FOR GOD SAKE ROWETT GO

I get all that Purley but year in & year out he gets goals & he gets assists, he’s not only our best performer stat wise every season but he’s also one of the best performers in the Championship. Oh, and he can run for 90 minutes and hardly ever gets injured. You could argue that Mahoney would have been snapped up by a bigger club by now if he was any good. Jed might come unstuck if he moves to a “bigger” club just like Saville did but he will be hard to replace.
Given how much ball he receives in open play; the fact he takes our penalties and a high percentage of our corners and free-kicks it’s hardly surprising his goals and assists stats look impressive 🤷‍♂️

Given how much ball he receives in open play; the fact he takes our penalties and a high percentage of our corners and free-kicks it’s hardly surprising his goals and assists stats look impressive 🤷‍♂️
And thereon lies one of our problems....corners. He takes every corner yet, how often does that get met by our own players.....on Saturday, not one. Its something that needs mixing up and again something that points fingers at training sessions

I don't want Rowett gone, I want him to sign an extension to his contract, We are now an established championship club, We might have a chance of the play offs but in my opinion we don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion, We lost a tight game and a few days ago run promotion favourites Bournemouth ragged in the second half, I have the utmost respect for your opinion but completely disagree with you.
I appreciate your respect, and I offer the same to you, but that’s where any similarity begins and ends, I’m afraid. :grinning:

I never like to think we are an established Championship club, because in our circumstances, we are always a season away from becoming a league 1 side again! No matter how well we as a club can do one year, circumstances the following season can bring it all crashing down around our ears! We’ve experienced this before, and at some point it may very well happen again!

If we got to the play offs this season, I don’t for the life of me think we’d progress to the final, but it would be nice to at least get to the play offs! That would at least show some progress!

We lost a tight game yesterday because some of the players lacked the intensity they had against Bournemouth! Rowett said as much when he was interviewed after the Hull game! For intensity, read apathy, or indifference or lack of interest - whatever you want to call it - it’s a mental block our players have when they play teams near the bottom of the table, and it costs the club a lot of missed points come the end of the season!

Shouldn’t Rowett, as manager, make sure that there is no apathy when each player crosses that white line? That before each game, Rowett should have each one of them pumped up and believing in their ability as a player, to go out and give 100% in performance and attitude? If not, then what is the point of Rowett as manager, if he doesn’t manage the players to their full potential?

The problem Is German, what Is the point of It all If no one Is happy watching It?

We are not going to win the league, most don't want to see Wall join the premier league wankers because of everything that comes with It and the damage It will do to the Wall we love. Not only that but we would get annihilated most weeks because our club has a two bob mentality that would embarrass League 1 clubs. Of course It would be fun for a bit, but that will soon wear off once we realise all the restrictions and grief we will be forced to go through just to do the simplest of things. We will be treated worse than the third class passengers on the Titanic. Short of our great cup runs, realistically this Is the best that It will be.

I don't go to Millwall to see us win the League and become an established top tier club like Palace. I go there because It's Millwall. Because the people are Millwall. Because It stirs an emotion In me that can't be explained to anyone who Isn't Millwall. In a sense It's a way of life.

So what are we after? What Is the difference of us finishing 9th or 15th? A few bob more that will just dissapear Into the financial black hole that Is running a football club. The fans won't see the money.

I want to be entertained at Millwall. I don't mind If we lose. I don't like It. But I don't mind as long as players have a go. As long as players try. As long as players are prepared to fight and get stuck In. I don't have any delusions of grandeur. What I have Is expectations based on the premise, the religion, that Is Millwall.

But what we are doing Is treading water for the sake of a fallacy. We have sacrificed the reason we watch football for what Is ulitmaltly an arbitrary number. Looking at the table and our budget, we are doing magnificently. But that's viewing It through a rose tinted, corporate Installed window. The reality Is the complete opposite.

We don't need to be ranked from 1 to 92. We know we're the best team In London, the best team of all. Not because we play the game the right way but because we know who we are. We know what we stand for. We know that when life pipes up and shits on people we're the cream that rise to the top. And when our football dilutes that. When our football turns us off. When our football makes people stay away. When the football makes It a chore to celebrate the thing you love as dear as your family then there Is a fundamental problem. We are not cash cows and we are not commodities. We are Millwall. We are the beating heart, the blood, the lungs, liver and kidneys of the club. We are the reason why the club gets to trade on It's name. It's our literal blood, sweat and passion that gives these cunts the right to earn their money at our expense. But we are being taken for mugs. We are expected to believe that we should be greatful to be where we are. Well I'm greatful that I was born where I was and Into what I was. After that, anyone who puts a downer on what I, you and all the other masochists consider their first love fills me with a feeling that Is certainly not healthy. We shouldn't have to put up with It. We shouldn't convince ourselves that this Is what we deserve. It's aking to being In an abusive relationship.

