GR contract

'ArryBoy

I gather he has still not signed a new contract. Would not be surprised if he went up norf. Would like the MK Dons manager.

As much as I hate his cautious style of.football, I think he has earned the right.to a.Third crack at the cherry. If he were to quit, that would confirm his lack of ambition and resolve to succeed. The only takers for his services would be in the lower divisions.

Isn't he just about to be given a 1million war chest to spend?
I doubt a £1M war chest is going to be enough for a re-build this summer!

All of our five loanees are heading back to their respective clubs, with no news yet as to whether we can sign any of them, or have them back on loan (either way, the weekly salaries of Afobe, Burke and Ojo will be at least what they were this season.) Freeman won’t be wanted, and Ballard won’t be back with us!

If we can’t get one or more of these players back, we could potentially be down a total of 6 players, as Jed, Pearce and Mahoney won’t be playing for us next season!

Apologies in advance for the amount of Statwankery that’s coming up!

So, assuming Rowett can replace those six players, just as loanees from Prem or Championship clubs, how much is each player going to cost? If we’re paying half of each players weekly salary (half of Afobe’s and Ojo‘s weekly salary was costing us £15,000 and £16,500 respectively), then depending on how good the player is that we want (and which club he’s coming from), we could be paying out anywhere between £10,000 - £15,000 a week, just for 1 player!

If we took an average from that of £12,500 (over a 46 week season), that’s a total payout of £575,000! Times that by another 5 players, and you’re looking at a grand total of £3,450,000 for 6 players!

And that figure would be more if some of those 6 players were actually signed by the club, as I’m sure each transfer and signing on fees won’t come cheap!

We also have an additional worry in that Bart, Long, Malone and Evans are going into their last contract year, and if Rowett wants to keep any of them, he’s going to have to tie them into another contract (which means more money), or risk losing them on a free, which is what has happened with Jed and Mahoney!

Will Rowett go for 6 incoming players, or will it be a mixture of a couple of loans, and/or transfer signings, or both, as well as bring in some more U23 players to fill the gaps?

I thought I heard some time ago back in Jan he was eyeing up a move away, I think this is his final year on his contract? At the end of the day, being in with a shout of the play offs every season with the budget he is being given to spend cannot be underestimated or undervalued.

I think Berylson and the board walk around with shit in their eyes sometimes and expect us to always be able to punch well above our weight. Having an experienced manager like Rowett in charge working miracles on a small budget is great, but he's proved himself capable of managing the club and needs to be given the trust by Berylson that he can help us take the next step and become serious promotion contenders. You can't go backwards from our position that Rowett has built us up to, that would be a huge failure.

I'm not talking about ripping up all our structure, but roll the dice a little. Invest in the right areas, players with resale value, and have a go. There's little danger in that. The only danger is continuing to penny pinch and finding ourselves in the bottom half, flirting with relegation with a frustrated demotivated manager and a squad that lacks value.

I think Berylson and the board walk around with shit in their eyes sometimes and expect us to always be able to punch well above our weight. Having an experienced manager like Rowett in charge working miracles on a small budget is great, but he's proved himself capable of managing the club and needs to be given the trust by Berylson that he can help us take the next step and become serious promotion contenders. You can't go backwards from our position that Rowett has built us up to, that would be a huge failure.
I said something similar about a year or so ago, that at some point JB is going to have to find a decent wedge of money to take this club forward! We cannot be allowed to get into a relegation battle next season, especially if we haven’t recruited the same or better players, the likes of which we’re gonna lose this summer! Relegation would be a disaster, having spent years now in this division as a Championship club! I doubt any of us would want the club struggling in league 1, as the spotters are! They probably never thought they’d be in the position they now find themselves, but it doesn’t take much to get where they are now!
I'm not talking about ripping up all our structure, but roll the dice a little. Invest in the right areas, players with resale value, and have a go.
This is why I mentioned before about JB bringing in a major investor, maybe an individual or a company (like Huski), who will eventually become the owner, but till then JB stays in charge and carries on making the right financial decisions!
There's little danger in that. The only danger is continuing to penny pinch and finding ourselves in the bottom half, flirting with relegation with a frustrated demotivated manager and a squad that lacks value.
And that’s happened to us many times! It doesn’t have to be inevitable that that has to happen! Look at Luton, and what they’ve achieved in the 10 or 11 years since playing in the conference! They are potentially 3 games away from possible promotion!

Maybe best for Millwall if Rowett does leave, we know what he is capable of and we know the finances of MFC are. Last thing we need is a drawn out process when playing options are getting signed up.

I thought I heard some time ago back in Jan he was eyeing up a move away, I think this is his final year on his contract? At the end of the day, being in with a shout of the play offs every season with the budget he is being given to spend cannot be underestimated or undervalued.

I'm not talking about ripping up all our structure, but roll the dice a little. Invest in the right areas, players with resale value, and have a go. There's little danger in that. The only danger is continuing to penny pinch and finding ourselves in the bottom half, flirting with relegation with a frustrated demotivated manager and a squad that lacks value.
And dwindling crowds and less TV time if you go this route

Think some need to be careful what they wish for. We are becoming a very fickle group. It wasn't long ago many wanted him out...the last 6 weeks or so that logic was questioned and the very same wanted him to stay.... Neither Dyche or Warbutton will come to us. My take is he will be at the Den next year after a sound finish to the season