Hampshire Travel

elgimpo

Good morning, There is a lot of disruption on trains today extending from London down this way. Does anyone from Basingstoke Reading area have a spare seat for today? Thanks in advance. COYL

Hope you got to the game :thumbup:
I had to stop off at Andover on way home from Devon on Friday... is it the town that time forgot? Boy racers playing crap music loudly while driving around (4 in the space of a few mins, 3 of them black), some old drunk being picked up by plod... and a group of 14 year old girls screaming and swearing at each other while throwing their McDonald's wrappers down on the path.. weird fkin place

I had to stop off at Andover on way home from Devon on Friday... is it the town that time forgot? Boy racers playing crap music loudly while driving around (4 in the space of a few mins, 3 of them black), some old drunk being picked up by plod... and a group of 14 year old girls screaming and swearing at each other while throwing their McDonald's wrappers down on the path.. weird fkin place
It’s always been a town that time forgot. The rude boys are a recent development Hurlock, when I moved here over 30 years ago the entertainment on a Saturday night was the bumpkins fighting with the squaddies. The upshot is the villages on the outskirts and not much traffic.

Couldn't tell you where I was mate... but daughter is gluten intolerant and wanted a subway and sat nav took us there. A BP garage with a McDonald's next to it and a subway inside.. retail park next door I think and what looked like a little estate behind...

There’s also a gym right next to McDonalds 😀

The estates on that side of Andover were built in the 60s/70s with the London spill over. In fact that is the reason I met my wife when I first visited. Her granddad worked for the GLC as part of the housing development and was a Millwall supporter. She saw my Millwall top and it got us talking.