could take a leaf out of your own book, and get behind our wonderful club, by not settling for Drawett’s dull, boring and defensive football! At best, he will lead us to mid table obscurity, whilst the likes of Huddersfield and Blackpool (two clubs who are really no better than us), could find themselves at the end of this season, in the play offs! Why? It’s because the managers and players of those two clubs believe they can get there: Drawett and our players don’t. That’s the difference!

It’s my belief that Millwall will always be the bridesmaid and not the bride, so long as Drawett is still in charge of “our wonderful club!”

You could take a leaf out of your own book, and get behind our wonderful club, by not settling for Drawett’s dull, boring and defensive football!
Eh? what you on about now? Get behind the club by not settling for drawetts ( very charlton by the way) dull, boring and defensive football!. Explain where you get that idea from, where have i said that other than in your strange head. You're a bit of an odd one mate, you are writing stuff that makes no sense and at best bullshit- Again you're imaging stuff or trying to putting words in my mouth.

Reading are no mugs, despite being 2 points and 4 places below us. They’ve lost their last three games, so it’s a sure fire bet they will be coming to the Den, thinking they can stop the rot by beating us! If they win, they go above us! I’m sure that’s all the motivation they will need!

Opposing teams know how to beat a Millwall Drawett team now, especially at home! All they need do is play their tall centre half’s and laugh as Millwall’s little player, Bradshaw, tries to get on the end of high balls that are lumped forward to him, but which he will never connect with, and where he has no secondary forward to help him!

If we lose on Tuesday, there are three other clubs playing that same night that, if they win, can drop us down three league places into 15th! By the end of the following evening, if results go against us, we could be 5 or 6 points away from the play offs! The gap will be widening, and then we play Derby at home (we always struggle to beat teams below us, and Derby are rock bottom), and we’ll probably have even less chance of winning the following game away to Middlesbrough (always a tough place to win), and then we play Bournemouth, where being at home is also not guaranteed a win!

I know the above sounds very pessimistic, but it’s what Drawett has done to me: like the players, I’m no longer confident that he can pick the right team, or the right formation, that will help us to victory over any of the above teams we’re due to play in the near future!
you were obviously not at sheffield or watch the 2nd half against stoke (or maybe fell asleep) ...we've lost 4 in 15 games and you suddenly think we will lose 4 or 5 on the bounce. For all the shit we watch there are some performances in between that get us to midtable...thats what has happened for 2 years now under Rowett. Cant see us suddenly falling off a cliff so cant see why you can be so pessimistic

Eh? what you on about now? Get behind the club by not settling for drawetts ( very charlton by the way) dull, boring and defensive football!. Explain where you get that idea from, where have i said that other than in your strange head. You're a bit of an odd one mate, you are writing stuff that makes no sense and at best bullshit- Again you're imaging stuff or trying to putting words in my mouth.
You told me to “lower your expectations and get behind our wonderful club.”

“lower my expectations” what does that even mean? I support Millwall Football Club! I want the best for it as I’m sure every supporter does! Before Drawett I never went to games with low expectations, even during the last shit season with Harris as manager! I always felt we would give it a go! That’s how Harris wanted to play! Do you think our supporters want to go to games, home or away, and see the shit that Drawett and the players have served up away to Huddersfield, or at home to Luton?

I’m not the only supporter on this forum who is unhappy and who have voiced how pissed off they are with Drawett and his negative tactics! Millwall supporters go to games expecting to see a good game of football, to see their side compete, play well, and hopefully win! How many of our supporters on this forum can say they’ve seen much in the way of anything like that, this season?

I think many on here (including myself), get so frustrated with Drawett because we know we have some very good, talented players in our side, and with those players we should be doing better in the league (and in the league table), than we are! Sure, the side has played well in patches, in some games, and we have got some great results (Sheffield Utd and Barnsley, both away), but consistency has been our problem. We can win at home to Bristol City, then away to Barnsley, and then we capitulate at home to Luton!

It’s not easy to get behind ‘our wonderful club’ when you have a manager who, every game, sets us up not to lose first, instead of taking the attack to the opposition, constantly plays 5 at the back when it’s not warranted, worries more about the opposition than he should do, plays (usually) 1 up top with little or no support for that forward, continuously picks poor players every game (Evans), or puts players in the wrong positions (Jed as a forward!), makes bad choices on loan players (Parrott, Zahore), makes poor substitutions/takes too long to make substitutions, etc. There’s probably more, but I think you get the point I‘m making, and why myself and others on here want Drawett to go!

Yes, I realise other supporters of other clubs are saying the same things about their manager, but I’m not concerned about them, it’s Millwall I care about! Look, if the team went out tonight and took the game to Reading from the first minute and played absolutely brilliantly, but still lost, I could not fault how the players performed, and I’d be praising Drawett as much as the next Wall supporter for trying to give it a go! Will it be like that? Probably not, but we can all live in hope, can’t we?

View attachment 15936
I demand premier football

Cheap shot!

I‘ve never said I demand Prem football. I said I would like to give it a go, as just one season there would make this club financially much better than it currently is! Our gates would go up, and we would be able to attract and buy even better players than we already have!

Unlike you, I don’t think we’d get battered every week! Sure, it would be tough against the top 6, and we could end up where Norwich are at the moment, but there are another 14 teams who we could compete with, and do well enough to finish one place above the relegation line, and survive for a 2nd season! Burnley have done it, and so far survived a few seasons, and I wouldn’t say they are any bigger a club than we are, so why not make a play for the play offs this season, and see what happens!