Hutch

silverlion

Staff member
…..out for 6/7 weeks according to London News Online.

A big loss because he is a good defender and he drives us on from the back. Fortunately he may only miss 5 games because the international break comes at the beginning of next month. We do have cover for him but it is not as good as having him in the team. Some game time for Pearce or move Leonard to right sided CB? It is not ideal.

He is not the only option. If we were really pressed then we might use Alex Mitchell or Leonard as the right sided defender. I don’t think we should consider signing another defender!

Five at the back is his favoured formation away from home so I can’t see a change tomorrow. However, at home is a possibility and he did change on Tuesday. Maybe he might try it out in the Cobblers Cup game on Tuesday?

Five at the back is his favoured formation away from home so I can’t see a change tomorrow. However, at home is a possibility and he did change on Tuesday. Maybe he might try it out in the Cobblers Cup game on Tuesday?
Northampton? Bloody hell! I missed that.

If it's at the County Ground, I'll be there. Who is at home?

Hutch is a bigger loss to us than anyone realises, not only is he a great CH but he’s the organiser at the back, something unfortunately Cooper isn’t.

Very few professionals have the ability to not only worry about their own job and positioning whilst a game is underway but also to be aware of others and everything going on around them.

I firmly believe that Blackburn would never of scored that goal if Hutch had of been playing and setting us up to defend. Every Millwall defender was facing our own goal and I firmly believe there’s no way he would of left Bereton-Dias to be marked by McNamara. We were also too deep in our own area and I have constantly witnessed Hutch moving the line up.

He’s a great loss and before anyone jumps on my back I am in no way mocking Cooper, Wallace or Ballard here for their defensive displays. All are great defenders but that doesn’t make them great organisers.

Hutch has been so important to our team since his move from Fulham
Apart from his defensive abilities and organisations he has scored a good
number of goals none more important than the late winner at Bristol Rovers
He has been picking up injuries over the last couple of seasons that take
a long time to recover from and this is a big disappointment to him and
the team. Get well soon Hutch

Hutch has been so important to our team since his move from Fulham
Apart from his defensive abilities and organisations he has scored a good
number of goals none more important than the late winner at Bristol Rovers
He has been picking up injuries over the last couple of seasons that take
a long time to recover from and this is a big disappointment to him and
the team. Get well soon Hutch
This.
And I remember him scoring a bullet header against Norwich in front of the South stand. No finer sight than seeing that.