We all love Millwall. Yet these past few seasons are killing us.
Post of 2021!!! :clap:

Never been a Rowett fan , but don’t think now is the time to call for his head. Our defenders are making sloppy errors and our midfield can barely pass . Our strikers are feeding off hopeful punts forward. I blame the players for the average performances.
If our defenders are making errors it's because so much pressure is put on them to defend for 90 minutes due to the formation GR wants to play.
The midfield can pass, but it's always backwards, then comes the long ball punts from defenders that our forwards try to chase down, that 99% of the time they won't get to, so it's a waste of energy.
Everyone knows how to play against us, just press high that makes our wingbacks null and void so we pass it along the back line till we get caught in a corner then we put it forward etc... etc ..

We actually went 4-4-2 and had a go at them yesterday which loads of people have been screaming out for us to do and we got beat. We wanted the team to attack more and we did, we just dont take our chances is that GRs fault or the people the chances fall too? I havent been a fan of some of the football but last two games it has changed and if we dont like that either I am not sure what people want really?
But we didn't go 4-4-2 with 2 wingers we went 4-2-3-1, we all know that Saville has been poor but I don't see the point in playing him if we are going to use him in the defensive half of the pitch

Yesterday, we had a bit of a go, but it was still long balls up the line, would be nice to see a real 4-4-2

I take that on board, But after the last week I think Rowett out is stronging it, we played really well Mon Wednesday and give it a go yesterday, The Hull commentators were praising us for playing out from the back, We can't have it both ways.
We did play well, the question is, why has it taken half the season for GR to change it to a back 4, it made quite a bit of difference, had he done this a lot earlier in the season, we may be higher then where we sit in the league, God forbid he plays a full 4-4-2, I don't think his heart could take it.

I would not want GR out if he changed the system, yes he played a back 4 for the past 2 games, but he is playing 4-2-3-1, then after one loss he basically said, sorry it didn't work, now back to 5-2-3, to me that's 2 fingers up to the fans as almost everyone knows that his 5 at the back is boring negative football

I don't want Rowett gone, I want him to sign an extension to his contract, We are now an established championship club, We might have a chance of the play offs but in my opinion we don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion, We lost a tight game and a few days ago run promotion favourites Bournemouth ragged in the second half, I have the utmost respect for your opinion but completely disagree with you.
Picking the same 11 every week would enable players to know each others strengths and weaknesses

Sorry to say this but Danny Mc was partially at fault for their first goal, he found himself on the left side of the pitch and had to lunge at their player who played it wide. Saville was supposed to be marking Honeyman and he lost his player. That cross definitely hit Hutchinson’s head on its way to Honeyman.

Saville is a liability and he is the shadow of his former self engine wise. He gave the ball away more than 10 times in first half alone. The 2nd goal was a farce from start to finish.

Had we scored to equalise by the 70 minute we would of gone to win comfortably IMO.

Regarding Saville, why was we able to get him? something about his personal life I remember being said.

Regarding Saville, why was we able to get him? something about his personal life I remember being said.
I think it was a bit of that, but mostly because Boro were still paying us the money they owed for buying Saville, and whatever was left (let’s say it was £2M), a deal was done whereby we didn’t pay out any funds, but what they owed us was wiped off.

A win-win for everybody at the time, but now it looks as though Boro got the better end of the deal!

Never been a Rowett fan , but don’t think now is the time to call for his head. Our defenders are making sloppy errors and our midfield can barely pass . Our strikers are feeding off hopeful punts forward. I blame the players for the average performances.
But it's the manager who decides how we play,formation ,subs etc , we have not been able to pass the ball on the floor from the back /midfield to the forwards for most of the season And we revert to the " Harris hoof" to what are midgets up front for us , I agree the players must take some of the blame but tactics wise it's down to 1 or 2 peop!e

i think GR, has had ample time to put a settled team together and all he does is mix it up and tbh its a bore to watch. hes deprived a millwall team of havingany passion and no postive formation of a style of play. the muppet has been sacked twice for doing nothing,i like so many others have followed the lions for years and to me GR is one of the worst mangers we have ever had and every time i go to the den,i come away with the right hump.

Staff online

Members online