Flemming in

or championship clubs that come sniffing around them in a couple of years time, we can sell them on for the right amount of money, instead of just giving them away for peanuts, as we’ve done in the past!
That's a great idea as long as that player isn't greedy and/or a cunt who runs his contract down and leaves for free. You also have to hope is agent isn't a cunt too and isn't touting him about cause he wants the latest Ferrari to add to his collection. The you have to also hope his parents aren't greedy cunts as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Bobby Charlton didn't score many tap ins I. M.
I should have put a smilie on that post of mine - only joking. That video looked good and he did get some tap ins too! It remains to be seen, of course, how well his form from the Dutch league will translate to the Championship but you'd have to think that a player from that division has a very good chance of making it over here. How often have we complained about the club not spending enough so it's great to see some money being spent. This signing really gives optimism for the season ahead.

The loan market is a must for us if we want to compete on the pitch and stay in this division, cause we can't afford them otherwise. It has it's benefits as proven with Ballard, and our top scorer. They essentially came here for nothing other than a hire fee. Only paying a percentage of their wage and are we're not contractually lumbered with them if they fail or get badly injured

I don't see it as a problem, it's akin to leasing a nice motor you couldn't otherwise afford. We put Ballard on show for Arsenal, we'll be in their good books the next time we go asking. I would rather it that way to be honest. Obviously you need a bit of luck in getting the right fit/ players.. It's still a lot less costly and riskier than having the likes of Mahoney warming the bench!
Agree with that, loan players will always be part of the picture and as you say, we’re not stuck with them if they don't work out. I'm glad that Parrott was only on loan, for example. That said, the other side of the coin is that if they do work out, it's always a disappointment to see them go. But unless JB decides to really up the ante in spending, we just have to accept that. I'm sorry that Ballard is gone but it's better we had him for a season than not at all.

I don't think the club has ever over done it with numbers of loan players either. You don't want too many of them or they might hold back younger players at the club who might not get a game.