Former players that Rowett wouldn’t start these days

I'm damn sure Rae had better stats.

Bloody hope so, now I've said it!
And a fair share of epic goals, not just one.

For us he scored 63 goals in 218 appearances according to Wiki.
Both were great players. Looking at their career stats, both were of a fairly similar age when they started playing for us, 19 and 21 respectively. Cahill was a great talent and probably underperformed for a season or so before kicking on. Rae had a wicked shot on him and Cahill brilliant at getting his head on a ball to score. Cahill 150 career goals and Rae 114.

After all that, and on the basis that Cahill scored That goal, I’d say he was the better player!

A young Sheringham would be given 5 games a season off the bench under Rowett, before being loaned out to Portsmouth. He wouldn’t be defence minded enough and would lack the pressing energy of Bradshaw.

Both were great players. Looking at their career stats, both were of a fairly similar age when they started playing for us, 19 and 21 respectively. Cahill was a great talent and probably underperformed for a season or so before kicking on. Rae had a wicked shot on him and Cahill brilliant at getting his head on a ball to score. Cahill 150 career goals and Rae 114.

After all that, and on the basis that Cahill scored That goal, I’d say he was the better player!
Id say they both did enough for us to achieve legend status.