Hanley Town v Brackley Town FA Cup nw

PurleyLion

Staff member
On the BBC Red button, entering the last 10 minutes.

More entertaining than watching Premiership live.

Brackley have a couple of decent players, the best Lee Ndlova, tricky 👍

Last edited:
Ryan Shotton, ex-Middlesbrough and several others, makes an excellent tackle, wins the ball cleanly and gets sent off for his efforts 🤦‍♂️ Poor decision :shake:

On the BBC Red button, entering the last 10 minutes.

More entertaining than watching Premiership live.

Brackley have a couple of decent players, the best Lee Ndlova, tricky 👍
Watched him since he was a kid come through at Brackley. He's not a Football League quality player. Trust me.

Remember the level he was playing against today.

I was at Northampton today. Now, Sutton definitely have a player we should start tracking.

Which one?
I noticed Tanto wasn't playing and there was a female ref.
Yes, slight muscle niggle in training on Friday. Not old injury coming back. He'll be fit for next game, apparently. Could have been on bench yesterday but decided to take no chances.

Didn't need him. Should have won 4 or 5-0.

The female ref did fine. Let the game go a bit more than usual, but partly because she didn't pick out some of the old tricks.

So entertaining stuff. Been mates with N'ton manager for over 20 years. But must say it was good watching a bit of football history with Sutton recording their first-ever away win in the Football League.

Just so good to see attacking football.

Last edited:
Yes, slight muscle niggle in training on Friday. Not old injury coming back. He'll be fit for next game, apparently. Could have been on bench yesterday but decided to take no chances.

Didn't need him. Should have won 4 or 5-0.

The female ref did fine. Let the game go a bit more than usual, but partly because she didn't pick out some of the old tricks.

So entertaining stuff. Been mates with N'ton manager for over 20 years. But must say it was good watching a bit of football history as Sutton recording their first-ever away win in the Football League.

Just so good to see attacking football.

Was Sid Nelson in their squad yesterday. I’m sure he went to Northampton from Tranmere but I haven’t seen or heard much of him.

Was Sid Nelson in their squad yesterday. I’m sure he went to Northampton from Tranmere but I haven’t seen or heard much of him.
Sid played around 5/6 matches back and was at fault, one way or another, for all 3 goals conceded by Northampton and since hasn’t made the bench!

I suspect he could be on his way to the Conference at the end of the season 😔

Sid played around 5/6 matches back and was at fault, one way or another, for all 3 goals conceded by Northampton and since hasn’t made the bench!

I suspect he could be on his way to the Conference at the end of the season 😔
Actually, Purley, one of the Northampton coaches told me he did his knee ligaments in training about three weeks ago.

No fixed date for his expected return yet.