Harry McKirdy deal done

Just hang on a little old minute.
You can't take the credit for him signing only if he turns out to be any good.
Sorry, it don't work like that.
If he's good, we will doff our caps to your judgement, but if he ain't it will be entirely down to you.
OK? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
He’ll be shit then!

Getting in my excuses now! 🤣

Disagree strongly. No replacement at the time, wasn't going to risk relegation and JB showed we don't bow to any cunt or club. We'd have got fuck all for him as Forests bid proved, the club done the right thing, in my opinion. Anyway, fuck him, the Essex looking gimp.
Hmmm.

Would we have got relegated without Jed, had Forest bought him in January? I mean, the bloke didn’t exactly pull up any trees after he came back from injury, and in the last few games (where we had to keep up with those in and around 6th spot), he didn’t take those games by the scruff of the neck and drag us over the line, so we lost out on a play off place and some sort of fee from Forest!

Like you say, though - Fuck him, he’s history now!

Must of done, as his contract with them has one year to go - ends June 2023.

Swindon doing with McKirdy what we should have done with Jed!

Wasn't it just a case of; he was offered a contract but didn't want it (for whatever reasons). We needed him for the season, even if was just to make up the numbers but, were not prepared to be held to ransom, so probably, the best thing would be to just let him go at the end of the season?

That left him happy in his head that he would get a *dream* move, with no tantrums or bad feelings from him, meaning that he would continue to put in a shift. (which he did - he's a good professional, or was... :innocent: ).

Judging by the way things have turned out...it could well be he needed us more than we needed him. His dream move was...??
Oh fuck it...I can't remember the name of the team.
:grinning:

Would we have got relegated without Jed, had Forest bought him in January? I mean, the bloke didn’t exactly pull up any trees after he came back from injury,
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! You don't sell or give away your prized asset when relegation was still a possibility, a small one but one all the same.
so we lost out on a play off place and some sort of fee from Forest!
The other way of looking at it is we secured our status and showed that we don't bow to greedy agents and players. It will stand us in good stead for the future.

In addition to my post above, he should be hungry to impress too.
Better than a prem loanee who is already on 20 grand a week while not playing for their own club.

I bet he shows much more appetite for the fight than Ojo did last year, for example.

Plus, we are not going to develop another club's player sufficient that we can't afford to buy them. He'll be our player and any good things he does will only benefit Millwall.

I have no doubt about the voracity of this signing, it's just I can find fuck all mention of it anywhere. Or is it being done on the quiet?

Wasn't it just a case of; he was offered a contract but didn't want it (for whatever reasons). We needed him for the season but, were not prepared to be held to ransom so the best thing would be to just let him go at the end of the season?

That left him happy in his head that he would get a *dream* move, with no tantrums or bad feelings from him, meaning that he would continue to put in a shift. (which he did - he's a good professional, or was... :innocent: ).

Judging by the way things have turned out...it could well be he needed us more than we needed him. His dream move was...??
Oh fuck it...I can't remember the name of the team.
:grinning:
I get the not wanting to be held to ransom bit, but I thought (and I’m happy to be corrected on this), Forest had offered £1.5M for Jed?

Of course Millwall valued him at £9M, but I don’t think any of us thought we would get anywhere near that estimation, what with Jed being in his last few months with us, and if memory serves, I don’t think there were any other clubs that actually came in to start a bidding war with Forest, so wouldn’t £1.5M have been better than the square route of fuck all - which is what we ended up with?

That fee would have almost paid for Flemming!

I have no doubt about the voracity of this signing, it's just I can find fuck all mention of it anywhere. Or is it being done on the quiet?
Yes, it’s a bit worrying!

I’ve looked on the SLP website, Swindon forums and newspapers (Swindon’s and the London red tops) and found nada!

Hope this isn’t a hoax, as I’ve already been crowing to my spotter cousins about us nicking McKirdy from them!

They are absolutely fucked off about it! 🤣

In addition to my post above, he should be hungry to impress too.
Better than a prem loanee who is already on 20 grand a week while not playing for their own club.

I bet he shows much more appetite for the fight than Ojo did last year, for example.

Plus, we are not going to develop another club's player sufficient that we can't afford to buy them. He'll be our player and any good things he does will only benefit Millwall.

A very good point. We have a much better record of players coming from lower division clubs and doing well than big money signings - I suppose that is a mentality thing about the club.

Highlights reels are always notoriously difficult to judge upon but he looks like a bit of a character, which, haircut aside, is no bad thing. He plays on the left and comes inside and seems to arrive in the box to finish and looks to be more of a wide forward than an out-and-out striker.

Yes, it’s a bit worrying!

I’ve looked on the SLP website, Swindon forums and newspapers (Swindon’s and the London red tops) and found nada!

Hope this isn’t a hoax, as I’ve already been crowing to my spotter cousins about us nicking McKirdy from them!

They are absolutely fucked off about it! 🤣

Very sorry to hear about your cousins being spotters. My brother-in-law is one and I know how hard it can be for a Millwall family.

The posters on here are pretty reliable when it comes to transfers.

I would guess that a few clubs were in for him and had a deal virtually done then we got wind of it and as a player we've had an eye on for a while by all accounts, moved in and gazumped the fuckers.

Very sorry to hear about your cousins being spotters. My brother-in-law is one and I know how hard it can be for a Millwall family.
It’s a cross football families have to bear, unfortunately! :grinning:

I had fucking years of it when they were in the Prem, lording it over me as a Wall supporter, so it’s fucking karma that the grief is returned!

I love my cousins very much, but they are tapped, delusional anoraks and therefore I hold them at arms length for as long as I’m able to (weddings, parties, reunions, not withstanding!)

so wouldn’t £1.5M have been better than the square route of fuck all - which is what we ended up with?
We had no replacement for him. Flemming was lined up but his club wouldn't sell until their season finished. We were not safe from relegation in January. The money we get from staying in this league far outweighs the measly £1 million on offer. We have got out highest payed player off our wage bill and his replacemnt earns half of what Wallace did. It really is quite simple. We have ended up better off financially and still in the league we need to be in.