How much wages have offloaded

LeonC

As it stands in terms of salaries we have offloaded a shed load and probably the majority of the biggest earners.

Matt Smith
Bodvarsson
Kiefdenbeld
Wallace
Afobe
Burke
OJO
Freeman
Thompson
Pearce
Lovelace
Ballard
Mahoney
Romeo

Of course that don’t make up for being currently short of players but that’s enormous amount of money IMO.

Free‘s up money to bring in a bit more quality. Burke, Ballard? Ferguson?
Honeyman? But whoever comes in, they must be better quality replacements.

As it stands in terms of salaries we have offloaded a shed load and probably the majority of the biggest earners.

Matt Smith
Bodvarsson
Kiefdenbeld
Wallace
Afobe
Burke
OJO
Freeman
Thompson
Pearce
Lovelace
Ballard
Mahoney
Romeo

Of course that don’t make up for being currently short of players but that’s enormous amount of money IMO.

Unless I'm being backward, that is a saving of over £100k a week!!!

Mahoney, Wallace and Mahoney alone were on at least £15k a week each.

Matt Smith
Bodvarsson
Kiefdenbeld
Wallace
Afobe
Burke
OJO
Freeman
Thompson
Pearce
Lovelace
Ballard
Mahoney
Romeo

I make that lot about 7 million a year after a quick fag packet calculation.

That is an incredible amount of money. I know football has a lot of dosh but those are fucking ridiculous numbers for a club like ours. £7m a year. Jesus.

I actually think your fag packet calculation is very conservative. I am sure in the last published accounts our wage bill was something like 14m. If you look at who’s gone and what we have left, theirs no way that’s another 7m ?

I actually think your fag packet calculation is very conservative. I am sure in the last published accounts our wage bill was something like 14m. If you look at who’s gone and what we have left, theirs no way that’s another 7m ?
Also the club pays employers national insurance on top of wages which is now 15.05%.

That is an incredible amount of money. I know football has a lot of dosh but those are fucking ridiculous numbers for a club like ours. £7m a year. Jesus.
Squad is now down to bare bones thinnest it has been for years. We will need at least 6 new additions before start of new season with 5 subs ruling so that £7m will get used up very quickly

You could well be right.
Problem is since I gave up smoking I don’t have a decent fag packet on which to make my calculations.😝😝😝😝