I see Hickmott and his mates have arrived😎

it although Hislop should be asking questions about the Beeb's stance if he felt so strongly about the situation regarding who is pinching pound notes and the hypocrisy.
He asked Neville who is going. As explained HIGNFY isn't a BBC production, Hislop is being paid by the makers of it.

The cleaners are probably working for a contractor and couldn't give a toss either way
As is Hislop!

This. As I’ve said before. Whilst Qatars human rights history is questionable to say the least, nothing was said when the WC was held in Russia, who have equally questionable human rights history or Argentina in 78 when the government was a military junta who was killing its own people at the time.

it is the hypocrisy of the players, fa and the media that boils my piss. Won’t be watching a second.
I think in the past with Russia and Argentina you make a good point in regards to human rights, you can also include Japan and South Africa as well but during them World Cups the players and FIFA were mainly concerned for the safety of travelling fans to which the countries hosting reassured them they would be safe and did so.
By choosing to back and promote one political movement bringing politics into football but ignoring other major concerns makes them hypocrites especially with the money involved in this tournament.
It's the same with music when a band starts supporting political movements/ideals they become a political band. Music and football are escapes from reality for a lot of people keep politics out of it.

Another piece of meaningless woke bollocks. I thought there was a fifa ruling that said you couldn’t have more the 3 colours on your shirt, but I don’t know if it includes the badge.
That'll tell 'em won't it? Utterly pointless grandstanding now.
My youngest's first real World Cup (as '82 was for me) as well and every day she's asking me about this team or that and I really just don't care!

Another piece of meaningless woke bollocks. I thought there was a fifa ruling that said you couldn’t have more the 3 colours on your shirt, but I don’t know if it includes the badge.
Yeah, but the LGBTQ community is a special case, though.

Every footballer, in that US team playing in the WC have been told, regardless of weather they’re bombing down the wing, or running through midfield, or they‘ve stopped to take a free kick or a throw in, to make sure at all times that one of their hands is pulling that badge crest out and away from their chest, just so the cameras can see it - thereby letting everyone watching at home, know how terribly, terribly inclusive 21st Century footballers can be!

Loud and Proud, baby! Loud and Proud!

I think in the past with Russia and Argentina you make a good point in regards to human rights, you can also include Japan and South Africa as well but during them World Cups the players and FIFA were mainly concerned for the safety of travelling fans to which the countries hosting reassured them they would be safe and did so.
By choosing to back and promote one political movement bringing politics into football but ignoring other major concerns makes them hypocrites especially with the money involved in this tournament.
It's the same with music when a band starts supporting political movements/ideals they become a political band. Music and football are escapes from reality for a lot of people keep politics out of it.
Good points.

A bit harsh in my opinion, plus HIGNFY isn't done by the BBC, they just air it. Should people that clean the BBC studios resign? Have you stopped paying your licence fee's cause they're showing it. if you do pay for one? He's not taking a penny from Qater wheras Neville and CO will be, a completely different arguement and level of cuntishness and hypocrisy, in my opinion.

Hislop has used his position to speak out about it whilst humilating a hypocrite that will go and take the blood money. Neville and Co have power, they have a platform but will do and say fuck all. Hislop has my utmost respect for saying what he did.
Spot on.

It's one thing to be directly involved as the players, managers, commenters, pundits, etc. are, and something completely different to be a UK-based BBC/ ITV employee with no involvement in this fiasco.

As for Neville himself: If he makes a statement on live TV from Qatar stating that the WC should never have been awarded to them in the first place, that there was more than a whiff of corruption about it, that the treatment of migrant workers is a disgrace and that the continued persecution of homosexuals has no place in a civilised society in 2022 then he might recover some of his reputation. Of course, he won't as it would be rude to upset your hosts.

Spot on.

It's one thing to be directly involved as the players, managers, commenters, pundits, etc. are, and something completely different to be a UK-based BBC/ ITV employee with no involvement in this fiasco.

As for Neville himself: If he makes a statement on live TV from Qatar stating that the WC should never have been awarded to them in the first place, that there was more than a whiff of corruption about it, that the treatment of migrant workers is a disgrace and that the continued persecution of homosexuals has no place in a civilised society in 2022 then he might recover some of his reputation. Of course, he won't as it would be rude to upset your hosts.
And late one night he might be sleeping soundly and then in the morning he won’t be there, having been spirited away by the Qatari death Squads.

I worked in Qatar twice mid-90s on a tour (musical not military) of the Gulf. Fucking hated the whole area apart from Oman where the locals are actually half decent and used to knock 7 bells out of each other in my hotel disco😂 Qatar was the biggest shithole in an area which is one huge shithole. Nothing there at all except desert then. If someone had asked me to bet on whether they'd be holding a World Cup in 2022 I'd have put my house against it. Unfuckingbelievable.

The rainbow bollox is part of the sprortswashing that's used to bury bad news, distraction politics in play. It moves us away from the deaths, use of slave labour and all round exploitation from the top down. If they really supported poofery they wouldn't be taking milliions from a regime that whips. beats and murders those that participate ina bit of up hill gardening.

As for Neville himself: If he makes a statement on live TV from Qatar stating that the WC should never have been awarded to them in the first place, that there was more than a whiff of corruption about it, that the treatment of migrant workers is a disgrace and that the continued persecution of homosexuals has no place in a civilised society in 2022 then he might recover some of his reputation.
Even then, to me it would stink of sheer hypocrisy and emptiness. The time to do that has long sailed. They'll come up with something, but won't detract from the fact that they're there and profiteering from other peoples misery and loss.

According to another, 🦁 website Hickmott fighting cancer at the moment, and not doing well, living in Thailand.
His mate Marriner set up a crowd funding page to help with his treatment.

Last edited: