How long have you been going Wall?

Peckham Lion

Staff member
This will be my 44th season, i think it was against Stoke in 77 that my old man decided to blood me. Didn't pay much attention to the games at first as i was probably a bit to young, but more the fact that i was fascinated by the place and people. Seeing the pitch in all it's glory for the first time was fucking superb as i'd only ever seen bits and pieces on the telly. There was a fair crowd that day and lots of swearing and laughter. I got a program and a bag of nuts and was told to by man old man not to fuck about and behave :hehe: What's your story/ memories of your first time?

I was two when my Dad took me and I am now 71. I wasn’t much interested in the football but the bottles of pop and the nuts were much to my liking. My Dad spent several moments taking me to the toilet and missing bits of the action and goals. He confided in my Mum that he missed some of the action and he questioned whether it was worth taking me. At which point I told him that it was good to go to the Den and I wanted to go again. And….69 years later I am still going!

This will be my 44th season, i think it was against Stoke in 77 that my old man decided to blood me. Didn't pay much attention to the games at first as i was probably a bit to young, but more the fact that i was fascinated by the place and people. Seeing the pitch in all it's glory for the first time was fucking superb as i'd only ever seen bits and pieces on the telly. There was a fair crowd that day and lots of swearing and laughter. I got a program and a bag of nuts and was told to by man old man not to fuck about and behave :hehe: What's your story/ memories of your first time?
85/86 for me mate.

Too young to remember being carried on the old fellas shoulders shouting millwall Tanner a bag. A reference to the the geezer selling the peanuts late sixties as we walked through the cold blow.

First proper memory thumping Luton 4-0 in the 70-71 season I think. Malcolm McDonald was playing for them and we sat in the forecourt , I would have been 7 years old.

37 year's I think 83 my first game , was about 13 ,never really had a club as a kid Liverpool and Man u were all that Match and Shoot went on about and Palace was up the road but I could not support a team called Crystal Palace, but knew Mum lived in new cross and met my Dad in the New x Inn but I lived in Brixton from age 2 no Dad to get me into football ,one day we drove to Abbey Wood to see family and Mum pointed out where she lived ,saw Millwall fans going to game and tought It's local I will have a look one day , so one day took myself to the Den ,stood in CBL and loved it ,I'd found my club ,my type of people (nutters) and the rest is history as they say .There was a lot of Chelsea around my way and if I'd not gone Wall that day I'd probably be Chelsea ,thank god for small mercy's eh :thumbup: