If West Ham

olderlion50

Had took the cold blow the night of Harry’s testimonial what would our fan base have been we would never have lived it down I do sometimes winder

Had took the cold blow the night of Harry’s testimonial what would our fan base have been we would never have lived it down I do sometimes winder
That night was the only time I have ever been scared at Millwall. I was only a little kid and all these big blokes around me were trying to beat the crap out of one another. I was just stood by the wall over the tunnel minding my own business, honest I was officer

The fighting sounded like thunder.I was only a kid at the time and just watched it.West Ham came up the stairs and got no further than a few yards and got chased back down the steps.

The fighting sounded like thunder.I was only a kid at the time and just watched it.West Ham came up the stairs and got no further than a few yards and got chased back down the steps.

I seem to remember they were in the CBL a little longer than that. I was standing in front of them (behind the goal), by half time they had vanished.

Not true they stayed in the CBL until 20 minutes from the end when weight of numbers saw them finally leave.

Same age as I was, BW and co left with them and chased them all the way back to mile end.

I was fifteen as well... That night, plus the shenanigans over at Wapping (a few months earlier), made me realise that the Mile End Vermin and our lot had some proper nutters who didn't take any prisoners (and didn't for years to come).
Mad days...

Not true they stayed in the CBL until 20 minutes from the end when weight of numbers saw them finally leave.
Herman has it spot on
we were stood just to the right under the old police box near corner flag that night
Saw everything that went on but decided not to join in ;) dont think some spotty little schoolkids were missed

I bet you and others Recall the Barrier collapsing as well . to the right of the cbl
West ham fans also got a awful hiding outside the old Montague Arms pub after the game New X
Lived that way back then

Was a night never to be forgotten , will go down in folklore till the end of time.

Now a few years later and Mile End that was another matter ref to being involved........

Last edited:
him and his lot were all out that night he got home early hours covered in blood and shit the old man loved fun and games
Same as mine. He'd often have swollen hands and a cut here and there when i saw him the next morning after a night game. My old mum would be growling at him as well :)

Staff online

Members online