Gary Rowett

JB would be nuts to let this manager go.
Rowett must stay and continue his good work.
Look at some of the utter c***s currently employed in the Championship.
GR will do for me despite the frustration sometimes.
Wigan and Rotherham are not going to have the money to worry us, Reading and Birmingham have financial problems and there must be other clubs in our league where the 2 previous seasons are going to catch up with them financially, which all means we should be able to bring in some younger players who will need time to be regular starters for us without the worry of relegation.
Give Rowett his new deal and let him build his own squad.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he left and makes bones about it, he would not hesitate in leaving if he had a sniff at a midlands club. His football is boring and the only reason we are so high in the division is because it is a shit league.

That said I can’t see the board letting him go after another relatively safe season. He is the ideal manager for the board, safe from relegation and no real threat of promotion, so they don’t have to weigh out for better players.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he left and makes bones about it, he would not hesitate in leaving if he had a sniff at a midlands club. His football is boring and the only reason we are so high in the division is because it is a shit league.

That said I can’t see the board letting him go after another relatively safe season. He is the ideal manager for the board, safe from relegation and no real threat of promotion, so they don’t have to weigh out for better players.
Considering JB puts in around 8m+ a season, wouldn't that mean we are already weighing out for better players?

get sean dyche in ,Rowett mde me unwell wacthing the sh...t that we was playing at one stage and i think it will return. In all the years of wacthing millwall that was the frist time i see a wall team at time s play with no passion etc

I like Rowett and be more than happy for him to stay. Of course there are better managers out there but he has delivered for us. We'd have jumped at the situation we're in at the beginning of the season. I bumped into him in the car park of the services on M4 near Newport on way back Wednesday night game at Swansea back in September. Looked like he was picking up his car to head back home to the Midlands. He could have just said hello and left it at that but, despite wanting to get home and being nearly midnight, he was happy to stop for a chat about the game and what he thought of the season so far. Then thanked me for going to the game, wished me a safe journey and headed off.

get sean dyche in ,Rowett mde me unwell wacthing the sh...t that we was playing at one stage and i think it will return. In all the years of wacthing millwall that was the frist time i see a wall team at time s play with no passion etc
Loved Dyche as a Millwall player but not sure you'd get attacking football with him. Last 5 seasons with Burnely
Goals for Goals against
21/22 31 46
20/21 33 55
19/20 43 50
18/19 45 68
17/18 36 39

Loved Dyche as a Millwall player but not sure you'd get attacking football with him. Last 5 seasons with Burnely
Goals for Goals against
21/22 31 46
20/21 33 55
19/20 43 50
18/19 45 68
17/18 36 39
They scored plenty in the championship, Volks and Ings were banging them in.

Many are moving on in the summer, I expect 2-3 loans will be back somehow ,if GR get's the right players we could be top 3-4 all season but please go for it more , expectations from us and the board ect will be raised, a bit more pressure on GR this season ,will he last ? dont like the football he serves up but when we click I see how he want's us to play and it is very good , bit more of 4-4-2 in games we play that well too when on song would be nice ,either way we will start the season excited for the season in the league above or in the great league the Champoinship.

Many are moving on in the summer, I expect 2-3 loans will be back somehow ,if GR get's the right players we could be top 3-4 all season but please go for it more , expectations from us and the board ect will be raised, a bit more pressure on GR this season ,will he last ? dont like the football he serves up but when we click I see how he want's us to play and it is very good , bit more of 4-4-2 in games we play that well too when on song would be nice ,either way we will start the season excited for the season in the league above or in the great league the Champoinship.
I think you are being a bit optimistic there Mark. 3rd or 4th would mean Champions League, not sure we are that good. I'd settle for mid table next year and take it from there

Sorry mate the second half of the season has not been boring, Think back to the QPR and Huddersfield games in particular we tore them to piece's.

after the blackpool game, i had enough of GR but since Feb we have been a lot better in most games (well at least after HT) - he definitely has a tactic to go in level and go for it second half. Its brought a lot of wins and works.

Our last 3 home games (against shit sides) brought 9 goals. Our last 5 we have scored 12 goals. If we can be at this level over a full season, that would be brilliant! no chance of course

Anyone who wants GR replaced is playing with fire. Im happy pushing top 6 and being top half year on year. Eventually we will sneak into 6th

I cannot stand playing so many defenders and wingbacks as its so dull. Staying in the division is first priority then after that we should have a real go. Rowett is unlikely to leave as lets be honest there is no real expectation at Millwall and if we are finishing around the playoffs that is excellent for our budget.

A very good season for Millwall, i personally do not like our defensive approach to games but beggars cant be choosers and Rowett has done the job expected of him so far.

Members online