Gary Rowett

Cunts got to go now imo, Romeo, Evans shouldn't be anywhere near the first team, formations tactics wrong in fact clueless, 3 centre backs and then 2 defensive midfielders wtf is that all about should be 5/6 defending and 4/5 attacking putting otherteam on back foot his inept end odd but talks a good game
For arguments sake lets say your right, Do you seriously think JB will pay another manager's contract up? Holloway cost the club millions, It will take a really bad string of results for GR to get sacked We are nowhere near that yet.

For arguments sake lets say your right, Do you seriously think JB will pay another manager's contract up? Holloway cost the club millions, It will take a really bad string of results for GR to get sacked We are nowhere near that yet.
It’s not the results that I have a problem with it’s the brain dead tactics and negative football. I think like most thought this would change with fans back but we’ve got worse! I k ow he’s not renowned for his style but fuck me having 8 defenders on the pitch is shocking and embarrassing and just invites teams to attack us.

I said months ago that he’ll be gone by October. Absolute fucking joke of a manager - likewise all his mates who he’s brought in. My big worry (as others have said) is that he’ll not resign, so will have to be paid off.
Can’t see anything other than a relegation battle this season.

It’s not the results that I have a problem with it’s the brain dead tactics and negative football. I think like most thought this would change with fans back but we’ve got worse! I k ow he’s not renowned for his style but fuck me having 8 defenders on the pitch is shocking and embarrassing and just invites teams to attack us.
This all day long

I'll tell you what Millwall fans want. A brave team, brave players and a brave philosophy, however it comes. It can be direct, silky, simple, intricate. It can be hard to beat and dull. But it needs to be done with conviction. If we are going to be hard to beat then make the team nasty, snapping into tackles, horrible to play against, winning headers, physical, a handful, totally committed, energetic.

We are passive. Apart from Kieftenbeld, there is barely a tackle in the rest of the team. That is the problem. Not necessarily tactics or formations. It's attitude.
I think we’d all love to see that Robbo, but our players don’t have it in them to keep going like that for a full 90 minutes! And that’s how long we’d have to do it for, because we know if we slacken for just a few minutes, the opposition will get a foothold, and with better players than ours, will make us pay!

Also, the tactics you mentioned above won’t work on teams like Fulham, who‘s players are fast, energetic and move the ball around so quickly and with such precision, that it would be hard for our players to get near them to be physical!

Granted, not every team in the Championship can play like Fulham, but if any of our other opponents have just a tenth of the ability as the Fulham players, then they would make it extremely hard for us, as has been proven so far this season!

Drawett is one of those ageing dinosaur managers who cannot see long term the need for our club to find young, gifted footballers that can make the difference! Players who have bags of confidence, pace and a desire to win games! Instead, Drawett signs players like Evans, journeymen who really are not going to improve the club much, if at all. Even talented youngsters like Billy Mitchell and Danny Mac, play a few games and are then inexplicably dropped for no good reason, making way for inferior players like Romeo and the aforementioned Evans to take their place!

It’ll never happen this way, but if I was JB, and thinking that Drawett’s tenure was up, I would be secretly sounding out managers that I think I would want to work with, and ask them to watch a few of our matches! Then, when I was interviewing them, I would ask what they saw as weaknesses in the team, and how would they go about changing these weaknesses for the better? From those answers I would feel better placed in taking on a manager that wanted to play the way I knew our supporters wanted, and I wanted!

Did JB ask Drawett the right questions, before he was taken on, or was Drawett the only candidate who applied for the job, or was given it over other applicants because he was the cheaper option?

Jed will go because he will double his money, That doesn't mean he's not happy at Millwall, The club have a choice, Give him what he would earn elsewhere or let him go for nothing, JB must look at our attendances and wonder why he bothers, We are a poorly supported club whose crowds are similar if not worse than some club's in Division 1,All this great support talk is a myth, People wanting the manager sacked yet they watch the games on the telly, How many on here ask for streams when we are at home, Let's get realistic mid table will be a good season.
This is a well made point which I mentioned last week. Our support is poor in overall terms, which is due largely down to lack of expectation. Supporters will turn out in numbers for special games they want to see us win on the day ( Leeds etc) , but won't invest in season tickets or attend regularly as they know that ultimately history tells them we will fall short.
Having said that our core support has grown over the last thirty years, which not by coincidence have been some of the most successful in our history. To continue to grow the support sustained success is needed and that requires investment.

I actually sit there and think I’m not fussed if we concede early as Rowett will have to change it and let the team off the leash and at least it won’t continue to be a total borefest.

Managers don’t get sacked they just get their contract paid up to allow another manager to come in. As we can’t afford to pay up the contract of Bod to get another forward in then we won’t be paying up GRs contract after a couple of losses. Just like we are not going to play someone out of position at right wingback when we have an experienced one in Romeo. I suppose the only positive at the moment is if we hadn’t got GR then the other manager in the frame was Ainsworth.

Yes only because they were sold the bullshit of impending European dominance by the bacon bummer
Sheff utd had 29.000
Coventry City v Nottingham Forest – 20,843
3) Stoke City v Reading – 19,068
4) Bristol City v Blackpool – 18,729
5) Cardiff City v Barnsley – 17,431
6) Derby County v Huddersfield Town – 16,249
7) Queens Park Rangers v Millwall – 16,127
8) Fulham v Middlesbrough – 16,058
9) Preston North End v Hull City – 12,452
10) Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City – 10,260
11) Luton Town v Peterborough United – 10,019
12) AFC Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion – 9,254

I don’t think we have the players in our squad to effectively use this formation week in week out. The only person it really seems to suit is Malone and it shows, because he is the main man. Without him or Jed we would go to shit… Kieftenbeld does his job really well but in a 4-4-2 alongside Saville he could be even better.

Evans doesn’t fit in this formation. Neither does Saville. Saville isn’t a 10, he’s an 8 who likes to arrive in the box.

The back 3 just seem to get in each other’s way. If the ball doesn’t go from them to the fullbacks we can’t attack. If one of the midfield take the ball, the forwards are too far away to receive it from them - too disjointed.

Afobe and Jed working hard and feeding off scraps trying to make things happen.

It stood out for me the most vs Blackburn. This set up, particularly as this year and last season Rowett has tried to get us more comfortable in possession, makes us look like we are making hard work of it.
Blackburn were there for the taking and would have rolled over had we not handed them a way back in to the game.

Sometimes a game requires a break in philosophy and you have to find a way to win games there and then.

Managers don’t get sacked they just get their contract paid up to allow another manager to come in. As we can’t afford to pay up the contract of Bod to get another forward in then we won’t be paying up GRs contract after a couple of losses. Just like we are not going to play someone out of position at right wingback when we have an experienced one in Romeo. I suppose the only positive at the moment is if we hadn’t got GR then the other manager in the frame was Ainsworth.
Ainsworth may look like a reject from a Goth rock band, but at least he sets Wycombe up to try and score goals! Rowett doesn’t, and that’s the different philosophy of the two managers!

Even when they were in the bottom 3 last season, Wycombe were still trying to attack the opposition and go for a win!

At this moment in time, I would happily swap Drawett for Ainsworth, if it meant we got cohesion in the team, and players playing for the shirt!