Here’s A Revolutionary Thought.

Polegate Lion

I don’t know about anyone else but I really get the hump over how long it takes from a goal being scored to when everyone’s ready to kick off again. Maybe I notice it more after we’ve just conceded.

The normal procedure seems to be, score a goal then run over to the corner flag. This is followed by the entire team congratulating the goal scorer with a bit of friendly pushing and shoving before ambling back to the centre circle for the restart five minutes later.

My solution to all this crap is as soon as a goal goes in there should be a thirty second countdown clock on the big screen. The team that’s conceded can kick off at the zero mark no matter whether the other team are in position or not. That should sort all this time wasting bullshit out once and for all.

I don’t know about anyone else but I really get the hump over how long it takes from a goal being scored to when everyone’s ready to kick off again. Maybe I notice it more after we’ve just conceded.

The normal procedure seems to be, score a goal then run over to the corner flag. This is followed by the entire team congratulating the goal scorer with a bit of friendly pushing and shoving before ambling back to the centre circle for the restart five minutes later.

My solution to all this crap is as soon as a goal goes in there should be a thirty second countdown clock on the big screen. The team that’s conceded can kick off at the zero mark no matter whether the other team are in position or not. That should sort all this time wasting bullshit out once and for all.

I asume you are talking about the opposition?

:grinning:

Players should have time to celebrate, it’s for the fans and especially for us because we don’t see many goals so enjoy the 5 mins of celebration.

But hate it when other teams do it against us, they can f@@k off and that 30 sec clock of yours should kick in

Totally agree! Great idea.

I find anything more than a handshake, a slap on the back and a one second hug absolutely nauseating.

Campaign for Real Football...

Last edited:
Totally agree! Great idea.

I find anything more than a hankshake, a slap on the back and a one second hug absolutely nauseating.

Campaign for Real Football...

Oh for the good old days.

Now it always seems to be a knee slide followed by some sort of ridiculous hand jive movement.

Didn’t sheff wed do this to us a few years back and we lit went mental at them for it for years to come? Be careful what ya wish for.

No I don't agree, some of my greatest memory's are from players running towards the fans after we score.

No I don't agree, some of my greatest memory's are from players running towards the fans after we score.
Yeah, and when we ran on the pitch to celebrate with them Morison called us all c***s (are we allowed to say that?)

Didn’t sheff wed do this to us a few years back and we lit went mental at them for it for years to come? Be careful what ya wish for.
Quick free kick from a disallowed goal that has originally been given when the referee pointed to the halfway line to denote we had scored, then changed his mind. Not from a kick off.

Different thing.

Totally agree