Harry McKirdy deal done

It’s a cross football families have to bear, unfortunately! :grinning:

I had fucking years of it when they were in the Prem, lording it over me as a Wall supporter, so it’s fucking karma that the grief is returned!

I love my cousins very much, but they are tapped, delusional anoraks and therefore I hold them at arms length for as long as I’m able to (weddings, parties, reunions, not withstanding!)

"tapped"

love it :ROFLMAO:

I get the not wanting to be held to ransom bit, but I thought (and I’m happy to be corrected on this), Forest had offered £1.5M for Jed?

That fee would have almost paid for Flemming!

Not if we had ended up in League One, or the bottom end of the table. We wouldn't even had a sniff at him. Also, we would have been running around looking for a last minute, over-priced replacement, and again, being held to ransom by agents.

For me, the club did the right thing holding onto him. We had a good end to the season and finished in a decent position. Because of that finish, we cemented our position as an established Championship club. That alone, probably made it easier to get the players in we have done, along with Adobe returning for another stint.

Personally, I thought he was a very good player, served the club well and was much needed in the squad the second half of the season. But, for me, he certainly wasn't great, and worth a valuation of 9 million. (and that was probably just car park bollocks).

I’m starting to think that McKirdy signing for us is an actual hoax now!

The only place anyone on here has seen about a potential move, was on Wikipedia (and we all know that information can be changed and updated by anyone!)

Can’t find anything on any social media channels, and Cawley hasn’t (as far as I know) dropped any Twitter hints, but the one thing that’s making me feel this is all bollox now, is that on the Swindon football Facebook page, someone said they had seen a message from McKirdy on his IG account, letting the supporters know he was getting on the team bus, ready for the trip up to Harrogate!

Can’t see GR agreeing to McKirdy playing for Swindon one last time, today, before signing with us on Monday!

I would be more than happy to be wrong on this, but I think info coming from the actual player on his IG account, trumps any other speculation!

Flash little fucker, cant remember the last one of them we had. As long as he does the business he can have any fucking haircut he wants.

I mentioned his name a few weeks ago as the sort of gamble we should take. If the club have, with some good players around him, I think it's a very good gamble. Well played wall if it's true

Long time lurker here but had to comment on Harry McKirdy.

The man sounds a compete bellend and we should steer well clear. A mate who is a big Swindon fan can't see him being a fit a for us. McGirdy is a massive Chelsea fan, and will go watch them at any opportunity, worse still, refers the them as "The Chels" and plasters it all over Instagram. If dropped he'll throw the toys out the pram and dissappear, rather than be on the bench. His favourite phrase on social media is propa wallop after a win or "The Chels" win. The pic below is what he wore to the EFL awards end of last season, he never took off the hat or the glasses all evening. Link to his Instagram below.

No doubt he has something about him and he's universally hated across league 2 which both would normally go down well with our support but this bloke just looks and sounds embarrassing. I'd be surprised if the club hadn't done due diligence and I hope it works out if the rumours are true....... Have my doubts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-083306_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-083306_WhatsApp.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 50